forum

How does the scoring system work?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feylos
From what I can gather, 95%+ is an S, and 90%+ is an A... but that's all I can figure. If some one could link me a chart, that would be nice.
Another thing, sometimes a score with worse accuracy is higher up on the score board... and I know this doesn't use a combo system, so idk.
Thanks in advance.
abraker

Theultraman191 wrote:

From what I can gather, 95%+ is an S, and 90%+ is an A... but that's all I can figure. If some one could link me a chart, that would be nice.
Another thing, sometimes a score with worse accuracy is higher up on the score board... and I know this doesn't use a combo system, so idk.
Thanks in advance.
Try browsing the wiki.

SS = 100% Accuracy (only MAX and/or 300).
S = Over 95% Accuracy (You can achieve an 'S' rank even if you make several misses, like in Catch the Beat).
A = Over 90% Accuracy.
B = Over 80% Accuracy.
C = Over 70% Accuracy.
D = Anything else.
Scoreboard counts higher scores, not higher acc. Mania has a max score of 1M and combo makes a very small part of it. Just get more 300g and you will be fine.
Topic Starter
Feylos
Thanks O̶k̶a̶b̶e̶... I mean abraker. I tried searching the wiki, but I didn't know where to look.
abraker

Theultraman191 wrote:

Thanks O̶k̶a̶b̶e̶... I mean abraker. I tried searching the wiki, but I didn't know where to look.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!mania
Topic Starter
Feylos
Thanks... sorry for my idiocy.
PiXL
combo doesn't work as a multiplier, but I am fairly sure it determines score in some way, as I have had times where ~94% scores with really bad MA but with a really good combo end up with a higher score than something with ~96 acc with good MA but half the max combo
Wh1teh

PiXL wrote:

combo doesn't work as a multiplier, but I am fairly sure it determines score in some way, as I have had times where ~94% scores with really bad MA but with a really good combo end up with a higher score than something with ~96 acc with good MA but half the max combo
Maybe you had more misses? Feels like hitting at the wrong time bunch of times isn't punished as much as getting a random miss.
Bobbias
Please read the wiki. Combo is not DIRECTLY used, but there is something similar to combo that is part of the calculation.

Score is calculated in 2 parts, one part based 100% on accuracy, and one part that uses accuracy and a multiplier. This special multiplier starts at maximum, but if you hit anything less than 300, it will be reduced. If you miss, it is reduced to 0. You can think of the multiplier like HP, it starts out max, but if you make a mistake, it drops and you need to build it back up.

Because the value of this bonus is carried between hits, any time you make a hit that is not a 300 or max, you will not be getting the maximum possible points for that note AND notes after it, until you build this bonus back up to maximum.

Without getting into the exact math, the effect is this:

If you miss a few times spread out across the map, that will make your score worse than if you missed the same number of times all in a row. That means that When you missed matters, and can cause 2 scores with identical stats (same number of notes for each judgement) to end up with different final scores.
Merami Fox

abraker wrote:

[quote="Theultraman191"]From what I can gather, 95%+ is an S, and 90%+ is an A... but that's all I can figure. If some one could link me a chart, that would be nice.
Thanks in advance.
Try browsing the wiki.

[quote] SS = 100% Accuracy (only MAX and/or 300).
S = Over 95% Accuracy (You can achieve an 'S' rank even if you make several misses, like in Catch the Beat).

uh no you cant, in standerd anyway
Topic Starter
Feylos
Nice necro
abraker
how do people find this
S3mpx

abraker wrote:

Theultraman191 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Try browsing the wiki.

A = Over 90% Accuracy.
B = Over 80% Accuracy.
C = Over 70% Accuracy.
D = Anything else.

Scoreboard counts higher scores, not higher acc. Mania has a max score of 1M and combo makes a very small part of it. Just get more 300g and you will be fine.
Cant be true since I got 90%+ multiple times and still got rated B
Lights

S3mpx wrote:

abraker wrote:

Theultraman191 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Try browsing the wiki.

A = Over 90% Accuracy.
B = Over 80% Accuracy.
C = Over 70% Accuracy.
D = Anything else.

Cant be true since I got 90%+ multiple times and still got rated B

no you didnt. at best you got an 89.999 that rounded up to a 90, but is still lower than 90%
Topic Starter
Feylos
for real just let this thread die
Tachyon
never feylos
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
where tf do people find these threads to necro
abraker

abraker wrote:

how do people find this