forum

[invalid] Temporary pp loss solution?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Mr HeliX
After another player started raging because he lost 12 pp because of a bad accuracy hardrock full combo, I thought I'd put this idea here. I thought of it quite a while ago, but never put it here since I knew a solution was on its way anyway even though it's taking a bit long

First of all, I know there's this and this.
The first one is dated two years ago and the tweet almost a year ago. Now I guess the possibility to save multiple scores to prevent pp loss will come with an osu!next update sometime. Since players keep raging about their pp loss because they either don't pay attention to their accuracy or don't have a clue how the pp system even works, I thought perhaps a temporary solution could be implemented. We already got this a while ago:

Sorry for the Dutch, but I think we all know what that says. It was put there to prevent people raging who got full combo on qualified maps only to find out they didn't get pp or their score would be deleted anyway (at least that's what I think). Why not put the same kind of warning after getting a higher score but lower accuracy on a map, with the choice to save it or not. Something like: "Hey! You got a higher score on this map, but your accuracy is absolutely horrible! If this gets saved you'll lose [insert number] pp! Do you really want to save this score?" with a yes or no option.

Basically this would do the same as quickly hitting the retry button before saving the score (which doesn't even always work: I had cases where my score still got saved even though I hit the quick retry button before ending). Just a quick fix until the multiple scores thing is added (if that still will be added).
We also don't have to miss on purpose in multiplayer to prevent a pp loss which happens way to often to me :S
Endaris
There are more important things to do for osu! than saving the e-peen of people who are too lazy to activate their brain.
When we are already at brainusage, did you read the guidelines for feature requests?
Bara-
Go support this
t/220119
Stefan
no. The warning for qualified maps got added for good reason. The point of this request isn't one.