forum

Mouse Only Tournament Idea

posted
Total Posts

Would you be interested in playing in a mouse only tournament?

Yes and my rank is less than 10k
10.42%
Yes and my rank is between 10k and 30k
19.79%
Yes and my rank is between 30k and 100k
28.12%
Yes and my rank is higher than 100k
21.88%
Shut up Phobos, you're drunk
19.79%
Total votes: 192
Topic Starter
Phobos
Hi!

I recently came into possession of an extra logitech g303, and I was thinking about what to do with it, and it occurred to me that it would be a cool prize for a tournament!

I would like to host a mouse only tournament to have something a little different from normal, but my friend said there wouldn't be enough of us to make it work. So I wanted to gauge interest and see if there would be enough people in a reasonably close rank range. Please fill out the poll if you would like to play and send people this way if you know other people who would!

If this were to happen it probably wouldn't be until the summer, but I figured if it was going to happen at all I better start planning now!
Raniemi
Rip :(
Just switched to tablet and gave away my mouse
Deterioration
Rukkk approves

Forever an all-style player~
MarfGamer
Is a really good idea, I agree!
FeelMyRhythm
I can play with mouse and tablet so, i think its a good idea
Sayori-kun
Nah finally someone made a thread like this... :D
Topic Starter
Phobos
Well it looks like the 30-100k vote ran away with it, which I guess makes sense since contains 70k people, haha. I think that there is enough interest for this to work though. I'll think some more about what skill group I want to do this for, its a tricky balance between allowing more people to join and giving everyone a fighting chance.

I've never run a tournament before, so it will probably be terrible, but hopefully I can get some people with a bit more experience to help me out. As I said before, if this happens it probably won't be until the summer, but keep an eye out for it!

Edit: I'm an idiot, how do I close the poll?
Mahogany
I'm not really sure this is a good idea. You can trick the game into reading keyboard inputs as mouse inputs so you'd have to be very careful lest the tourney be overrun by cheaters.
Topic Starter
Phobos

Mahogany wrote:

I'm not really sure this is a good idea. You can trick the game into reading keyboard inputs as mouse inputs so you'd have to be very careful lest the tourney be overrun by cheaters.
I've been thinking about this as well but didn't really want to call attention to it, I was considering extending it to a mouse/keyboard tournament but then there is no way to prevent someone from using a tablet...
Maybe you would have to submit replays of your top 3 pp scores? If someone wanted to cheat then they would have to implement the cheat then beat their top 3 scores... a lot more work. Problem with that is it would mean all style players couldn't play because they probably don't have mouse only scores as their top 3.
I think I will probably just rely on the honour of the participants. While its possible that someone could cheat, I think the measures that would have to be taken to prevent it would make things less fun for all the legit participants.
Aginagala
Very nice idea :)
Deolink
Only mouse player Deolink ready to play!! lol
-NeKoTail
I like it, looks like fun!
-TobiKC
Really hoping that tournament . Wanted to join it .. And .. Good job .. It's a good idea ..
Aknano
Topic Starter
Phobos

Aknano wrote:

A mouse only tournament sounds extremely fun, but since you probably won't open it for players above 10k I can't play. :(
But I could provide help to the best of my ability, like mappools or streaming or something
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind, I hope to get this started in a month or two. Right now the biggest problem I can see is shipping the prize to whoever wins, I live in Canada and it seems like shipping to anywhere other than North America would cost more than buying a new mouse would :( Anyone have any suggestions?
-TobiKC
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind, I hope to get this started in a month or two. Right now the biggest problem I can see is shipping the prize to whoever wins, I live in Canada and it seems like shipping to anywhere other than North America would cost more than buying a new mouse would :( Anyone have any suggestions?
How about just give a supporter tag as a prize ?
Alpgh367
As a mouse player, I would love to see this happen.
billie eilish
As much as I love the idea of this, I unfortunately have zero faith in no one cheating, since a prize is involved. Unless there's a way to find out if someone has messed with his settings to make the game think he,s using mouse while using his keyboard, I don't think this will work out :/. I'd still join in if it happens though.