forum

[invalid] Abandon Count

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
00blank00
I'm starting to get irritated about players who just join a room, play, and then quit midway.

Can Osu! put a feature regarding the number of abandoned games of a certain player and display it in the "!stats"?
Vitalitas
Well, what if it was an accident, or if there were a problem with their hardware and they didn't want their accuracy to go down? Same thing for newbies- they don't read the title of the room and just join, and then they realize that the song that the host put up isn't a song they are good at. You definitely don't want anything like that to happen to you (like it happened to me when I first started OSU!...)
Topic Starter
00blank00
Yeah Good point.

But isn't it our responsibility to check first our tablet before we even play?
Topic Starter
00blank00
I don't know about the accuracy since me myself don't care about such thing...

About the hardware failure thingy.. That's crap. Hahaha
Topic Starter
00blank00
Its just an abandon count right? No one's gonna get hurt if they have 1 or 2 abandon counts.

I just don't know how to express this in English, but it's a bit disrespectful if you just left without any craps or so. Just an opinion though :3
Pawsu
Please don't triple post. Next time just edit if you have anything to add.
Onto the topic, this happens with every game, and it won't stop here.
I don't think the count should be added, it would be a little hard to add in the first place.
Vitalitas

00blank00 wrote:

I don't know about the accuracy since me myself don't care about such thing...

About the hardware failure thingy.. That's crap. Hahaha
Unfortunately, I don't agree with you, but you're not wrong. Though, it HAS happened to be several times- especially if I want to slip a quick game of OSU! into my tight schedule and that entire time I end up fixing my keyboard or razer naga mouse... especially if you have software on your computer that converts your keyboard into a joystick while you have it plugged in for other games (likewise devil may cry 3 in my case for xbox controller)

00blank00 wrote:

Its just an abandon count right? No one's gonna get hurt if they have 1 or 2 abandon counts.

I just don't know how to express this in English, but it's a bit disrespectful if you just left without any craps or so. Just an opinion though :3
I'd definitely be angry if I had 1-2 abandon counts on my account and I were a player just starting out in multiplayer to get the hang of it. You may need to also think of the consequences of players starting up secondary accounts just so they don't look bad due to their abandon count (which I believe isn't allowed but people do anyway.)

00blank00 wrote:

Yeah Good point.

But isn't it our responsibility to check first our tablet before we even play?
Most of the time, it is, but as said before I often like to sneak a little OSU! into my schedule, and often it doesn't get to that.

I don't think the count should be added, and it would probably be hard to add in the first place, considering you have to deal with players also screaming about how their abandon count is bad and how they want it reset with no revert. Thus leading up to secondary accounts, once again.
Topic Starter
00blank00

Pawsu wrote:

Please don't triple post. Next time just edit if you have anything to add.
Onto the topic, this happens with every game, and it won't stop here.
I don't think the count should be added, it would be a little hard to add in the first place.
Sorry for that. This is my first post.

Oh well. I'll just leave it here.
FrzR
I don't think this is needed as well. The game isn't as competitive for the abandon counter to matter.
Bara-
There is a quick play button which drops you in a random game. If you quit, you'd get an abandon point. That makes 0 sense
Stefan
We're not in league where you get penalty for leaving a match or the queue. This won't work with the current system.