forum

i-pen, a new way to play osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
31Gabe
Someone gave me this pen-like mouse device for PC that can control desktops and other windows by a touch of a pen. I also use it to play osu. It is called i-pen and it hooks up like a USB device and drivers will be automatically be installed if using Vista. The i-pen also comes with a specialized mousepad for your i-pen needs.
Hiyorin
I don't get it, so is an i-pen a tablet, but without the tablet and just the pen?
Topic Starter
31Gabe
yep. I do not look at the pad and just look at the screen, although the i-pen does not work on the screen itself.
Sup A Noob
Forgive me, topic starter, if I misinterpret your device which rhymes very much with most of Apple's devices.

So, it's like a freelance tablet pen, without the need of any special medium to work on?

EDIT: Wait, I reread the first post. I'm thinking it more to be like a Wacom.
Esupanitix
:~| That "iPen" thing is called a tablet. I got one for christmas, and considering the price, I doubt everyone's going to agree. I think tablets are best for osu!, but considering the average 90 USD/68.40 EUR priceline, it's really a bonus for rich people.
Wishy
You can get a Bamboo Tablet for 50 dollars, it isn't that expensive imo.
Hiyorin

Wishy22 wrote:

You can get a Bamboo Tablet for 50 dollars, it isn't that expensive imo.
Yeah, I was planning on getting a Bamboo Tablet for 60 dollars to play osu! with, but I have absolutely no intention of using the tablet for anything other than osu!. Making it quite expensive in that sense.

Also, I wonder how an i-pen works, if it is a tablet without the bottom flat surface. How does it sense where it is?
Wishy
Playing any other game where you have to suscribe/buy it is more expensive than that. :p