forum

MowtenDoo - Run Run Bodywash

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 03 April 2018 at 00:53:34

Artist: MowtenDoo
Title: Run Run Bodywash
Source: Shantae + MowtenDoo
Tags: Old Spice Terry Crews ytpmv remix mowtendoo run bodywash
BPM: 145
Filesize: 32612kb
Play Time: 01:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.94 stars, 40 notes)
  2. Hard (2.99 stars, 53 notes)
  3. Insane (3.46 stars, 40 notes)
  4. Normal (1.74 stars, 80 notes)
  5. Old Spice (4.42 stars, 259 notes)
Download: MowtenDoo - Run Run Bodywash
Download: MowtenDoo - Run Run Bodywash (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hope to rank.

Completely remaking all the maps:
Easy: 100% - hitsounds
Normal: 100% - hitsounds
Hard: 15%
Insane: 0%
Old Spice: 100% - how tf does hitsounding work (xfluffyo told me to finish this)
Supev
2slowboy Supev's Light Insane
Needs to have same preview point as Old Spice
00:52:965 wtf is this part?
Old Spice
Offset is at 1655 not 0. This doesn't affect much really.
00:14:068 to 00:17:379 Jumps too similar to each other with no real space change. Maybe rotate them around
00:18:206 and 00:52:965 Silders are too fast here since 100s on high hp map= rip
2.4x2 is a bit too much I think so it could be 1.5 with shorter silders. Or silder tick can be one so you get 100s less often.
01:07:448 Unnecessary long silder that can be spilt into two?
01:08:482 Hitsounds can be quieter there.
This is the first time I spent efforts typing an internet post lol.
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

2slowboy wrote:

2slowboy's Light Insane
Needs to have same preview point as Old Spice
00:52:965 wtf is this part?
Old Spice
Offset is at 1655 not 0. This doesn't affect much really.
00:14:068 to 00:17:379 Jumps too similar to each other with no real space change. Maybe rotate them around
00:18:206 and 00:52:965 Silders are too fast here since 100s on high hp map= rip
2.4x2 is a bit too much I think so it could be 1.5 with shorter silders. Or silder tick can be one so you get 100s less often.
01:07:448 Unnecessary long silder that can be spilt into two?
01:08:482 Hitsounds can be quieter there.
This is the first time I spent efforts typing an internet post lol.
Thanks, I'll see what I can do here. Tommorow.
TehTotalPwnage
I'm saddened that the only ranked version of this beatmap is a Taiko map. Anyways, I'll mod Easy since I have virtually no experience with Insane beatmaps.
Easy
  1. Approach rate feels a little fast for an easy. Decrease it a little bit more?
  2. To start with, there's this minor delay between the actual soundtrack and when the notes are hit. I'd recommend setting the offset to 50.
  3. Consider grabbing the video and setting the video as the background for this. There should be guides on the forums on how to get the file small enough to fit.
  4. 00:03:360 (1) - Use distance spacing. That one circle runs way too far across the map from the previous note, especially considering that this is an Easy difficulty.
  5. 00:06:620 (3) - You are going way too crazy on the kickback sliders. Keep in mind this is an Easy difficulty: most new players will freak out seeing one of those. Try to avoid use of kickback sliders like these on an Easy difficulty.
  6. 00:06:620 (3,4) - At this BPM (145), the half note is way too fast for Easy. Try to avoid usage of half notes on a high BPM for an easy difficulty.
  7. 00:09:931 (4) - Another kickback slider.
  8. 00:18:206 (1) - That BPM is way too fast. The sudden shift in speed will throw just about any new player off. Avoid that timing section, or redo that section using a slower velocity.
  9. 00:18:206 (1,2) - Another example of distance snap not being followed. For Easy difficulties, always leave distance snap on unless you know how to space it reasonably at this difficulty.
  10. 00:23:172 (7) - I am one hundred percent sure that any new player will fail the map at this point.
  11. 00:28:601 (1) - This spinner runs way too long. Consider shortening the spinner and adding additional notes in the spinner's place.
I'd recommend taking a look at some Easy beatmaps to see what the standards for Easy are actually like. If anything though, a few modifications to this beatmap, and this would be an ideal Normal map. Good luck!
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

