forum

Looking for keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NoTimeLeft
Hey guys, after getting constantly pounded by a friend of mine at Osu!, I decided upgrade my mouse and keyboard setup, which currently only has a worth of 20 euro... I decided that the mouse would become the "Razor DeathAdder" but I can't really decide what keyboard I should get. Because you guys are always mashing buttons like madmen, I think some of you might have an idea what a good keyboard would be for gaming (also for the games LoL and CSGO) I'm looking for a keyboard that's not much higher than 100 euro, preferably lower. I don't need any fancy lighting though.

Thanks ^^
Mahogany
I have a CM Storm Trigger keyboard and it's great

Only real tips are that
>Red and black switches are the most common switches used for playing osu
>Avoid razer keyboards like the plague. (I hear Deathadders can be reliable though)
Rurree

Mahogany wrote:

I have a CM Storm Trigger keyboard and it's great

Only real tips are that
>Red and black switches are the most common switches used for playing osu
>Avoid razer keyboards like the plague. (I hear Deathadders can be reliable though)
Razer keyboards aren't that bad that you need to avoid them, plus, Deathadder is a mouse.

You could actually opt for a Razer Blackwidow Expert keyboard if you want a tactile and clicky (there's a silent option), it's surely less than 100 euros but if you want something more linear and better for gaming you can choose the Steelseries 6gv2 keyboard, it has Cherry MX Reds or Blacks, it costs around 99 euros.

There are many options too like the CM Storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX Board 3.0, etc. just depends on what you really need.
FuZ
deathadder is good
Cinia Arctica
Peripherals are really tricky when you first try and buy one...

I'm guessing you are not going to only be playing osu 24/7 so I do reccomend you buy Brown's as they are really popular and the feel is just so nice. I highly reccommend not buying a Razer product because the quality is trash and the customer support is literally worse than a landfill. The Razer products just don't last long
I reccomend buying quickfire mx Brown's or k70mx Brown's

As for mouse , the only good deathadder is the 2013 edition because of its unique sensor...All the other ones are garbo.
The best mice I own are Zowie fk1, Rival 300 and N mouse.

I've owned 5 mice and 4 mechanical keyboards so I do have a fairly good idea of what's good and what's not .

Msg me if u have any questions

Best switches to buy are reds, browns , and blacks.
If you want to cause a 10.0 earthquakes then you can get blues but you won't be able to stream well
Mahogany

Rurree wrote:

Razer keyboards aren't that bad that you need to avoid them
That's the exact opposite of everything I've ever heard from everyone ever

Rurree wrote:

plus, Deathadder is a mouse.
Yeah, I got that part, just saying that not >everything< razer has is garbage, just most of it. I hear razer don't even manufacture the good parts of the deathadder.
Jarvis
I can personally say I have tried the K70 and Blackwidow. Razer keyboards are definitely overpriced for the type of quality you get. Brands I would recommend going to for keyboards are:

Corsair: K65

Cooler Master: Quickfire Series

Both are reputable companies that generally are known to have keyboards built like a tank
Rurree

Mahogany wrote:

Rurree wrote:

Razer keyboards aren't that bad that you need to avoid them
That's the exact opposite of everything I've ever heard from everyone ever

Rurree wrote:

plus, Deathadder is a mouse.
Yeah, I got that part, just saying that not >everything< razer has is garbage, just most of it. I hear razer don't even manufacture the good parts of the deathadder.
People who say they're complete trash that you need to avoid them are haters. I owned a Blackwidow 2014 and it's still well and alive, just don't type on it with the intention of breaking it and you got yourself a solid keyboard. If I have to give a trash item of them, it'd be the Orochi, because damn that thing sucks.

Razer products are overpriced, sure, but sometimes I feel like the hate (or dislike) for them are unjustified, oh well, personal preference.
Mahogany

Rurree wrote:

don't type on it with the intention of breaking it
Have you ever played osu before

That's pretty much what you're doing all the damn time.

Razer's switches will not last
Rurree

Mahogany wrote:

Rurree wrote:

don't type on it with the intention of breaking it
Have you ever played osu before

That's pretty much what you're doing all the damn time.

Razer's switches will not last
Please explain how my friend's Blackwidow isn't wrecked after a year then.

Um, no.. Kailh switches are pretty much the same as Cherry switches, the difference is just the quality and it's not even that much. The only issue I see is that Razer didn't reduce the pricing of the Chroma even if they use a lesser known brand.

