forum

A new Osu! mode, "Osu Advanced"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +70
show more
Bara-
Sounds fun
Seems hard though
abraker
Let me make sure I understand what this is asking. It's like osu! standard, but you are forced to press a specific key of the 2 and that key has binded hitsounds like in taiko
kurodahatsuharu
2 keys is enough, more than that you can't do well at stream.
Topic Starter
Vencam

abraker wrote:

Let me make sure I understand what this is asking. It's like osu! standard, but you are forced to press a specific key of the 2 and that key has binded hitsounds like in taiko
I didn't think about the hitsound yet, but that would probably be a good idea too. As some maps have different hitsound through the song, having two (or more) hitsound to choose from, one for every key, may allow mappers a bit more tools to play with, as pressing keys would then produce a specific melody like in Taiko, or in some Mania songs.
Answering to your question, yes, you would be forced to press a specific button for each beat, but the buttons might be even four, for a higher challenge. On that regard, the choice might be like choosing between a 4k or a 6k map on Osu!Mania.

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

2 keys is enough, more than that you can't do well at stream.
You probably are right on this point. As i kept thinking more about it after posting this, more then two keys would probably be just pure masochism. However, practice is the only way to know. Streams will probably have a very different role in this mode anyway, but I am sure a Taiko player can know better about this matter (having never mapped, I don't know how a mapper would deal with streams in this situation).
Jukkii
I myself thought of this quite some time ago but didnt make anything out of it since i thought it was no good.

but i'll support this since i would really like to see this in-game.
Niick Akira
interesting, but it would be unranked ? :?:
Topic Starter
Vencam

Niick Akira wrote:

I think it should be, as it would be too different from the existing modes to not have a separate ranking system, but... It's up to users preferences, right?
LastExceed
If you are looking for something REALLY hard without ridiculously fast button spamming, try a custom gamemode like osu!diva. It's basically mania, but with the notes coming from any direction (hell there's even curved paths) and with the hitposition being anywhere on the screen. Multi-key combinations for single notes and jesus christ that gamemode is crazy.
Harakiri_j
Nice idea, where / how did you get that idea?
(That made me think of a 3ds game with Hatsune Miku blablabla...)
Adder
You wouldnt have to think about which finger to tap, there is just one way to do.
This idea is genius to the point it would kill the original mode, since i believe over half the players would move to the new mode.
Its like a osu reset, lets rework this game again and make it better.
Adder

Niick Akira wrote:

This wont be a mod you fool, but a 5th mode/like a diferrent game and wont use osu!std maps but has its own specific maps, and seperate ranking too, scoring/grading could be different too, and i hope there wont be HP drain.
Topic Starter
Vencam

LastExceed wrote:

If you are looking for something REALLY hard without ridiculously fast button spamming, try a custom gamemode like osu!diva. It's basically mania, but with the notes coming from any direction (hell there's even curved paths) and with the hitposition being anywhere on the screen. Multi-key combinations for single notes and jesus christ that gamemode is crazy.
I saw the gameplay and, as interesting as I found that, it is not what I was looking for, as that is basically a osu!Mania with a harder note appearence, just like the ds game that Harakiri_j mentioned:

Harakiri_j wrote:

Nice idea, where / how did you get that idea?
(That made me think of a 3ds game with Hatsune Miku blablabla...)
Answering to you, I kinda grew the idea through time. Though it does resemble Hatsune Miku's game, I only discovered it recently, talking about this mode with friends.

Adder wrote:

Niick Akira wrote:

This wont be a mod you fool, but a 5th mode/like a diferrent game and wont use osu!std maps but has its own specific maps, and seperate ranking too, scoring/grading could be different too, and i hope there wont be HP drain.
You got it! But why would you disable HP drain?
Kibbleru
from a mappers perspective, it would be like a completely new gamemode to map
zxin_old_1
So you have to right click certain hit circles instead of left click them?
I'm pretty down with that, but I think it would be a bit hard to indicate different click types.
Either way, support!
Shohei Ohtani

LastExceed wrote:

did you just fucking come in here to legit advertise another thread bahhahahahha no fucking chill lmao

man Germans are crazy
Topic Starter
Vencam

zxin wrote:

So you have to right click certain hit circles instead of left click them?
I'm pretty down with that, but I think it would be a bit hard to indicate different click types.
Either way, support!
I was thinking about that too. A nice way might be (if the hits were the same as the standard osu!) coloring the outer circle, its number and the approaching circle with the color of the key you should press. This way, tight streams would may still be possible, even overlapping ones, as you could see the notes behind from their approaching circle.
Colin
interesting
SubZ
I think you just created a hybrid of Standard, Mania, and Taiko

I'd play Staniako!
Colin
I don't agree
Topic Starter
Vencam
Just to "put moar meat on the fire": multi-key sliders. Giving an example, when normally you would have a slider, two beats and then another slider, here it could be played as just ONE slider. The first part of it, representing the first slider, would be of different color (and by that different key too) as the last part (representing the second slider). The two beats in the mid, on the other hand, would be the trickier part: they're represented by a "transition zone" between the two colors where you woul have to rythmically hit the two buttons corresponding to the slider's colors, very much like the "sliders" (sorry, I don't know how they're called) in osu!Taiko. The number of hits could either be generated on the map's BPM speed/map's current peace in a color transition zone (if the slider was RED and YELLOW, that would be ORANGE, maybe with fading effect on the edges, etc...), or be a fixed amount chose by the mapper which amount would be displayed in a little circle in the "transition zone" (like the starting or final circle on the slider itself) where the slider ball could rest for the necessary time (again, this area could be colored etc...). The second counting mode would probably need players to master the speed at which they stop and restart from it in order to not lose track of the slider ball, while the first would require a good rythm sense.
Thoughts?
I'm sorry if I may not have been clear. Again, my english is far from perfect.
RickehSenpai
Nice //

Senpai