TehTotalPwnage wrote:

I'm saddened that the only ranked version of this beatmap is a Taiko map. Anyways, I'll mod Easy since I have virtually no experience with Insane beatmaps.
Easy
  1. Approach rate feels a little fast for an easy. Decrease it a little bit more?
  2. To start with, there's this minor delay between the actual soundtrack and when the notes are hit. I'd recommend setting the offset to 50.
  3. Consider grabbing the video and setting the video as the background for this. There should be guides on the forums on how to get the file small enough to fit.
  4. 00:03:360 (1) - Use distance spacing. That one circle runs way too far across the map from the previous note, especially considering that this is an Easy difficulty.
  5. 00:06:620 (3) - You are going way too crazy on the kickback sliders. Keep in mind this is an Easy difficulty: most new players will freak out seeing one of those. Try to avoid use of kickback sliders like these on an Easy difficulty.
  6. 00:06:620 (3,4) - At this BPM (145), the half note is way too fast for Easy. Try to avoid usage of half notes on a high BPM for an easy difficulty.
  7. 00:09:931 (4) - Another kickback slider.
  8. 00:18:206 (1) - That BPM is way too fast. The sudden shift in speed will throw just about any new player off. Avoid that timing section, or redo that section using a slower velocity.
  9. 00:18:206 (1,2) - Another example of distance snap not being followed. For Easy difficulties, always leave distance snap on unless you know how to space it reasonably at this difficulty.
  10. 00:23:172 (7) - I am one hundred percent sure that any new player will fail the map at this point.
  11. 00:28:601 (1) - This spinner runs way too long. Consider shortening the spinner and adding additional notes in the spinner's place.
I'd recommend taking a look at some Easy beatmaps to see what the standards for Easy are actually like. If anything though, a few modifications to this beatmap, and this would be an ideal Normal map. Good luck!
Thank you for modding my 'Easy' difficulty. I decided to change the name to Normal to match its difficulty. It's not finished yet as I still need to add hit sounds and change a couple more notes. Thank you again for helping me with this difficulty.
Supev
peppy add delete post?
IwanWenChoong
Wena loco
Suggestions:

Hard
00:32:482 (1) Expand the slider until 00:33:103 and remove this circle
or
Reduce the slider until 00:32:741 in the yellow stick match with the voice.

Insane
Add two circles or a slider from 00:00:000 until 00:00:362 in the yellow stick (Po-wer) thereupon add a spinner

Add a inherited Point with 1,8X to this sliders
00:19:861 (1,2,3,4)
00:23:172 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1)
00:54:620 (1,2,3,4)
00:57:931 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4)

And Add video

The rest is Ok
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

iHuenchun wrote:

Wena loco
Suggestions:

Hard
00:32:482 (1) Expand the slider until 00:33:103 and remove this circle
or
Reduce the slider until 00:32:741 in the yellow stick match with the voice.

Insane
Add two circles or a slider from 00:00:000 until 00:00:362 in the yellow stick (Po-wer) thereupon add a spinner

Add a inherited Point with 1,8X to this sliders
00:19:861 (1,2,3,4)
00:23:172 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1)
00:54:620 (1,2,3,4)
00:57:931 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4)

And Add video

The rest is Ok
Thanks. I'll get on it when I'm not lazy. Which is soon enough. Have some Kudosu!
Firetruck
OMG NO WAY SOMEOENS MAPPING THIS ILY
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

Firetruck wrote:

Is it really that crazy or something? I mean, there is no ranked version but I'm a noob mapper.

2 kudosu! lol
Lumario
Hard diff:
00:33:310 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - I found this section a bit too monoton maybe add one or two sliders in between there if possible

Old Spice diff:
I think you should nerf the distance between 00:08:896 (1) and 00:09:103 (2) - [to make it a bit more confortable to play ]
00:14:068 (1,2,3,4) - again small distance nerf could be nice
maybe add another circle in between 00:42:827 (3) and 00:43:034 (1) (The tiny gap kinda feels awkward)
00:52:965 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I didn't like all these fast and long slider, (for me) they felt pretty strange to play [both times you did it] (at least I think it was two times :3)
01:02:896 (1) - This circle is pretty easy to overlook [maybe moving it so the slider only covers half of the circle would be better]

Well that's it, I probably won't help you as much with this as you helped me but maybe you can improve your maps a little bit with this :3

(If I have spare time I maybe add more mods :P )
Firetruck

OskaRRRitoS wrote:

Firetruck wrote:

Is it really that crazy or something? I mean, there is no ranked version but I'm a noob mapper.

