forum

Where did catch the beat origion from?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
W0lfz
Hi would love to know what arcade its from or is it total orginal
Rilene
Well, Catch the Beat does not orginate from any game and the game itself is original.
Topic Starter
W0lfz
ahh thank you very interesting would be cool to see osu in the arcades great to show off
Rilene
but osu shouldnt be on arcade as it had many copyrighted song
if it is on arcade, osu would have DMCA takedown on the first few days :(
roufou
pretty sure ez2catch came before catch the beat.

the games are very similiar from memory, look it up if you want.

edit: tbf calling ez2catch a game might be wrong as it is a mode in ez2dj
Minhtam

Rilene wrote:

But the In The Groove 2 Arcade cabinet allows you to custom import stepcharts regardless of where the music originated from. I'm sure osu! can pull off the same feat if peppy wanted to.
puccithecat

W0lfz wrote:

Hi would love to know what arcade its from or is it total orginal
have you ever heard of 'real life fruit catching'?
Babble

Minhtam wrote:

Rilene wrote:

But the In The Groove 2 Arcade cabinet allows you to custom import stepcharts regardless of where the music originated from. I'm sure osu! can pull off the same feat if peppy wanted to.
ITG2/Stepmania CVS/the like aren't as well known as osu! anymore. Let's be honest here, if a lawyer entered an arcade and saw a ITG/stepmania machine, they would assume it was regular DDR.

Which would never happen, because I highly doubt lawyers enter arcades.
Jiroski_old

puccithecat wrote:

have you ever heard of 'real life fruit catching'?
I remember playing previous Mario Party games that had falling fruit you had to catch in a 2 v 2 match haha

Though, It wasn't rhythmy enough ; u;
He Ang CTB
"Peppy was sitting under an apple tree on a sunny afternoon of 2009, resting under the shade of the tree. All of a sudden an apple fell from the tree and smashed him in the crotch, he curled up in agony, pondering upon the apple "why does the apple fall downwards and not upwards?" Since then he had invested countless hours of mathematics and experimentation through computing, and eventually published "The Fruitopia", where he proposed the Nobel-Prize-winning idea of planting a huge platter right above your head so that when a fruit falls you will just catch them. "The Fruitopia" will live for centuries as humanity's groundwork for the advancement of entertainment, and despite Sir Dean Herbert will eventually pass as all heros will, his ingenuity will go down as one of the greatest achievements in the grand history of mankind."
Extract from "ZHSteven Hawkins - A Brief History of CTB", two time award winning book, New York Times all time best seller.

SPOILER
I aspire to be the best conman when I grow up :x
Drafura
It's not ez2catch or anything said above.

Peppy already said some years ago in one of his dev live streams that the main idea of CtB comes from an hidden mode in a game called rhythm-it (or ruv-it). It's a simple BMS emulator.

Afair the hidden mode was unlocked in the menu by pressing some keys in a specific order and it was called Catch-it. It's a 2 player mode, there's no hyperdashes and the beatmaps are generated from the BMS files.

I couldn't find any video on youtube, but you may have some results on NND. I've only found this tiny screenshoot on from the official ruv-it website:

If anyone can find a video it would be nice.
Jasmine

Drafura wrote:

It's not ez2catch or anything said above.

Peppy already said some years ago in one of his dev live streams that the main idea of CtB comes from an hidden mode in a game called rhythm-it (or ruv-it). It's a simple BMS emulator.

Afair the hidden mode was unlocked in the menu by pressing some keys in a specific order and it was called Catch-it. It's a 2 player mode, there's no hyperdashes and the beatmaps are generated from the BMS files.

I couldn't find any video on youtube, but you may have some results on NND. I've only found this tiny screenshoot on from the official ruv-it website:

If anyone can find a video it would be nice.
Video here
Drafura
Nice