Yes
81.58%
No
18.42%
Total votes: 38
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Hello and welcome to the ODD Community Tournament.
ODD is a german community, which also supports osu! and we want to hold a little tournament.
It is a #50.000 + Tournament. It will be held in Single Elimination and ScoreV1 and is happening on 1 weekend.
Registrations are unlimited and only available to players in the european region. At the moment we can't deal with huge time zone differences unfortunately.
Tournament will have a stream!

Rules
The ODD and TOC are both using the osu! -Official Tournament Rules- slightly changed due to different style of tourney. We all just want to be sure that there are no incedents in a match.[/size]

TOURNAMENT RULES

The ODD Community Tournament is a european 1v1 tournament.

Map scoring is based on Score V1.

The beatmaps fort he tourney will be announced by the mapset selector in before the actual matches take place. Only these will be used during the respective matches.

One beatmap will be given as tiebreaker map. This beatmap will only be played in case of a tie.

Match schedule will be settled by Tournament Management (see below).

Failed player's score do not count.

Reviving and surviving during a map gets considered as passing it.

Use of the Visual Settings options are allowed.

If the beatmap ends in a draw, the game will be nullified.

If a player disconnects, they get treated as if they failed the beatmap.

Disconnects within 30 seconds after map begin can be rematched. This is up to the referee's discretion.

Beatmaps cannot be reused in the same match unless the beatmap was nullified.

Lag is not a valid reason to nullify a beatmap.

All players are supposed to keep the match running fluent and without delays. Excessive match delays coming from the player's side can be issued with penalites.

If a player disconnects between the beatmaps the match can be delayed 10 minutes at maximum.

All players and referees must to be treated with respect. Instructions of the referees and tournament management is to be followed. Decisions labeled as final are not to be objected.

Disrupting the match by foul play, insulting and provoking other players or referees, delaying the match or other deliberate inappropriate misbehavior is strictly prohibited.

The multiplayer chatrooms underlie the osu! community rules. All chat rules apply to the multiplayer chatrooms, too.

Breaking the chat rules results in a silence. Silenced players can not participate at multiplayer matches.

Unexpected incidences are handled by the tournament management. Referees may allow higher tolerance depending on the given circumstances. This is up to their discretion.

Penalties for violating the tournament rules can be:

Exclusion of specific players for one map
Exclusion of specific players for an entire match
Declaring the match as Lost by Default
Disqualification from the entire tournament
Disqualification from the current and future official tournaments until appealed
Any modification of these rules will be announced.

TOURNAMENT RULES

To ensure valid and serious registrations, every registered user will be checked by the Tournament Management.

To be successfully accepted on the list, you have to ensure that your global osu! performance ranking is under #50.000.

Mapset selectors may not participate as a player in this tournament.

STAGE INSTRUCTIONS

The Tournament will be played in Single Elimination.

Matches will be drawn live on stream. 1 week in advance oft he tournament day.

This means that the winner moves to the next match and the losing player gets eliminated from the tournament.

Winning Conditions:

Below Round of 16, you need to win 2 maps to win a match. (Best-of-3)
In the Round of 16 and the Quarter-finals, you need to win 3 maps to win a match. (Best-of-5)
In Semi-finals, you need to win 4 maps to win a match. (Best-of-7)
In Finals, you need to win 5 maps to win a match. (Best-of-9)

MATCH INSTRUCTIONS

Till the Round of 16, the players themselves open up the room, set ScoreV1 and send the Multiplayer-Link (MP Link) to me, CrsTramorio, per osu privat message through the website. The MP Link will be posted from BanchoBot in the gamelobby when you create it. Click it, copy and paste it to me.

Above Round of 16 a referee will create a multiplayer room 10 minutes in advance. Players will be gathered during this period.

Players are free to select one warm-up beatmap.

Each player can ban two beatmaps to be selected from the pool. These beatmaps are not allowed to be picked by any player in the entire match.

Both vetos must always be used.

Beatmap selection will alternate between each player selecting a beatmap out of the map pool.

Each player must use "!roll" once in #multiplayer.

The winner of the !roll starts picking the first beatmap of the match.

The loser of the !roll starts banning two beatmaps.

Players may pick freely from any bracket.

In case of a tie, the tiebreaker map must be played.

Results will be published via Statistics site.

MAPPOOL INSTRUCTIONS

There will be 1 mappool for the entire tournament.

The mappool consists of 3 bracket: NoMod, DoubleTime and FreeMod

The mappool consists of 13 maps in total.

Each mappool has one tiebreaker.

The NoMod bracket will be played with no mods activated

The DoubleTime bracket will be played with the respective mod activated.

The FreeMod bracket will have FreeMod activated. Every individual player can pick Hidden, HardRock, Flashlight.

Players may select more than one mod.

When playing a FreeMod map, at least 1 mod must be activated.

The tiebreaker will be played under NoMod conditions.

