forum

Trap the mouse cursor when playing the game/beatmap. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Explorer09
(sorry if my English is bad)

In windowed mode,
when a game/beatmap is being played,
the mouse cursor should be restricted to within the window.

This could keep the stuff outside the game window from distracting the user,
until he/she pauses or quits the game.
LuigiHann
It does, except during breaks and intros
Wishy
Or if you alt+tab.
Topic Starter
Explorer09

LuigiHann wrote:

It does, except during breaks and intros
I wish the mouse could be trapped also during breaks.

(Some breaks in some beatmaps are very short, and I don't want to be distracted during those.)

Wishy22 wrote:

Or if you alt+tab.
This reply beings me another idea.
When I alt+tab out of the game, the game should be paused, shouldn't it?
Derekku

Explorer09 wrote:

(Some breaks in some beatmaps are very short, and I don't want to be distracted during those.)
It makes sense that the mouse isn't trapped during breaks. Just make sure the break is long enough to be distracted during or pause or something.

Explorer09 wrote:

When I alt+tab out of the game, the game should be paused, shouldn't it?
I think this has been requested before, but seems kinda silly, especially since you would easily lose your place in the song if switching to another window.
Topic Starter
Explorer09

Derekku wrote:

It makes sense that the mouse isn't trapped during breaks. Just make sure the break is long enough to be distracted during or pause or something.
I disagree with you. If players want to do something during breaks, they could press ESC to pause (and buys some time).
Letting the music playing implies that the player are still playing the game - even during breaks.

EDIT: Also, what do you mean that "the break is long enough to be distracted"?

I think this has been requested before, but seems kinda silly, especially since you would easily lose your place in the song if switching to another window.
Then how about forcing to quit the song?
Keeping the song playing makes no sense at all.
Derekku

Explorer09 wrote:

I disagree with you. If players want to do something during breaks, they could press ESC to pause (and buys some time).
Letting the music playing implies that the player are still playing the game - even during breaks.

EDIT: Also, what do you mean that "the break is long enough to be distracted"?
Like, waiting a few seconds to see if the pass/fail icon comes up. It comes up halfway through the break, so you estimate how long the break is by how long it takes for the icon to come up. Many people (myself included) switch to other windows like irc/msn/internet/etc. during breaks (when they're long enough), so it is useful to be able to do so. A toggle wouldn't make sense because you can easily choose not to leave the screen during breaks.

Explorer09 wrote:

Then how about forcing to quit the song?
Keeping the song playing makes no sense at all.
That would be even worse. The current behavior should be good enough, and is how peppy intended it to be.
Topic Starter
Explorer09

Derekku wrote:

Like, waiting a few seconds to see if the pass/fail icon comes up. It comes up halfway through the break, so you estimate how long the break is by how long it takes for the icon to come up. Many people (myself included) switch to other windows like irc/msn/internet/etc. during breaks (when they're long enough), so it is useful to be able to do so. A toggle wouldn't make sense because you can easily choose not to leave the screen during breaks.
That is because you want to save those few seconds to check something. The current interface allows you to do so, and you then distracts yourself unconsciously.

I too do such a stupid thing.

Just curious, what display resolution are you using? 1280x1024 like me?
Derekku

Explorer09 wrote:

Just curious, what display resolution are you using? 1280x1024 like me?
Yep, that's correct; on a 1920x1080 monitor. It leaves enough extra space to have msn or such to the side where I can click on during breaks ahahahaha (and then almost miss because I take too long).