9.03%
8.36%
20.07%
others
8.36%
Total votes: 299
Topic Starter
Kibbleru
to be honest im not sure if im posting this in the right place here.. but i'm just wondering how the mapping community makes their wave sliders q:

Please see the options before you vote xd!

1. the asian wave

2. the NA/EU/any other english speaking countries wave

3. the skystar

4. the wants to be edgy wave

5. the 'pk wants to be special' wav

6. the lfj

please ignore the names lol, they're just there cuz of my typical stereotypes
Ozato Fumika
2 or 6 depending on however i feel like doing it
-Makishima S-
Nr 1, somehow it's easier for me to imagine it that way.
pkk
excuse me
Nathan
I do 4, but my nodes go further and outside of the slider so it ends up looking more like 3
Mismagius
2 but I make sure that the first and last point are horizontally aligned.
Okoratu
uh idk which category these fit
Probably 2

Probably 4

Probably 3

I want to vote for but there's no category for this

I want to protest against the limitation to 3 answers only
Natsu
I used 5 like two years ago, now I'm using 2 8-)
Akitoshi
I commonly use 1, 2 and 6 and 3 sometimes

Every users in the osu is special
Mao
Myxo
I vary between 4 different types of wave sliders depending on the song / sound I am following.

Option 1:
I use this one if I don't want strong curves (very calm sound / song), also I think it fits best together with slightly curved sliders. Since I don't make maps like this that often I rarely use this type of wave slider.

Option 2:
This was my main type of wave slider (if not the only one) until about one year ago. It's the easiest one to make, I use it when I make maps in a purposely 'generic' style (which doesn't happen that often these days, either).

Mao already linked it:
My favourite type of wave slider. Using more points makes it possible to have a wave with much stronger curves, which fits the best to my current mapping style. It simply looks delicious.

The 4th one I sometimes use is similar to Option 6. However, instead of using a red anchor in the middle of the slider, I use 3 grey anchors in a line with very low space between them (only a few pixels). The reason is that it makes the wave slider more smooth-looking. Overall this type of wave slider is best to use if you want to blanket something with it perfectly (with the other types it's nearly impossible to create a perfect blanket).

About the other options you showed, (3) looks pretty similar to (1) except it's diagonal (also I don't really recall Skystar doing this), (4) I only really know from EvilElvis' maps, I don't think it looks very good though, (5) is pretty similar to (1).
Mao
The three grey anchors in a line technique is cool, yeah. I tend to use it as well.
Krfawy
I guess I use all of the variations shown above with some Krfawy adidtions. Below are my typical examples I guess:

*Andrea's symmetry*
*Crooked S Letter*
*Krfawy's Version of a Tpyical Ayu Wave*
*Fastest Way to Make Waves*

*All Above Waves Gathered Together*'

Also I like making wavy things with some small circles but then I end up creating circle sliders with some wave additions like *THIS* when I'm just trying to make blanket waves. Help. :C
Makeli

Mao wrote:

None of them.
Mismagius
someone should totally make an osu!news article about this
Endaris
I agree, new sliderlibrary would be cool I suppose.
I tend to do 2/6 but I will totally try the others in the future.
Topic Starter
Kibbleru
number 2 for me as well,

been trying out #1 recently tho
Haruto
i've used number 2 since a year ago. Now i started to use number 6 lately cuz it looks much neater xd

the diffrence between 2 and 6 is that number 6 has the red node on it. While number 2, you can freely adjust the grey nodes without having a red node to adjust.
Full Tablet
Sine wave approximation slider (slider 5 is similar, but uses less points, making the approximation less accurate)
Mismagius

Haruto wrote:

i've used number 2 since a year ago. Now i started to use number 6 lately cuz it looks much neater xd

the diffrence between 2 and 6 is that number 6 has the red node on it. While number 2, you can freely adjust the grey nodes without having a red node to adjust.
pros of using 2 instead of 6 is that you have a much easier time adjusting the slider itself to how you want to make it work

however with 6 you can actually blanket stuff properly in the slider wave which is pretty damn useful lately
Lanturn
I'm definitely a 2 person.
Sieg
Crowie
1, 2, or 3, depends on how i can get the wave to be more symmetrical
Ayesha Altugle
I use all of them but for the most common, I use 1, 3, and 4.
Bara-
6, it allows for the best blankets
SnowNiNo_
i commonly used 2 and 6
but i think this is the most beautiful wave >< :
xxdeathx
i laughed out loud at #3 "the skystar" lmao

A lot time ago in a mod Cherry Blossom told me to use #5 (pk) instead of #6 (lfj) to make my wave sliders so I kinda stuck with it
Skystar
no clue how the 3 is me cuz i've barely even drawn a slider like that LO

90% of my wave sliders after 2015 are like 2 and before that they were either 1 or 6
Lasse
idk technically it's pretty much a mix of 5/6 since the three grey nodes act very similar to the red one from 6

^the one I most "commonly" use
or this one:
But it's pretty situational depending on how I want it to curve lol
hyouri

Skystar wrote:

no clue how the 3 is me cuz i've barely even drawn a slider like that LO

90% of my wave sliders after 2015 are like 2 and before that they were either 1 or 6
http://puu.sh/oGvy1/435dcecce5.png
http://puu.sh/oGvqs/8a833b4af2.png
http://puu.sh/oGvtK/0ea7e078ff.png

3 is called "the skystar" because you're the only oen who puts sliderend on lower Y-axis while 2 has sliderend and sliderstart points aligned horizontally
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

Blue Dragon wrote:

2 but I make sure that the first and last point are horizontally aligned.
Shiguri

i cant even do wave sliders that well lmao
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

Shiguri wrote:

i cant even do wave sliders that well lmao
wake me up
show more