2 kudosu! lol

why did i get kudosu that wasn't a mod LUL
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

KawaiiLuma wrote:

Hard diff:
00:33:310 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - I found this section a bit too monoton maybe add one or two sliders in between there if possible
I agree, there should be more variety there.

Old Spice diff:
I think you should nerf the distance between 00:08:896 (1) and 00:09:103 (2) - [to make it a bit more confortable to play ]
The distance of the 2 slider note was too far from the stream, I agree. But Not between the sliders.
00:14:068 (1,2,3,4) - again small distance nerf could be nice
I think the spacing here is good, as it is meant to be a fairly difficult map (wat oskar?)
maybe add another circle in between 00:42:827 (3) and 00:43:034 (1) (The tiny gap kinda feels awkward)
There is no sound there, so there is no need for a hit circle there.
00:52:965 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I didn't like all these fast and long slider, (for me) they felt pretty strange to play [both times you did it] (at least I think it was two times :3)
The map is kinda based on the fast sliders. I can change shape, but not speed.
01:02:896 (1) - This circle is pretty easy to overlook [maybe moving it so the slider only covers half of the circle would be better]
Good point. I moved it for better visibility.

Well that's it, I probably won't help you as much with this as you helped me but maybe you can improve your maps a little bit with this :3

(If I have spare time I maybe add more mods :P )
Thanks for modding. You made some nice points there which I would've overlooked. Hope to see you mod later!
-C O N T R A L-
M4M

Old Spice
General : You used much O Slider, maybe reduce them and make some sliderart :3 | You made really much overlapping sliders and thats a bit weird too with the SV.
00:11:586 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,2,3,4,5) - A bit too much spaced in my opinion.
00:27:724 (1,2) - This part is kinda weird
00:32:689 - Remove slider and put here a circle or reduce the sliderlength to this time.
00:38:379 (4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - This curve looks weird and really hard. And the flow is not so good too i think
00:57:931 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - The NC's are weird, maybe reduce them a bit.

Personally i think the SV is a bit too high but if u want to map like this, np. Its just a personally thing^^ You used a lot of Square Jumps too. They look like u had no idea what to do there xd Anyways, i wish u good luck with this map. I think its useless to mark all square jumps, O Sliders or something so i let it like this :3

-Contral

P.S. : The song is love xd
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

-C O N T R A L- wrote:

M4M

Old Spice
General : You used much O Slider, maybe reduce them and make some sliderart :3 | You made really much overlapping sliders and thats a bit weird too with the SV.
I agree, some better looking sliders are needed. But the overlapping sliders will stay. I think it looks quite nice.
00:11:586 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,2,3,4,5) - A bit too much spaced in my opinion.
You're right. I decided to decrease spacing here to make it slightly easier. I won't decrease it further though.
00:27:724 (1,2) - This part is kinda weird
It is weird. I'm going to change it. Hopefully it's better
00:32:689 - Remove slider and put here a circle or reduce the sliderlength to this time.
I agree here.
00:38:379 (4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - This curve looks weird and really hard. And the flow is not so good too i think
I'll keep it there for now. That section is meant to increase to a very high difficulty. If it is mentioned again I'll change it to something simpler.
00:57:931 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - The NC's are weird, maybe reduce them a bit.
I'd rather keep them there. They make a nice rainbow-like effect.
Personally i think the SV is a bit too high but if u want to map like this, np. Its just a personally thing^^ You used a lot of Square Jumps too. They look like u had no idea what to do there xd Anyways, i wish u good luck with this map. I think its useless to mark all square jumps, O Sliders or something so i let it like this :3
To be honest, shaped jumps will always be better than what I can come up with, hence their constant use. The map's main idea is a high SV and a good amount of sliders. Thanks for the mod (and the compliment), I really hope this map will be ranked one day.
-Contral

