Give it to me straight.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ellyqt
I play Osu a lot. And I think I've hit some kind of wall. I can't really get past 3/4 beatmaps. In fact, I've got worse. I should note I'm dyslexic. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I really enjoy this game, but sometimes I just... don't see things properly and I just try repeatedly and fail repeatedly. I'm now level 98 and yeah. I don't even have 1000 pp. It's pretty pathetic. I've read guides, I've studied, I'm just not getting any better even though I enjoy the game. Most people by this point are leaps and bounds better at this game. Should I find a new hobby or just accept that I will eternally be pretty shitty at this game?
Sayorie

ellyqt wrote:

or just accept that I will eternally be pretty shitty at this game?
I like your nihilism.

If you don't find the game fun at all, then don't play it.
However, if you find it frustrating, yet enjoyable at the very least, then don't lose hope.
Don't push yourself too much. That is all.
Topic Starter
ellyqt
I don't know if it's nihilism so much as it's me trying to find a reason to continue playing... I feel I've invested a lot of time into this game and I have a pathetic amount to show for it. The fact that I seem to be getting worse at it is what bothers me more. There was a time where I would always find incremental, albeit small improvement in my play that seemed to move me along and now I just get worse to the point where I can't even complete maps that I once found easy and it's confusing me why that's happening.
show more