The real issue is quality control, not the switches, because ideally Razer's switches have been servicing customers well (including some of my friends) with their switches but obviously there'll be people who'll have issues with it.
Mahogany

Rurree wrote:

Blind luck

Rurree wrote:

Kailh switches are pretty much the same as Cherry switches, the difference is just the quality
That's literally a massive difference and literally what I'm saying

Rurree wrote:

The real issue is quality control, not the switches,
The switches break because of poor quality control = the switches are bad
Rurree

Mahogany wrote:

Rurree wrote:

Blind luck

Rurree wrote:

Kailh switches are pretty much the same as Cherry switches, the difference is just the quality
That's literally a massive difference and literally what I'm saying

Rurree wrote:

The real issue is quality control, not the switches,
The switches break because of poor quality control = the switches are bad
1. How is it blind luck when all of my friends who have a Blackwidow with the Razer switches have their keyboard in good condition besides one who broke his F2 button (He told me he tried to remove the keycap without a remover)

2. How is there no difference when you literally told me that Razer switches aren't good? There aren't much switches to compare other than Cherry.

3. Quality control has nothing to do with the switches themselves lol.. It's how a company is able to make sure that the products they ship out are consistently in good condition and that not a lot of them are being sent back due to random dents on the keyboard, faulty keycaps, and etc.
Mahogany

Rurree wrote:

How is it blind luck when all of my friends who have a Blackwidow with the Razer switches have their keyboard in good condition
thats exactly what blind lick is

Rurree wrote:

How is there no difference when you literally told me that Razer switches aren't good?
They aren't good because they break

That means their quality is worse than Cherry switches

that means they're worse

Rurree wrote:

Quality control has nothing to do with the switches themselves lol
Yes it does

Poor quality control results in poor quality switches being sent out

Evidently this happens a lot with razer
TakuMii
Just a friendly heads-up that Razer started producing their switches on their own production lines as of last month (as in, Razer switches are no longer produced by Kailh, and you'll probably see these non-Kailh switches first on their new BlackWidow X).

They're claiming that the move will bring near-zero error tolerance levels and increase the key lifespan by over 30% (80mil keystroke rating for the Razer-produced Razer switches compared to the 60mil of the Kailh-produced Razer switches), but only time will tell if this will actually hold true.
Mahogany
Oh cool, that's good to know. Maybe I'll reset my opinion of them for a while then
AshbeII

Rurree wrote:

, just don't type on it with the intention of breaking it and you got yourself a solid keyboard.
Literally every keyboard in the world man
Rurree

Mahogany wrote:

Rurree wrote:

How is it blind luck when all of my friends who have a Blackwidow with the Razer switches have their keyboard in good condition
thats exactly what blind lick is

Rurree wrote:

How is there no difference when you literally told me that Razer switches aren't good?
They aren't good because they break

That means their quality is worse than Cherry switches

that means they're worse

Rurree wrote:

Quality control has nothing to do with the switches themselves lol
Yes it does

Poor quality control results in poor quality switches being sent out

Evidently this happens a lot with razer
Just seems ignorant imo to just call it "blind luck", chances of getting a good one is higher than a faulty one.. Like 90/10.

Cherry switches break too. Razer switches aren't that far off tbh.

If you get a bad one, you could always send it back through warranty. I was talking about the performance and the longevity of the switch.

rakuenslove wrote:

Rurree wrote:

, just don't type on it with the intention of breaking it and you got yourself a solid keyboard.
Literally every keyboard in the world man
Uh, no.. Not everyone types with fingers like a jackhammer.

With osu, it's common though.
AshbeII
why would u buy a mech... outside gaming? lol. it's like buying a racing car and using it just to run it at maximum 60 km/h to work and back ... wasted money
Rurree

rakuenslove wrote:

why would u buy a mech... outside gaming? lol. it's like buying a racing car and using it just to run it at maximum 60 km/h to work and back ... wasted money
Wtf are you talking about? Mechanical keyboards existed way before gaming was a thing, Cherry first created their Cherry MX switches back in 1985..

That's why there's the Cherry MX Blues which was made for TYPING enthusiasts.

Please research before asking such a question.
Mahogany

rakuenslove wrote:

Uh...for typing? Why would you even buy a mech for gaming? There's only a very very small subset of games where it's actually beneficial to have a mech outside of comfort.

