forum

Normal pp maps

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Makishima S-
chainpullz
Git gud first, worry about pp later. Play more.
Barusamikosu
HRDT on AR5* Normals

OD4* should be your standard while taking advantage of OD5* when possible.

Try to find your preferred balance of effort to reward. Look at the resulting star rating and map length and make an appropriate decision about what is worth the time or retries. Check maps with Tillerino when in doubt to see if the map is worth anything.

Some Normals that might give you PP:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/722236&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/61014&m=0

*(values before mods are applied)
Deva
Play for fun not pp.
JBHyperion
When you first start playing you'll probably improve very quickly with practice. Any scores you set now probably wont be worth any pp in a couple of weeks or months time, when you start playing harder maps and setting better scores. Attempting to farm pp now will only slow you down later.

HK_ wrote:

Play for fun not pp.
Also this ^
Topic Starter
xSkyerX
I'm playing since 2013. I just wanted to know how to make my stats better.
I'm playing for fun, but I need some motivation.
Bara-
Stop caring about pp until you reach 3k pp
I honestly still don't care about it
Deva
If you need motivation to play then you arent playing for fun.
Topic Starter
xSkyerX

HK_ wrote:

If you need motivation to play then you arent playing for fun.
Urghh I mean when I play alone without my friends.
based god lil b
this game for the most part is single player. who cares if you don't play with friends.

also 70k hits in 2 years? play a lot more
TheRealNick24
-Makishima S-
Fellow friend,

What i can recommend you - download tons of maps, TONS and play, just play, don't care about pp and anything, just enjoy maps and progression.
Like Baraatje said - no point to care about pp until certain point where you will have solid ground to start farming it and focusing on training harder patterns. Solid ground i mean by properly practiced patterns what gives you ability to easily play nomod maps up to 5* minimum.

Just avoid maps what are too hard so you will avoid bad habits, button mashing and screwing your reading ability in exchange for "temporary playing 4-5* maps".

Pls enjoy game.
dung eater
find things you are bad at, get better at them

tillerino should be okay for finding maps that you can maybe get pp from (aim focus, easy to acc)

you might find yourself burning out if you try to get pp but then stop getting it because you are not improving, only trying to get pp c.c

try playing something you struggle with a bit, but you know you can improve at and know what goes wrong/how you should play it
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Play for fun not pp.

Pp is fun.

Your statement is a contradiction
Sayorie

xSkyerX wrote:

Hey.

I'm looking for maps on easy/normal difficulty that will give my many PP points. Also I can play on hard maps without hard rock.
Just DT any TV size map on your level and you're good to go.
Deva

Khelly wrote:

Pp is fun.

You are just special.
Go away.
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Pp is fun.

You are just special.
Go away.
You're the special one.

Go away.
Myles
the key of pp life is to add tillerino and spam the shit out of him until you get muted for spamming :D
Mahogany
Can't you just enjoy the game and progress normally?
Yuudachi-kun

Mahogany wrote:

Yes but not as fast as someone who puts in concentrated effort.
BDWZ
i'm playing normal maps mostly, and hard map sometimes 3* max
*i have my own reason for not playing harder maps because of my inability*

[Taiga] wrote:

Fellow friend,

What i can recommend you - download tons of maps, TONS and play, just play, don't care about pp and anything, just enjoy maps and progression.
Like Baraatje said - no point to care about pp until certain point where you will have solid ground to start farming it and focusing on training harder patterns. Solid ground i mean by properly practiced patterns what gives you ability to easily play nomod maps up to 5* minimum.

Just avoid maps what are too hard so you will avoid bad habits, button mashing and screwing your reading ability in exchange for "temporary playing 4-5* maps".

Pls enjoy game.
you should try what [Taiga] said, that's what i do all the time.
Mahogany

Khelly wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

Yes but not as fast as someone who puts in concentrated effort.
Yes but I think if you're still playing normals it's a bit early to be going PP hunting since you still don't understand basic mechanics at that point
-Ene-_old_1
Just put HR/DT on normal maps....easy pp when you're a new player and you can reach 1,000pp doing this. Super easy patterns just a bit faster, only need to single tap everything...try hidden if you start falling asleep or something. I did this when I started, though not for the PP I just enjoyed it at first. Gets boring quite fast though, didn't take long to find it easy