forum

Keyboard players : what's your keyboard ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
mathexpert
I use a Xarmor u9plus keyboard~
qlum

Oinari-sama wrote:

Oh I got a question for the owners of 6Gv2. I read quite a few complaints about the key cap printing fading away rather fast. Can someone comfirm/deny the problem?

A current photo of your 6Gv2 keys + how long you've owned it will be much appreciated!
Well I can tell you at least for my version those claims are bogus because the print is laser edged instead of just printed on they should not fade of for a very long time (it could be that they changed that in later versions), I have mine for about 8 months and see no fading at all. I have had other keyboards where they did start to fade quite fast so I know what to look for. One problem I do have but that's something almost all keyboards have is that the plastic starts shining quite fast, after a few months they already started shining and now all my somewhat commonly used keys have it. I also heard Steelseries is quite nice when its about replacements so if you even have fading key prints you can just go through their support and they will most likely just send you new keys.
Full Tablet

qlum wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Oh I got a question for the owners of 6Gv2. I read quite a few complaints about the key cap printing fading away rather fast. Can someone comfirm/deny the problem?

A current photo of your 6Gv2 keys + how long you've owned it will be much appreciated!
Well I can tell you at least for my version those claims are bogus because the print is laser edged instead of just printed on they should not fade of for a very long time (it could be that they changed that in later versions), I have mine for about 8 months and see no fading at all. I have had other keyboards where they did start to fade quite fast so I know what to look for. One problem I do have but that's something almost all keyboards have is that the plastic starts shining quite fast, after a few months they already started shining and now all my somewhat commonly used keys have it. I also heard Steelseries is quite nice when its about replacements so if you even have fading key prints you can just go through their support and they will most likely just send you new keys.
Why people don't like when their key caps start to shine with use. I usually use the different texture in my X key to find it faster just before the end of a break in the middle of a song.
Babukus
I'm using a Logitech G19 keyboard and have been using it for about 2 years. It's nice but whenever my computer sleeps the backlight resets to white and I can't change it again, so I have to restart my computer (if anyone knows a solution please tell me).
Onozu
Black Hornet MKA-3 Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry Blue switch
Antero
i change them on a weekly basis

Pizzicato

Antero wrote:

i change them on a weekly basis
wow.
Kalas_old
razer blackwidow tournament edition
the tounament edition doesnt have those useless number pad, which is good for me because I dont have much space on my table.
Also its very loud ( I dont hear anything if I put my headsets on and play osu!) I wake my whole family up if I would play this at night lol
FrzR
just a standard acer laptop keyboard. Practically my system is a laptop. :3
Built-in keyboard of M18x, It's pretty hard to place such a huge laptop and an extended keyboard together on a desk in a university dorm...
Besides the type of keyboard doesn't affect me that much.
Oinari-sama
Today I finally said goodbye to my trusty 8yo $20 rubber dome.

Got a CM quickfire tk Brown (good deal too). Hope this one goes a long way.

qlum thanks for the feedback on 6Gv2. It was a tough choice between the 2 kb and I chose the brown switch in the end.
Lelion
I've been using Corsair k90 (cherry mx red) since the start. Really pleased with it although it can be really loud
Kanye West

Oinari-sama wrote:

qlum thanks for the feedback on 6Gv2. It was a tough choice between the 2 kb and I chose the brown switch in the end.
I have the quickfire tk with blue switches, the build quality and key caps are great, not to mention the relatively cheap price. Good choice!
Oinari-sama

Kanye West wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

I have the quickfire tk with blue switches, the build quality and key caps are great, not to mention the relatively cheap price. Good choice!
After spending a day with it, I don't think I can ever go back to rubber domes again.

This is a sexy keyboard to type on. There're some complaints about the numpad combined with arrow keys, but I got used to it in just a day. Loving it!
Nessuka
Steelseries 6GV2 (blacks) :J
TheAussie
Leopold FC700R (Cherry MX Brown) and it's White.
Oinari-sama

Takeda Shingen wrote:

Oh that's another kb I considered.

I remember reading posts about the Brown switches on Leopold almost feel as hard as Black. How does yours feel compared to other Brown/Black switches?
Antero

Oinari-sama wrote:

Takeda Shingen wrote:

Oh that's another kb I considered.

I remember reading posts about the Brown switches on Leopold almost feel as hard as Black. How does yours feel compared to other Brown/Black switches?
bs, i have that keyboard and they feel as light as reds
hinamizawan
I'm trying a rubber-dome keyboard again just for comparisions and I feel a lot more endurance and stamina compared to the BlackWidow, it's a Logitech K120.
enik

makkura wrote:

I'm trying a rubber-dome keyboard again just for comparisions and I feel a lot more endurance and stamina compared to the BlackWidow, it's a Logitech K120.
Yaay K120 best keyboard!
Futurola
Quitted using kb, but ive got an filco black switches.
Icyteru
$15 rubber dome from 7 years back. Good shit. It's the "officeworks" brand, it's logo is techworks.
Stregan
I use my netbook's keyboard lol because I find my netbook's keyboard more comfortable than most of the keyboards xD
primrose
I use Dell Generic Keyboard (rubberdome) but now I use my netbook keyboard because of reasons
Dazmi
acer KB-2971
uzzi
Razer BlackWidow, might change to something with red switches once I get some money.
Karazeru
I use this keyboard.

hinamizawan
i got a defective filco ninja last week, sended it back to a new one
Dope
does anyone have this keyboard?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121118112493? ... 1438.l2649

i want to buy it but it's so cheap compared to others it's strange.
also i just noticed its refurbished.
Kanye West

Dope wrote:

Coolermaster makes excellent products. Highly recommend.
Dope

Kanye West wrote:

Dope wrote:

Coolermaster makes excellent products. Highly recommend.
my friend told me to avoid it since it's refurbished though
Tamako Lumisade

Lolwut
boat

Dope wrote:

my friend told me to avoid it since it's refurbished though
It's a great budget keyboard either way, if you want browns then try getting your hands on a new one, they should be about the same price as listed there (70-80€). They got a similar and backlit model with reds for about the same price as well, but if you insist on linear switches you might as well go for a 6gv2.
Callum
~
erOL0liSENSei
Coolermaster CM Storm Quickfire TK with red switches.
Yano
Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate Edition
Lapis-
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Black Switches)

I like it more than reds although staminas quite hard on it, it lets you burst speed easier imo
Piotrekol
Qpad MK-50
pielak213
­
Ruirize

That wonderful beast of a mechanical keyboard.
show more