forum

osu!go not worth it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DW10
Hello, alright. I'm here to talk about why the osu!go USB stick isn't worth it. So first of all, it's $50 currently. When the price drops, it's probably going to be about $30 or $40. Honestly, it shouldn't be that much. It's USB 3.0, it is 32 GB, and has read/write up to 180/80, respectively. If you take a look at this USB, you can see that it has read/writes up to 245/100, respectively. It's also 64 GB instead of 32 GB, and is significantly cheaper. The only thing that it doesn't top is the design. Sure, it looks nice, but is it worth the extra ~20?
Shohei Ohtani
oh ok thanks
FrzR
I think it's k. The purpose if it is supporting the osu! developers. Especially peppy's jet fund.
Wuxo

DW10 wrote:

Hello, alright. I'm here to talk about why the osu!go USB stick isn't worth it. So first of all, it's $50 currently. When the price drops, it's probably going to be about $30 or $40. Honestly, it shouldn't be that much. It's USB 3.0, it is 32 GB, and has read/write up to 180/80, respectively. If you take a look at this USB, you can see that it has read/writes up to 245/100, respectively. It's also 64 GB instead of 32 GB, and is significantly cheaper. The only thing that it doesn't top is the design. Sure, it looks nice, but is it worth the extra ~20?
Dude, osu usb is made out of metal, and that one from amazon is from plastic.
Metal is much more expensive than plastic. Also, osu usb is currently not in massive production, so price is a bit higher.
Capuccino

DW10 wrote:

normal peeps won't know that but I kinda agree for the extra storage... peppy will also earn extra jet fund from it
peppy
The USB sticks we are selling are $30 on amazon. They cost us somewhere between $30-35 to produce (due to low quantity order), before adding the cost of sticker, packaging and printing.

They are worth it if you want a weighted premium piece of osu! memorabilia/merchandise which doubles as a very useful device. If you don't care about such things then go buy that ugly sandisk one.

I will say that 100% of feedback from buyers so far has been "highly satisfied".
Cyclohexane
companies give out more USB drives than i'd care to count anyway and if you just need storage just buy a fucking external hard drive.

i had to delete my osu! library due to low storage space multiple times and a dedicated external drive for it sounds like a great idea if i still played the game.
Stefan
Nobody forces you to buy, if you want to support osu by buying this product that's cool. If you don't want because you don't see the worth that's also cool. The price is justified, and peppy probably didn't aimed for the small amount of long-time players but for the more or less casual ones - or at least for these which doesn't have osu! eating more than 32GB which is a lot already.
Cinifa
Ok thanks . :)