forum

[duplicate] Control AR (Approach Rate)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
NoFailHR
Mod for controlling approach rate? That way I can play ar 9.5 as much as I want? Reducing has minor consequence like setting it easy mod.
Increasing has no benefits for obvious reasons: could be abused as a nightmare.

Simply put, I just want to ar 9.5 everything.
Neet_o
You may know this already, but you can easily edit the approach rate of a map, making it unranked, so you CAN AR9.5 everything, but you would get no PP.

A lot of people have talked about variable ARs, because it can be done in Mania. I'm doubtful that we'll get anything like this, though, because ARs in standard seem to be an important part of the map itself. If you can't play a map with a certain approach rate, then you can't play the map as intended.Another issue is that the score increase from HardRock comes partly from the increase in AR, but at the same time, the approach rate of AR10 maps doesn't change even with HardRock.

I like the idea, I just don't think peppy will ever implement it.
Bara-
Topic Starter
NoFailHR

Neet_o wrote:

You may know this already, but you can easily edit the approach rate of a map, making it unranked, so you CAN AR9.5 everything, but you would get no PP.

A lot of people have talked about variable ARs, because it can be done in Mania. I'm doubtful that we'll get anything like this, though, because ARs in standard seem to be an important part of the map itself. If you can't play a map with a certain approach rate, then you can't play the map as intended.Another issue is that the score increase from HardRock comes partly from the increase in AR, but at the same time, the approach rate of AR10 maps doesn't change even with HardRock.

I like the idea, I just don't think peppy will ever implement it.
#LegalizeArControl