forum

Humble Indie Game Bundle 2!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
heintsi
http://www.humblebundle.com/

It started today!

So, they are doing it again, and unfortunately i missed it last time. They are giving us 5 quality indie games and you pay as much you want. They don't use DRM so you can play them anywhere you want. Really good games this time too.
Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos and Revenge of Titans.
Always wanted to try Machinarium :)
I gifted one to hikato and got one for myself. Only bad thing is that servers are really slow as i presume 5k + users are downloading games from there, but can't really complain cause of the price and cause them being very humble.
Deal lasts for 7 days counting now, so be fast.
Behon
Oh shi

I've been wanting to try Machinarium for a while, Revenge of the Titans looks interesting, and maybe I should try and beat Braid now (I got it on the 360 but was terrible at it). Bought and downloading.

Fake edit: Machinarium even comes with the soundtrack!
adam2046
But I haven't even finished the last one...
0_o
BRAID
RemmyX25
Once I get home, I should be able to throw a few dollars to get this.
Mara
Gift, quick!
Topic Starter
heintsi

LunaticMara wrote:

Gift, quick!
Hah, i would gift you but i only have one cent remaining in my paypal account and it would feel like i'm stealing if i bought one pack for that price.
RemmyX25

heintsi wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

Gift, quick!
Hah, i would gift you but i only have one cent remaining in my paypal account and it would feel like i'm stealing if i bought one pack for that price.
Yea I know the feeling. I've got one dollar in my debit account, and even for me that feels cheap.
Topic Starter
heintsi
Machinarium complete! Gotta say it had really tough puzzles and minigames, never seen ones on point and click game before.. if you want to buy this just cause of machinarium, really do it. Awesome game, art is unique and soundtrack was relaxing and smartly done.
Only thing i found irritating is that it's made in flash, for example if you alt-tab it becomes unresponsive sometimes.
Braid's turn now ~
awp

heintsi wrote:

Gotta say it had really tough puzzles and minigames, never seen ones on point and click game before..
Space Quest had minigames in it. That game is from 1986 (remade in 1991, which is the version I have, don't know if the 86 version had the minigame in it) so it's nothing new.

I still haven't played or even installed any of the games I bought from the last Humble Indie Bundle but Aquarium looked pretty interesting
Topic Starter
heintsi
hm maybe my post was a little confusing, what i meant to say was that i haven't seen such hard difficulty level on puzzles and minigames
in point and click games before.
NoHitter
On other news, you can redeem your games via Steam
RemmyX25
Yup, I've done my good deed and donated to this cause. Now to find some free time to play Braid.
Mashley
Will buy this later, mostly for world of goo and braid... though I'll probably play the rest some time
0_o

Mashley wrote:

Will buy this later, mostly for world of goo and braid... though I'll probably play the rest some time
World of Goo was in the first bundle, not this one.
Mashley
Check the site silly, if you give over the average amount you get the first one too.
0_o
...oh, look at that.

>_>

<_<
Mashley
Well, I gave it $9, which is all I have :P Downloading world of goo
LuigiHann
World of Goo is a wonderful game.

I still haven't played most of the other games from either bundle >_>
Mogsy
I still haven't installed anything from this bundle besides Machinarium, which is awesome.

I'm glad that I got the first bundle now, though, I've always wanted Penumbra.
Topic Starter
heintsi

Mashley wrote:

if you give over the average amount you get the first one too.
Really great news. In the other note, it isnt required to buy with over avg amount to get the first bundle. i bought hikato's and my packs for a bit under current average price back then, which was about 6 dollars for windows users and we both got first bundle packs now too.
Behon
Yeah, I got Bundle 2 really cheap but still got the first one today. Can't wait to try Aquaria.
LuigiHann

heintsi wrote:

Mashley wrote:

if you give over the average amount you get the first one too.
Really great news. In the other note, it isnt required to buy with over avg amount to get the first bundle. i bought hikato's and my packs for a bit under current average price back then, which was about 6 dollars for windows users and we both got first bundle packs now too.
I think they gave the bonus to everybody who had previously purchased the new bundle, but any future purchases have to raise the average to get the bonus
RemmyX25
Have only tried Braid so far. I should try the other games (both bundles) eventually. Then again, I'm only playing the ones on my Steam right now, so who knows what'll happen.

Good stuff.
LuigiHann
Braid is a wonderful game.
Mashley
World of Goo makes me happy :)
Braid makes me sad and confused :(
Penumbra makes me shit bricks :o
Ephemeral
revenge of the titans is really good if you like tower defense stuff

I CAN'T BELIEVE NONE OF YOU HAVE PLAYED CORTEX COMMAND YET
Topic Starter
heintsi

Ephemeral wrote:

revenge of the titans is really good if you like tower defense stuff

I CAN'T BELIEVE NONE OF YOU HAVE PLAYED CORTEX COMMAND YET
Revenge of the titans was really good and better than your average browser tower defense game, seemed to have lot of depth.
And I have tried Cortex command too, but gotta admit i only had one short run on it. It seemed to have lot of depth in it as well but i was too tired and stopped after it showed the weapon/item/smth list. Gotta give it another try, i have whole winter to spend on!