forum

why do ppl say ar7 DT isnt AR9?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adder
They say because the animation is different but isnt AR about 'time' not animation?
Risa
They're either retarded or too embarassed to accept that they're wrong
Rio-
Mahogany
Well technically they're right because it's not AR9 it's AR7 at 1.5x speed :^)

For all intents and purposes, though, those people are wrong. That said, it might be just a placebo, but I've always felt like DT AR was somehow different to equivalent nomod/HR ARs.
Dre-
because DT increases bpm which tightens the map up and increases the amount of notes on screen at once similar to gravity kinda.
Topic Starter
Adder

Write wrote:

because DT increases bpm which tightens the map up and increases the amount of notes on screen at once similar to gravity kinda.
If i take an ar9 map and change it to ar1 then its also not ar1 then :))

Or it might be that they are different because the animation is different so that one AR displays notes earlier than the other, but i see the circles appear instantly tho, there is no blurring whatsoever.
Deva

Mahogany wrote:

That said, it might be just a placebo, but I've always felt like DT AR was somehow different to equivalent nomod/HR ARs.
I feel that too, thats why i dont liek DT. AR10.3 ftw
B1rd
AR7 DT feels really weird to acc even with the same OD as nomod AR9.
Mahogany

Write wrote:

I very specifically said "equivalent" in the hope that I'd AVOID having people say this to me but it seems that was too much to hope for gotta be more specific next time
I Give Up
AR7 + DT = AR9. But depending on map note density can also increase which is why it feels different to regular AR9 when playing it, and that's the noob trap.
-Makishima S-
If i take an ar9 map and change it to ar1 then its also not ar1 then :))
No, it's AR1 since its natural change without difference in BPM and object animation.

AR7 + DT = object animations speed up by 1.5x which technically is equivalent of AR9 but visual it isn't.
By using song bpm and map changer (somewhere in forum made by smoogi) there is clear difference between natural AR9 and AR7+DT - same song, same map, song speed up by 1.5x and map natural AR changed from 7 to 9.
Timing wise, both are the same (600ms hit window).

So at the end, AR7+DT == AR9 or != AR9 depends on point of view and both can be right.
By numbers (hit window timing) - it is AR9
By object animation - it isn't AR9
Jellyfish McGub
AR is AR ???
chainpullz

B1rd wrote:

AR7 DT feels really weird to acc even with the same OD as nomod AR9.
Because while AR+DT is equivalent to nomod AR, OD+DT is not. The window for 100 and 50 is significantly smaller with DT iirc. '

Also, technically speaking, the animations are different. With DT they are simply 1.5x faster. This is only noticeable if you skin your hitcircle overlay with an animation. The animation will cycle frames 1.5x faster than it would for equivalent AR nomod.
Yuudachi-kun
He obviously means od5+dt
Mahogany

Khelly wrote:

We should be able to stack mods

I want to play an easy map with DT stacked 5 times
winber1

Adder wrote:

why do ppl say ar7 DT isnt AR9?
who even says this. i rarely see anyone who says or even cares about this.

probably #osu cancer B-)
The Gambler

Mahogany wrote:

Khelly wrote:

We should be able to stack mods

I want to play an easy map with DT stacked 5 times
So like Double Time I, Double Time II, Hard Rock I, Hard Rock II, etc...
Mahogany
Yes
Minhtam
Really, the correct answer is that ppl are just flat out wrong.

Like that time when a university professor proved that the sum of all natural numbers going to infinity is equal to -1/12, and the internet literally broke down.
chainpullz

Minhtam wrote:

Really, the correct answer is that ppl are just flat out wrong.

Like that time when a university professor proved that the sum of all natural numbers going to infinity is equal to -1/12, and the internet literally broke down.
Uh, because the sum of all natural numbers actually is -1/12... if you define the operation correctly. People somehow take for granted what addition etc. actually are but I guess I can't blame them as they can cite ignorance as an excuse.
Drezi

Adder wrote:

They say because the animation is different but isnt AR about 'time' not animation?

Ezonie wrote:

They're either retarded or too embarassed to accept that they're wrong
Despite both being 600 ms, there's a noticable difference in how the notes appear visually, so it makes perfect sense to make a distinction?