forum

[Status Inquiry] When's the next MBC?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Okoratu
Ok so calling it a "monthly" beatmapping contest at this point would be ridiculous, if no one really holds it monthly there's no point in calling it that way, i guess, but that's not even my concern here.

Is anyone still doing these kind of contests?
What's the status?
Are they officially cancelled altogether?
Is this because the last MBC winner isn't ranked yet? If so, that's due to the creator of them being more or less inactive, and since you separated the mbcs by modes I wouldn't see a problem with starting or announcing a new contest at least, but that might be my opinion only.
The last "monthly" beatmapping contest was in October and then everything went dark and no one I asked about it had a clue.

The only new thing that popped up is the cysmix contest maps which seemed to quickly die down as well due to no one actually winning anything and maybe because the judging deadline is rather vague.

I know people are busy but at this point it's not really clear to me if this whole thing is still going to be a thing in the future so an official update would be nice.

Thanks
Monstrata
People are motivated by results. Since there were no results posted for the September cysmix contest, people became unmotivated to map for October.

HappyRocket88
I'm not the one who should throw an opinion for this but you're rather asking for information about that forgotten contest which didn't yield fruit. If there are still cysmix songs from that context I guess is fine to allow "MBC" in tags or something. Not really sure though.
Topic Starter
Okoratu
I'm asking about the "next" monthly beatmapping contest, the last one of these was the Mania contest in October which resulted in Raika winning Elite Mapper.
The cysmix songs are a different thing. This thread exists to ask if the monthly, mode specific mapping contests resulting in Elite Mapper titles are still a thing and when / if the next one is going to be held.
Monstrata
With regards to the MBC, it just seems like the staff are busy doing other things. I don't think that should simply warrant discontinuing the MBC though. Rather, they should find new people to run it :P. There are a lot of capable people out there.
Topic Starter
Okoratu
since the next contest is announced this thread is obsolete