forum

AAC Support [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
CriticalDex
I think if U add an AAC Support to the game will be better for mapping because if i convert an AAC song to MP3 it sounds very bad and i wish u to add some kind of support for AAC audio format

I think the songs database will be lighter and the songs quality will be better and we will have a better game with more formats accepted. :D

ty for ur time!
Ephemeral
What program are you using to re-encode your music?

Naturally, transcoding 128kbps AAC to 128kbps CBR mp3 is going to sound absolutely horrible, which is the default setting for LAME if you are using Audacity.

As far as formats go, I think it is well established that mp3 and ogg will be the only ones supported for now. Most other formats are too niche in their applications to really justify adding support for - especially considering that beatmaps are supposed to have sufficient audio, not the highest quality available (lossless).
Derekku
1) A feature request? Why not try the Feature Requests forum?

2) Using the Search function would've yielded this result.
anonymous_old
Herp derp.

Ninja'd by seventeen seconds.
Topic Starter
CriticalDex
i try it with audacity but it doesn't support AAC well it supports but my 4 minute song get transformed to 30 sec song with a lot of noise but well finally i can make the song in MP3 format and well it's ur decision
ty