The size of the NoMod bracket will be 6.

The size of the mod-specific brackets will be 3.

SCHEDULING INSTRUCTIONS

The tournament will be held on a single weekend

The tournament will be held on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday, UTC+0.

Scheduling will be handled by the Tournament Management. Schedules will be released 1 week in advance before the first matches.

Please inform tournament management if you expect a specific time slot to be unavailable in the week. Wishes are tried to be followed, although no promises can be made.

Players are responsible for their availability.

23.04.2016 Round 1
24.04.2016 Round 2
30.04.2016 Round 3

Tournament Day 1 - 23.04.2016 (11-17 UTC+0)
Tournament Day 2 - 24.04.2016 (14-20 UTC+0)
Tournament Day 3 - 30.04.2016 (12-14 UTC+0)

1st Place - 2 months osu! Supporter
2nd Place - 1 months osu! Supporter

[Verethragna]
Is this 1 v 1 or team vs team cuz the instructions are kinda confusing xD
Topic Starter
Zenyatta

[Verethragna] wrote:

"The ODD Community Tournament is a european 1v1 tournament"

First sentence in rules :)
[Verethragna]

CrsTramorio wrote:

[Verethragna] wrote:

"The ODD Community Tournament is a european 1v1 tournament"

First sentence in rules :)
Sorry Im blind xD What is going to be the star range of the map pool?
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Sorry Im blind xD What is going to be the star range of the map pool?
Not further then 4.5
Tandashi
How about dropping below the #50.000 Mark after registration? Would it be OK or will you be disqualified?
SFGrenade
Can you pls fix all the "team here, team there" issues, if this really is a 1v1 tournament?

CrsTramorio wrote:

Failed player's score do not get added to the team score
If a player disconnects between the beatmaps and the team can not provide an exchange, the match can be delayed 10 minutes at maximum
... and some "oft he" to "of the" :D
Topic Starter
Zenyatta

SFGrenade wrote:

Can you pls fix all the "team here, team there" issues, if this really is a 1v1 tournament?

CrsTramorio wrote:

Failed player's score do not get added to the team score
If a player disconnects between the beatmaps and the team can not provide an exchange, the match can be delayed 10 minutes at maximum
... and some "oft he" to "of the" :D
Woops thought I got all the little ones. Thank you for that one.

And @Tandashi. Yes you are disqualified in this case.
SFGrenade
If i accidentally drop under/over (idk which of them) the #50k in the middle of the tournament, am i disqualified?
Topic Starter
Zenyatta

SFGrenade wrote:

If i accidentally drop under/over (idk which of them) the #50k in the middle of the tournament, am i disqualified?
Yes, in this case you would be disqualified. I tolerate 2k~
Since it it my tourney, i can make this decision :P
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
Mappool is out now!
[Verethragna]
The mappool is very easy and the people who registered are high ranked you should atleast make the mappool 3-4*
Topic Starter
Zenyatta

[Verethragna] wrote:

The mappool is very easy and the people who registered are high ranked you should atleast make the mappool 3-4*
the mappool overall difficulty with DT is 3,4. Its adequate and not only 50k ranks :)
Tandashi

CrsTramorio wrote:

[Verethragna] wrote:

the mappool overall difficulty with DT is 3,4. Its adequate and not only 50k ranks :)

I think the pool is good how it is because there are also 400k+ player participating at this tournament and not only 50k as CrsTramorio said.
And for the higher 50k rank players they also have a challenge to read lower AR and stuff. :D

Edit: Btw "Nishino Kana - Wishing" has no difficulty :P
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
There is only one :D
SFGrenade
about the Nishino Kana - Wishing diff,
is it "yanlu's Wish", "Dark_Ai's Wish" or "My Wish"?
Tandashi

CrsTramorio wrote:

There is only one :D

There are 3:
"yanlu's Wish"
"Dark_Ai's Wish"
"My Wish"

But ok...
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
There are 3:
"yanlu's Wish"
"Dark_Ai's Wish"
"My Wish"

But ok..
Oh shit you are right. Brainless me. Changed it. It is "My Wish"!
Scarlet Evans
I would like to participate, but there are some things that are unclear to me. Could I ask for explaining them a little? :)

voting poll wrote:

Stream beginning Quarterfinals?
I have a camera in my laptop, but it can't be directed at my keyboard without lowering lid, which would prevent me from being able to play. I also don't have any other camera that I could attach to my laptop and show my hands on stream.

Let's say that "Yes" in poll wins. Does it mean that if I don't have enough money, or simply can't afford to buy a camera now, I will be excluded from tournament? :cry: :(

CrsTramorio wrote:

The ODD Community Tournament is a European 1v1 tournament.
What do you use to determine, if the player is an European player? Maybe something like this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundarie ... continents
What would happen, if someone was declaring himself/herself as a citizen of X, which is European, but had flag of / currently lived in Y, which is not European?