Rurree wrote:

chances of getting a good one is higher than a faulty one..
Meanwhile chances of getting good Cherry switches is higher still

Rurree wrote:

So you admit that Cherry are already better? Why are you even arguing that if you agree that Cherry switches are better?

Rurree wrote:

If you get a bad one, you could always send it back through warranty.
Or just...not have to deal with that bullshit in the first place?
-SayaKai

FuZ wrote:

deathadder is good
Rurree

Mahogany wrote:

rakuenslove wrote:

Uh...for typing? Why would you even buy a mech for gaming? There's only a very very small subset of games where it's actually beneficial to have a mech outside of comfort.

Rurree wrote:

chances of getting a good one is higher than a faulty one..
Meanwhile chances of getting good Cherry switches is higher still

Rurree wrote:

So you admit that Cherry are already better? Why are you even arguing that if you agree that Cherry switches are better?

Rurree wrote:

If you get a bad one, you could always send it back through warranty.
Or just...not have to deal with that bullshit in the first place?
If the chances of getting good Cherry switches are higher, does that make Razer switches "garbage"?

I never said anything about Razer switches being worse than Cherry, I'm just saying that they are NOT as bad as people make them out to be, like what you say.

Razer's issues happen to some manufacturers incorporating Cherry switches too (like Corsair)..

Come on, if you want to call the products of a company something to avoid or garbage at least have something to back up your statement.
Mahogany

Rurree wrote:

If the chances of getting good Cherry switches are higher, does that make Razer switches "garbage"?
Comparatively, yes. Why choose an inferior product?

Rurree wrote:

Come on, if you want to call the products of a company something to avoid or garbage at least have something to back up your statement.
They are garbage, because Cherry switches are much more reliably better.
Rurree

Mahogany wrote:

Rurree wrote:

Comparatively, yes. Why choose an inferior product?

Rurree wrote:

They are garbage, because Cherry switches are much more reliably better.
Um, do you even get what I'm saying? What I meant was the consistency of the products they send out from factory to multiple retail stores, how only a few keyboards are sent back due to issues such as broken keycaps, lighting, etc., something that wasn't intended.

If they are garbage because Cherry switches are better then that probably means you're just spewing bullshit. Oh well, I'm out, opinions are opinions but calling other products garbage just because you think Cherry switches are the only good ones makes you look elitist, just saying.

My opinion on Razer's switches is that while they might not be exactly the best for typing, they're great for gaming (just what OP needs) because they blend the best aspects of Cherry's Blue (tactile and clicky, unless you get the Blackwidow Stealth which is still tactile but not clicky) and Black (has a high actuation point, but instead you get the tactile feedback of the blues. can allow you to double/triple tap fast)
mulraf
I hear about razer being very bad a lot. Yet plenty of good gamers own razer stuff. well known example: cookiezi. even though he has 2 keyboards and just one is razer. but an, in my opinion, even better example is Gayzmcgee. If you know him (probably from his mazzerin map replays), you will probably know that you just HAVE to have a good keyboard if you stream THAT well and with THAT much endurance as him. anyways. i think people are exegerating with razer. i don't know to much about it personally. only owned a razer mousepad once. it really was rather mediocre but it was already a bit worn down so that's definitely decent i guess. my best guess is that razer is just overprized in terms of paying for the brand a bit. but with such high prices there probably is at least a decent quality.

oh and sorry for not contributing to the thread, but i use an old rubberdome keyboard which works just fine (logitech g15) but i guess i shouldn't recommend that. i only know about mice a bit (currently i'm a fan of the zowie fk1 which is really simple, not very expensive and works perfectly fine) and mousepads (steelseries and zowie are pretty much on the same level just different in size and price and design imho). idk. maybe it's a good idea to check the original cherry keyboards. i mean they are the ones who invented the switches and the keyboards are pretty simple and rather cheap (well. mediocre). but i also heard the cm storm quickfire is used by many very good osu players. but keep in mind the other people who recommended stuff here know more than me. just some things you might research on your own. i also researched about my mouse on my own since there are obviously data and plenty of reviews out there since many people here might be biased or only know very few keyboards themselves. it's always good to look for information through different means :x k thx bye
Mahogany

Rurree wrote:

If they are garbage because Cherry switches are better then that probably means you're just spewing bullshit.
No, it really doesn't mean I'm spewing bullshit

Why would you choose the inferior switches when you can choose the better ones instead?
show more