P.S. : The song is love xd
bob80905
Guys guys guys
What does M4M mean?
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

bob80905 wrote:

Guys guys guys
What does M4M mean?
M4M is an acronym for Mod for Mod, where two mappers mod eachother's maps. This is a quick way of getting your own map modded as Normal Mods (MN) can be hard to find.
Rifdi
From my M4M queue

I can't take this song seriously

Lets Go

OLD SPAIS OLD SPAIS
- 00:01:655 (1,2,3,4,1) - might as well use the same distance for this notes, since they are on the same kind of notes and flow (up and down) so I don't see why you use varying distances

- 00:03:724 (3) - I feel this slider's curve is too extreme for the flow you are using for this part. Maybe make it more slender.

- 00:16:344 (1) - I would say it would be better to change this slider in to a circle positioned on the white tick (the slider's end) since prior to this you added a bit of a pause.

- 00:17:793 (2,2) - In my opinon this overlap is not very pretty so you could fix it a bit.

- 00:18:206 I would have to say the kiai is pretty damn overmapped. That HUGE slider velocity change and the less than adequate distance between notes inside this kiai with that slider velocity bump is a point for a reasonable reject in terms of ranking it. So I would suggest you rethink of your plan for this kiai because it is seriously a conversation starter when it comes to the weakness of the map.

- 00:33:931 (1,2,3,4) - This section could be made more curvy

- 00:38:068 (1,2,3,4,5) - This section is not perfectly straight, consider fixing it.

- 00:38:793 (8,1) - This transition is a bit too sudden considering the spacing, so you might want to make the transition a little bit more smoother.

- 00:44:068 (3,4,5) - This section is not perfectly curved to follow the rest of the stream, consider fixing it. You have options like making it a perfect straight and ends with the following curve or just make it all curved altogether.

- 00:48:413 (1,2,3,1) - Because of the distance you chose for the triples, you want that triples to be much further from the next circle so there won't be an awkward slow down phase here.

- 00:51:103 (1) - consider fixing this like what i mentioned earlier for 00:16:344 (1) -

- 00:52:965 This kiai is just as overmapped with similar problems as the first one in my opinion.

Insane
- 00:02:275 (1,2,3) - Even the spacing of this three notes, because you use even spacings for the next three notes

- 00:12:206 Don't leave this space empty because it has a significant beat and its too strong to be left out.

- 00:24:000 (1,2,3,4) - This four sliders aren't symmetrically placed to one another, consider making a slider, rotating it 45 degrees, copy them and use the Ctrl + H and Ctrl + J to orient them so that they are evenly spread through the four sectoin of the axis

- 00:46:965 again, this part has a strong note, too strong to be left out so map it. It's a waste of the song's rhythmical resource.

- 00:48:413 (1,2,3) - Untidy triples. Even though if it was meant to be like that, in my opinion its not pretty.

- Both kiai in this difficulty is as overmapped as the one in the Old Spice diff, so i strongly suggest a rework.

As I have previously mentioned, the kiai's slider velocity change is way too big for the two diff. I would suggest a change on the slider velocity to a lower number and a rework on the distances. Because if you use a high number of slider velocity you would want a distance that would go well with the slider velocity so it won't introduce inconvenient change of pace, choose a mixture of distance between notes and slider velocity that blends well and plays well for a more natural playing style.

End of mod, I hope I have helped you in some way! :)
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

Rifdi wrote:

From my M4M queue

I can't take this song seriously

Lets Go

OLD SPAIS OLD SPAIS
- 00:01:655 (1,2,3,4,1) - might as well use the same distance for this notes, since they are on the same kind of notes and flow (up and down) so I don't see why you use varying distances
That is true. Corrected.

- 00:03:724 (3) - I feel this slider's curve is too extreme for the flow you are using for this part. Maybe make it more slender.
I finally have something to do with that slider. Thanks for the idea!

- 00:16:344 (1) - I would say it would be better to change this slider in to a circle positioned on the white tick (the slider's end) since prior to this you added a bit of a pause.
I agree, it sounds and flows better like that.

