forum

Revive Beatmap button when submitting

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +23
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Thought this was a good spot to allow a choice to revive beatmaps without having to go to your profile... Because lazy.

HappyRocket88
oh

OHH

oohhhhh

really nice idea! I've always had to do it manually and it's really tiring. XDD

Please, someone notices it!
arviejhay
yes pls :3
Underforest
Pls pls pls
Just pls
_handholding
or just go to your profile?
Underforest

Kisses wrote:

or just go to your profile?

Lanturn wrote:

...without having to go to your profile... Because lazy.
Pawsu
Pretty useless. I don't see why you can't just go to your profile...
Topic Starter
Lanturn
I don't really see why we don't have this in the first place though. We can submit and update, but we have to go all the way to our profile just to update an old map?
Basically it's just one of those things you wonder "why?"
Pawsu
Now that I'm thinking about it, I bet osu!next will have something similar considering the website revamp.
Endaris
I think the revive thing is good in a way because you have one more step to reconsider your decision.
Especially for the type of mapper that revives maps when he starts working on them again opposed to mappers who revive a set after they worked on it.
Electoz
Kinda similar opinion to above here.

The reason that you can't "delete" your beatmaps because they want you to put a serious effort in every map you did, same goes for reviving, if you really want to revive your map, reviving it from your own profile isn't that hard at all. If there's a revive button there some people might just revive it casually/for fun and then let the map graveyarded again when they're bored.

tldr; I think the reason we don't have that button until now because they wanted you to be serious about reviving a map.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
I see it the opposite way really. If you're going to revive a map, then it takes up a pending slot and for some, they are invaluable as you can't submit when it is full. Isn't that motive enough to be serious when reviving a map? In other words, I don't think 'being serious' really matters in this case since you can look at it both ways.

And the request is to have it on the submission page. If you think about it, you are already submitting it, so why would this 'reconsidering' thing even matter? If I'm going to revive something, I'm going to revive something, these extra clicks/pages aren't going to change my mind.
Endaris
For someone like you who has theoretically about 10 Pending Slots it might not matter at all but if you're limited to 2 or 3 respectively it's kind of a different thing...
Personally I don't necessarily feel like working on a beatmap constantly for an extended period of time therefore I will let some grave on a regular basis so I can revive other ones etc...
Tshemmp
What is so bad about someone reviving his map only "for fun"? It's in kinda the "wrong" category then but so what, do you really care? Having extra steps for reviving your maps just doesn't seem to have a purpose for me. Star.
Princess Jish
Doesn't seem bad or wrong.
Seijiro
After thinking about for a while I guess I'm fine with the way it currently is: sure, it would avoid me a 30 secs process (maybe less), but thinking in a bigger size I find it good to prevent accidental revives and whatnot.
So, umh, I guess I'm neutral on this.
Colin
i need this omg