forum

Development with the OR in osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Epsile
Alright, so. Here's what I think of the whole thing.

Oculus Rift is a virtual reality device that people can put on their face and experience the first-person view of a lot of games. I, myself, have tried it before and it's actually quite a lot of fun.

Around 10 minutes ago I had seen that there was a news article about how peppy might be implementing the OR into osu! as an input method.

Personally, I think that's probably one of the coolest things I've ever really heard of, putting the OR into osu! and there could be a lot of benefits to it.

The main thing with it is that I've seen a lot of players move their head while they play osu! to look at the circles and then click them. The OR could make it to where the players could train themselves to do such a thing, as well as maybe even getting better at osu! if they use a tablet and then use the OR to help them read the notes better.

Another thing is that the OR being implemented into osu!, as the news article had mentioned, would be a very futuristic thing and could help people to buy the OR. I agree with this because of the fact that the OR isn't bought by many people as it is, but with this being implemented into osu!, it would help people be able to buy the OR and maybe get the sales on it a lot higher.

But there are a lot downsides to the OR being implemented into osu!.

For example, the fact that the OR probably wouldn't be able to track a lot of the faster-moving approach circles and whatnot when you're playing either Hard Rock or Double Time. The OR isn't really designed for that kind of use, at least from what I've seen.

Another thing would be that if people were to use the OR and make the vowel sounds as they were to play the game, it would be a bit harder to play it because who wants to stream screaming "AAAAA AOOOOOO EEEEEE HHEHEHEHEHHEHEHHE" or something like that? Maybe it could be something for the beginner players to start out with while they're just clicking circles and sliding the sliders really slowly and one at a time, but in the later play ability of better players, it wouldn't really be too practical.

I really like the idea of the OR being implemented into osu!, though. It's just that there still needs to be some things taken into consideration, and I understand that there's still not really anything set in stone. I just wanted to get my two-cents worth in. :P
Crowie
Lmao
Mahogany
top fucking kek
Minhtam
hook line and sinker
Crowie
;w;
AncuL
11/10
Greydus
10 / 10 would fuck, o wait wrong thread lmao