- 00:17:793 (2,2) - In my opinon this overlap is not very pretty so you could fix it a bit.
Now that I look at it, it does look bad. Fixed.

- 00:18:206 I would have to say the kiai is pretty damn overmapped. That HUGE slider velocity change and the less than adequate distance between notes inside this kiai with that slider velocity bump is a point for a reasonable reject in terms of ranking it. So I would suggest you rethink of your plan for this kiai because it is seriously a conversation starter when it comes to the weakness of the map.
I'm not sure what to do with it. I could change it to the same way the alt version looks. I'll decrease the SV and try changing some shapes too make it look better. Can't promise too much, though.

- 00:33:931 (1,2,3,4) - This section could be made more curvy
It does look nicer that way.

- 00:38:068 (1,2,3,4,5) - This section is not perfectly straight, consider fixing it.
I didn't even notice that. Fixed.

- 00:38:793 (8,1) - This transition is a bit too sudden considering the spacing, so you might want to make the transition a little bit more smoother.
Finally decided to fix that.

- 00:44:068 (3,4,5) - This section is not perfectly curved to follow the rest of the stream, consider fixing it. You have options like making it a perfect straight and ends with the following curve or just make it all curved altogether.
Thank peppy for Ctrl+Shift+F! Fixed.

- 00:48:413 (1,2,3,1) - Because of the distance you chose for the triples, you want that triples to be much further from the next circle so there won't be an awkward slow down phase here.
How did I not notice? I decreased the spacing of the triples so it should flow more fluently.

- 00:51:103 (1) - consider fixing this like what i mentioned earlier for 00:16:344 (1) -
Considered and done.

- 00:52:965 This kiai is just as overmapped with similar problems as the first one in my opinion.
Although it may be overmapped, I want to keep this part the center of difficulty. I'll change the slider shapes to be more pleasing to the eye, and as I playtest it myself, I'll try to see where the flow is uncomfortable and should be changed.

Insane
- 00:02:275 (1,2,3) - Even the spacing of this three notes, because you use even spacings for the next three notes
My spacing powers are terrible but I attempted to fix it.

- 00:12:206 Don't leave this space empty because it has a significant beat and its too strong to be left out.
Sounds better now.

- 00:24:000 (1,2,3,4) - This four sliders aren't symmetrically placed to one another, consider making a slider, rotating it 45 degrees, copy them and use the Ctrl + H and Ctrl + J to orient them so that they are evenly spread through the four sectoin of the axis
How could I fail on something so simple, I must take a toll for my actions (in other words, Fixed).

- 00:46:965 again, this part has a strong note, too strong to be left out so map it. It's a waste of the song's rhythmical resource.
Sounds better now 2.

- 00:48:413 (1,2,3) - Untidy triples. Even though if it was meant to be like that, in my opinion its not pretty.
I have no idea if stack leniency 2 fixed the problem, even a little but I think it should stay like that. If I see it mentioned again then I'll change it.

- Both kiai in this difficulty is as overmapped as the one in the Old Spice diff, so i strongly suggest a rework.
This difficulty's kiais definitely need a re-work, I agree. I will still try to use relatively fast sliders however (The focus of the maps), unless that doesn't seem to work.

As I have previously mentioned, the kiai's slider velocity change is way too big for the two diff. I would suggest a change on the slider velocity to a lower number and a rework on the distances. Because if you use a high number of slider velocity you would want a distance that would go well with the slider velocity so it won't introduce inconvenient change of pace, choose a mixture of distance between notes and slider velocity that blends well and plays well for a more natural playing style.
I appreciate your help a lot! The kiais will be (hopefully) re-worked to be better, but don't take my word for it. I'll try to testplay and find what is comfortable and what isn't and change the map appropriately.

End of mod, I hope I have helped you in some way! :)
I hope I'll be able to write a lot for your map ;_; I must return the favour.
Thanks for the mod! I wish it gave you 2 kudosu instead of 1 for that effort. Anyway, The maps should look slightly better and 'll try to use a smaller amount of overmapping techniques. Hope the rest of your day is good!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.