forum

Beatmapping Contest #12 (osu!) (Page Created)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ztrot
Hello everyone it is that time again, a little late to the party for this new year but not forgotten! I would like to introduce the 13th contest in the time we have started doing this on a monthly basis. The contest will go on for about a month and we are looking for judges. Besure before applying that you are willing to put aside time for the judgement phase. Judging should take 1-2 weeks! If you are interested in judging please contact me or just leave your response below.

contest info
https://osu.ppy.sh/news/140452368663

Judge List (finalized)
HappyRocket88
ByBy13
Yuii-
Mao
Cherry Blossom
Charles445
Okoratu
Okoratu
since i asked about the MBC status in a different thread:
I'm interested in judging
meii18
me too I'm interested in judging. Count me in
HappyRocket88
It would be great to participate on this. Count me in!
Topic Starter
ztrot
Alrighty so with that set just give me a bit and I will make a contest page happen!
Yuii-
Not sure if the applications for being part of this is already closed, but can I help by being a judge? Or the three mentioned are already the final candidates?

Count me in if possible, ztrot!
Myxo
Great to see this happening again!
Charles445
I can judge if needed.
Cherry Blossom
Same for me, i can judge if needed.
Or i'll just participate.
Mao
I would judge as well.
riffy
I can participate as a mapper, if needed. Good to see more Beatmapping Contests <3
Topic Starter
ztrot
well we can add one more but i need to make sure that you are willing and able to have your judgement in by the date given there is not a date yet so this is open for discussion while I wait to get the page made, this goes for those that have asked as i put it in as 1st come 1st served but if you feel that you might not be able to dedicate at least 2 weekends of your time to it perhaps let someone that is willing to put in that time a shot.
Wafu
If there's still a place, then I'd want to join the judging. I guess I should have 2 weeks of time.
Topic Starter
ztrot
I have went with 6 judges and I choose them based on BN's and some QAT. The judges picked will be announced as soon as I can get the contest page made I have to wait for that before we can really get this started.
Monstrata
Any news on this?
Topic Starter
ztrot
yup page was finally made so sorry for the wait guys enjoy the contest!
Okoratu
Interesting finalization because you took the 2 backup people who said they would judge if needed into the final roster
Topic Starter
ztrot

Okoratu wrote:

Interesting finalization because you took the 2 backup people who said they would judge if needed into the final roster
well tbh I only wanted 3 judges but I was asked to make the roster more diverse
Yuii-
I will only ask one thing. I do agree with the fact of doing things more "diverse". We both agree on that, right? Although, I don't particularly agree with the fact that only one person out of seven got kicked. You had 7 candidates... but 6 people to choose? Why not 4 people to choose only? Don't you think that would make things more "balanced"?
As a matter of fact, Okoratu was the one who actually proposed and encouraged us to make this beatmapping contest. It wasn't HappyRocket, it wasn't ByBy, it wasn't Charles, it wasn't even me. And on top of that, he still decided to judge, in order to help with the project HE proposed.
So instead, before all this explodes for no reason and before this even starts, can we have 4 people on the roaster instead? So not only 1 guy has to feel "depressed" 'bout this?

Thanks for reading.
Topic Starter
ztrot

Yuii- wrote:

I will only ask one thing. I do agree with the fact of doing things more "diverse". We both agree on that, right? Although, I don't particularly agree with the fact that only one person out of seven got kicked. You had 7 candidates... but 6 people to choose? Why not 4 people to choose only? Don't you think that would make things more "balanced"?
As a matter of fact, Okoratu was the one who actually proposed and encouraged us to make this beatmapping contest. It wasn't HappyRocket, it wasn't ByBy, it wasn't Charles, it wasn't even me. And on top of that, he still decided to judge, in order to help with the project HE proposed.
So instead, before all this explodes for no reason and before this even starts, can we have 4 people on the roaster instead? So not only 1 guy has to feel "depressed" 'bout this?

Thanks for reading.
you are right I'm sorry about that I don't see why one more judge would hurt as long as he is willing to give input I don't mind sorry about that I really just hit F2 with all the names added till i got 6 I guess that wasn't the way to go :P
Yuii-
Thank you so much, ztrot.
Very appreciated it!
HappyRocket88
Yuii- is the best. I was starting to feel sad fro Oko when he was the even the first one who was interested on judging. Glad to see things ended like this! \:D/
Topic Starter
ztrot
for those listed as judges can you see a contest page yet the submission phase is over but I'm not sure if you got added to a judgement panel please let me know asap
Okoratu
Be more precise, what exactly are you asking us to check for?
From the news post i can go to the submission page. from there i can see the difficulty submission and go back to the contest listing, that's all. If this was what you were asking, then no i don't see a judgement panel.
Yuii-
Same for me. I can't see any judgement panel. Not even a link to download all the submissions.
meii18
Same here :(
HappyRocket88
Comforming I don't see any judgement panel while I click the submission entry. ;A;
Topic Starter
ztrot
please confirm if these issues have been resolved everyone should of been added by now.

