forum

"Reporting cheaters sub-forum" [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Wishy
Well I said something like thiis on another thread but I guess it's better to post this here.

My idea is to make a dedicated sub-forum for reporting cheaters, where one CAN ONLY READ his own topics, of course, moderators and above will be able to read every thread. Actually, the only way to report cheaters is by posting on a pretty much spam/flame thread, which is really, at least for me, a bad idea. With this sub-forum thing I said, moderators not only get some organization about who has been reported, reasons, and if the issue has been solved (like here, denied/accepted ideas are moved and tagged to another section). Plus, cheats won't get access to read any kind of report about them, thing they actually do nowadays, which of course is not good, since whenever you see you get reported, you can just stop cheating for a while just to be safe (after this, if someone gets reported twice because he survived the first report, most people will think "lol yeah he was reported but he wasn't cheating so he doesn't cheat").

Just that, hope this gets some support and something is done, this would really help out mods interested on checking cheaters stuff.

Edit: Marking invalid, because this is not the proper way to deal with cheaters.
Derekku
I'm not sure if a sub-forum would be needed, but I'm also not sure about how cheaters are dealt with to make a very educated response to this. There's probably more going on behind-the-scenes than normal players can see, but I do agree that a 117-page spam-filled thread isn't the best way to report cheaters.
FurukawaPan
Shouldn't it work more along the lines of a private messaging system? The same way one would report an offensive post in forums.

Public threads about possible cheaters leads to a lot of useless discussion.
KRZY
I think mods have continuously stressed that they would rather receive PMs for multi-account and cheat suspects.

But,

1. I don't see this happening right now.
2. I don't see how this can work out in the future.
3. Which means I don't think it is ever a good idea to PM mods saying "this guy cheats!"

/me shrugs
LuigiHann
Something like an automated submission form might be better, I suppose. Similar to reporting a post on the forum
Claudia_old
better idea:

make a sub-forum.
allow people to post in threads reporting hackers.

nobody else except the OP and a few selected staff/peppy can post in the thread [or even see it, your choice]

would solve 99% of the problems in the report thread.
Galkan
Ticket system FTW.
Topic Starter
Wishy
Ticket system is indeed the best method possible, but since creating a sub-forum and setting some things can't take more than one or two minutes...