Fortunately, it doesn't concern me, as I am from Poland and in Poland ^^.

CrsTramorio wrote:

One beatmap will be given as tiebreaker map. This beatmap will only be played in case of a tie.
Can this be played on ANY tie? (For example: any out of 1:1, 2:2, 3:3, while playing Best-of-7)
Or only when both players are missing exactly 1 (or some other fixed number of win(s)) to gain the victory?

CrsTramorio wrote:

If I can pick freely from any maps bracket, then I can pick from tiebreaker bracket too, preventing it from being played further in game (for example to play the map, with which I am comfortable more than with tiebreaker, in case of tie).
But, even though I can exclude tiebreaker by choosing it prematurely, the rules says both that it must be chosen and can't be chosen again, unless nullified. How should I understand this (apparent?) contradiction? Also, is tie equal to the last possible tie?

CrsTramorio wrote:

The FreeMod bracket will have FreeMod activated. Every individual player can pick Hidden, HardRock, Flashlight.

This only states that I have to activate DoubleTime mod, while playing DoubleTime bracket, but it doesn't say anything about being unable to use other mods. On the contrary, it also says that "Players may select more than one mod" . Does that mean that I can play DoubleTime bracket maps with +HDDT, +HRDT, etc. turned on?
Sorry for asking that, but from wording things like that many people could deduce that it's obvious that they can use other mods in DT bracket, so I just want to be sure how it really is :P

Sorry again for so many questions at once ;D

// Edit: //

How are mods being chosen? Is there some order of choosing them? Or players can change them as many times as they want, before the match starts?
For example: my opponent choose HD, I choose HDHR, then he wants to play HDHR too. Can he do that?

CrsTramorio wrote:

The loser of the !roll starts banning two beatmaps.
So, what is the exact order here?

Winner picks --> Loser bans 2 maps --> Winner bans 2 maps

or something like

Loser bans 2 maps --> Winner bans 2 maps --> Winner picks ?
Topic Starter
Zenyatta
I have a camera in my laptop, but it can't be directed at my keyboard without lowering lid, which would prevent me from being able to play. I also don't have any other camera that I could attach to my laptop and show my hands on stream.

-you dont stream, I stream you guys while playing

Let's say that "Yes" in poll wins. Does it mean that if I don't have enough money, or simply can't afford to buy a camera now, I will be excluded from tournament?

-no

The ODD Community Tournament is a European 1v1 tournament.
What do you use to determine, if the player is an European player? Maybe something like this?
What would happen, if someone was declaring himself/herself as a citizen of X, which is European, but had flag of / currently lived in Y, which is not European?
Fortunately, it doesn't concern me, as I am from Poland and in Poland

-political, timezones

Can this be played on ANY tie? (For example: any out of 1:1, 2:2, 3:3, while playing Best-of-7)
Or only when both players are missing exactly 1 (or some other fixed number of win(s)) to gain the victory?

no, only on a tie. if it is bo7 it it not a tie if its 1-1 because you still have maps to go. in this case bo7 will tie at 3-3

If I can pick freely from any maps bracket, then I can pick from tiebreaker bracket too, preventing it from being played further in game (for example to play the map, with which I am comfortable more than with tiebreaker, in case of tie).
But, even though I can exclude tiebreaker by choosing it prematurely, the rules says both that it must be chosen and can't be chosen again, unless nullified. How should I understand this (apparent?) contradiction? Also, is tie equal to the last possible tie?

well it is called tiebreaker. so it is used only in a tie. obviously. tiebreaker is not a normal beatmap. if nullified you can play a map out of brackets (nomod,dt,fm) if there is a tie. you play tiebreaker

This only states that I have to activate DoubleTime mod, while playing DoubleTime bracket, but it doesn't say anything about being unable to use other mods. On the contrary, it also says that "Players may select more than one mod" . Does that mean that I can play DoubleTime bracket maps with +HDDT, +HRDT, etc. turned on?
Sorry for asking that, but from wording things like that many people could deduce that it's obvious that they can use other mods in DT bracket, so I just want to be sure how it really is :P
How are mods being chosen? Is there some order of choosing them? Or players can change them as many times as they want, before the match starts?
For example: my opponent choose HD, I choose HDHR, then he wants to play HDHR too. Can he do that?

-No because dt gets played with respective mods. so only DT
-unless the game hasnt started. yes

The loser of the !roll starts banning two beatmaps.[/quote]
So, what is the exact order here?

Winner picks --> Loser bans 2 maps --> Winner bans 2 maps

or something like

Loser bans 2 maps --> Winner bans 2 maps --> Winner picks ?

-You answered yourself
"The winner of the !roll starts picking the first beatmap of the match. The loser of the !roll starts banning two beatmaps."
Roll -> Loser Bans 2 maps -> winner bans two maps -> winner picks first map
show more