forum

[duplicate] [Continue After Fail] Special Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Miu Matsuoka
Many players had a problem, including me, is that, we cannot save the replay when we failed the beatmap. :(
So, I request a new Mode called [Continue After Fail] so that they could continue after fail and the score will not be ranked. :P
It would be convenient for people who wanted to save their glamorous replay :D
It would be a pity if we can't save the replay when we completed several Horrible parts but failed at the end :o

If this is not possible, I also request a [Save Fail Replay] Function :oops:
It works the same like [Continue after fail]
blissfulyoshi
Assuming I am understanding your request correctly, No Fail + Spin Out is fairly close to Continue After Fail assuming you didn't want continue after fail to be an option when playing the map normally.

As for saving the fail replay, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16900&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=fail+replay
Derekku
Your only choice is to either use no fail or not continue after failing.

But definitely take a look at the thread yoshi linked for saving replays.
Torran

cheukhin1985 wrote:

Many players had a problem, including me, is that, we cannot save the replay when we failed the beatmap. :(
So, I request a new Mode called [Continue After Fail] so that they could continue after fail and the score will not be ranked. :P
I hope none of you have forgotten about the Easy Mod and how it allows 1 retry after failure.
Rolled
I know this has been requested before, but rather than necroposting one of those threads I will just post here.

Not sure if the other threads had more of an explanation as to why the request has been denied, but this one was denied rather hastily. I never would have given this addition much thought if it wasn't one of the new features Rock Band 3 released, and it is a great one and you don't realize how much you would actually use it until it is actually implemented. I recommend that rather than making it a special mode, it should just be an option after each and every time you fail - offering to continue playing the beatmap without giving any score or submissions to online or local leaderboards.

Not only would it be good for watching the replay, but mappers could find it useful as well when they have people test play their new hard map. I know I was never a person to toggle on nofail no matter how hard a beatmap was, so I feel for the mapper who has to watch me replay the first 30 seconds of his retarded maps 15 times before actually passing. Continue after dying would be a good addition to osu, imo.

+Support
Derekku

soradg123 wrote:

I hope none of you have forgotten about the Easy Mod and how it allows 1 retry after failure.
Of course not. But who uses Easy? ;p

@Rolled: That actually makes a lot of sense and is something I'd like to see.

EDIT: Oh well, moved back to FR.
theowest
You play = score goes to total score
You fail = continue to play but it's not ranked, no score to total score
Pressing escape once will just open the normal retry screen or watever like usual. And you can retry as usual if you want.

somewhat like multiplayer.
Otherwise it's just like no fail + spun out. But that doesn't give you score to the total score! D:

And when you've played it when you've failed, you just go to the score screen and can watch your failed replay if you want! \:D/

Isn't this what we all wanted?
This is good for everyone. I don't think anyone will dislike this.
Ekoro

theowest wrote:

You press escape = exit beatmap.
And if you press Escape accidentelly?
theowest

_LRJ_ wrote:

theowest wrote:

You press escape = exit beatmap.
And if you press Escape accidentelly?
You have to press it twice! Like in multiplayer! \:D/

..forgot to write that..

Rephrased myself now. Edited my first post.
Winshley
Necro-bump for support. This is also to accommodate the problem from failed gameplay replay data being save-able from Multiplayer games.

I would prefer seeing this as an Option toggle rather than a mod though. This reminds me that there's similar option from DDR 2ndReMix game for PlayStation (what memories...)