Edit: I can see that most have started judging good to know lets try to have the results in the next week or so.
Topic Starter
ztrot
Double post because important, remember judges you are not modding beatmaps just give them scores based off what they are in there base form. Modding will come after the winner is decided.
Yuii-
I still don't have access, ztrot. It's been almost a week so far. I won't have time to do all of them probably huh
Topic Starter
ztrot
I have no idea why yuii you were not added to the list even tho I listed the id strange.... Anyways this has to come out the deadline is the 13th UTC 0:00
if the judges that are listed here have not finished the winner will be picked from the judges that there judgements in.
Cherry Blossom 100% Okorin 35.48% Desperate-kun 38.71% Mao 0% ByBy13 35.48% HappyRocket88 45.16% LETS MOVE IT
Yuii-
Yup, don't know what really happened. We even talked about this and nothing happened throughout these past 3 weeks.
Kinda sad, but bad luck I guess, no worries!

Oko finish your job :(
Okoratu
My modem is fried ill get a replacement tomorrow
Myxo
I will try to make it today but I can't guarantee for anything. Maybe I'll just finish the rest of the numbers and leave comments for now, I can give feedback to the respective mappers later when needed. I don't want this to end up being a 1- or 2-judges-contest tho.
Okoratu
I can judge the rest today and tomorrow shouldnt be much of a problem

Edit: Okorin 100%
HappyRocket88 100%
meii18
ByBy13 100%
Topic Starter
ztrot
JUST A NOTE YES WE UNDERSTAND SOME JUDGES DID NOT FINISH WE WENT WITH THE RESULTS AS IS IM SORRY IF ANYONE WAS PISSED BUT GRANTED THE JUDGES HAD 2 MONTHS TO DO THIS AND STILL NOTHING DICKS DICKS DICKS DICKS DICKS WANG DICKS DICKS. IF YOU GUYS WANT THESE THINGS TO BE MORE FAIR MAYBE GET THROUGH EVERYTHING!
Okoratu
what

like desperate didn't even judge everything?
like either take him out or something if he didn't finish?
or take the average score of everyone, that would work at least, but keeping the wip desperate-kun judging is like super dumb
Topic Starter
ztrot
then you do it
Loctav
ITT: People are unreliable and apparently judging a handful of maps requires 3+ months.

Okorin: smartass elsewhere. Stuff isnt as easy as you think it is.
I removed the announcement for now until this is sorted.

Btw, this is why we can't have nice things. Why do people sign up for being judges if they don't fulfill their commitment?
Monstrata
You have to be kidding me lol. You think people are still going to participate in future mapping contests if you let this through? Take it down and either remove Desperate-kun's score, get an average, or get him to finish. He said he could judge all the mapsets but he might not have time to give comments. Any of these would be a better solution than arbitrarily giving some contestants a potential 50 point lead over others.
Okoratu
I was surprised that you released this stuff as is, that is all.

i read "if the judges that are listed here have not finished the winner will be picked from the judges that there judgements in." as "if you dont finish judging by the deadline, then your judgement will not be counted", that was the only logical version for me. I'm not trying to be a smartass.
Loctav
Oh come on, duck the heck off. I know this is not the way it is supposed to be. And ztrot neither wanted it to be like that. He thought incompleted judgements would be auto-omitted by the system when pressing the rather unimpressive "RELEASE" button, this isn't the case. We now need some peppy magic to take down the results again, as ztrot was not aware that the auto-omitting is actually not a thing.

And now, please return to your actual business, like, maybe, caring about more important things.
Bara-
What will happen now? Do we need to wait until all judges are done, Or does something else need to happen?
Yuii-
That's why I told ztrot to extend it to the 15th. As 100% of the times, I did not get a single reply.
karterfreak
Before a shitstorm comes up here.

Results are taken down for the time being until things are fixed. There was a misunderstanding in how incomplete judges would be handled by the website which is what led to this confusion, so everyone try to stay calm while it's all fixed (All incomplete judges will have scores removed from contest scoring).

As a note, Taeyang is still the winner even without desparatekun's scores, second and third may change, but nothing is final until the stuff mentioned above is done.
HappyRocket88
Thanks for clarifying!
Kibbleru
ok so results are not finalized yet. that is reassuring to know.
peppy
sounds like ztrot needs to chill and take a break or something.

at least admit to your mistakes rather than screaming at the community, please.
Bara-
Good to hear the winner is still the winner
It'd be really bad if he wouldn't be the winner anymore
Looking forward to seeing al the results ^_^
show more