posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
OT or /osugame

Discuss.
IppE
though one

I'd still say r/osugame because stuff actually related to the game goes there. Also reddit.
Rilene
Tar in cigarettes is a cancerous substance to lungs.

and maybe /osugame
-Makishima S-
/r/osugame is pure cancerous bullshit, pls remove, delete and ban from creating new one

OT in comparation to /osugame is so cultural and nice to read.
Fhaye
r/osugame
AlyNight
/r/osugame
Lacrimae
/r/osugame because reddit
chaee

echidnacea wrote:

/r/osugame because reddit
Railey2
I genuinely can't decide. Both has its fair share of abhorrent posts, but /r/osugame definitely has more and better quality posts. Although I'd argue that the shit there is worse than the shit here.
Green Platinum

Railey2 wrote:

but /r/osugame definitely has more and better quality posts.
There's something other than sucking top player dick over there?
-Makishima S-
Ahahahahaha, pls. Last time when someone asked on reddit about improvment and i said politely and honestly what he should do, in way what's very positive, understable and true, i got downvoted for shit. Oh wait, guy who told a 400pp newbie to spam bik blak got upvoted like a mad dog.

"Quality content" he?
Don't be ridiculus.
Rilene
you didnt even reply
Mizukashii
everything was cancerous since the fire nation attacked
//runs
Yuudachi-kun

Green Platinum wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

Railey2

Khelly wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Sure. Have you ever been there?

Unlike Off-topic, /r/osugame is a platform where meaningful and constructive discussion takes place, with active involvement of staff members, and with actual positive consequences for the game.

This is what I call quality. It's not "just" intelligent discourse, but it has an actual effect on the game and the staffs policies. This is another example.

It is also a place where information like this is shared every once in a while, among other things.
Yuudachi-kun
Yes, I've been there. They're pieces of shit without a brain in their body. Trying to describe it as a place of "meaningful and constructive discussion" is just you attempting to cherry-pick ok dialogue in a sea of shit.

Frankly, it's abhorrent than an unofficial off-site place such as that should have an impact as to how things operate.
-Makishima S-
Amount of good and constructive content found in massively downvoted posts is high. Sorry, till people will upvote "like todays youth call dank meme (and i still dont know wtf is this shit)" and downvote quality content becouse "too inteligent for them, will ruin stupidity", this place will be heavily toxic.

Unfortunely, mods doesn't care, proposition to add into mod list people who are in staff got denied - it said by itself. This community wants to pup into their home, eat shit and throw away every single quality content.

Defending reddit is like... eh, i cannot even spell this.

Oh and don't forget completly retarded rule of reddit (started by Kynan - not sure about that but since he was mentioned as king of cheater detective or whatever it was called...): Guildy until innocence proven or something like that.
Lmao.

Just as example of completly diffrent place i could mention PoE reddit (in gaming meaning) where i go each day and find tons of interesting informations which just keeps me comming it. Not mention only bullshit and "whatssocalled dank memes" gets massively downvoted as being just shit.

Other: C# programming reddit - not so active but imo one of most quality reddit groups what i enjoy.

In comparation to this 2 /osugame is place where you come when you want to pup and your toilet is busy. Literaly.
Railey2
You two didn't even understand what my initial post said.

Railey2 wrote:

I genuinely can't decide. Both has its fair share of abhorrent posts, but /r/osugame definitely has more and better quality posts. Although I'd argue that the shit there is worse than the shit here.
People disagreed, so I provided counter-examples and defined what constitutes high quality for me: Intelligent discourse + (and this drives is home) actual effects on the game. The whole discussion around anti-cheating policies that took place on /r/osugame for example was of very high quality, because it had an actual value for the whole community.
Since there is nothing comparable on OT, I think I've proved the point that I tried to make sufficiently well.

I never disagreed that there is lots of shit on /r/osugame too. I even said that the shit on there is arguably worse than the shit here. However, lets not ignore the good stuff that happens on there.

Khelly wrote:

Yes, I've been there. They're pieces of shit without a brain in their body. Trying to describe it as a place of "meaningful and constructive discussion" is just you attempting to cherry-pick ok dialogue in a sea of shit.

Frankly, it's abhorrent than an unofficial off-site place such as that should have an impact as to how things operate.
And Khelly... if you have an issue with /r/osugame having an impact on the game, just remember: That places userbase is very varied. plus the people that actually implement the changes (staff) are not likely to listen to your typical 13 year old cookiezi-fanboy. Putting everyone who contributes to /r/osugame in one category is more than stupid.

Also, if you were to actually read the threads I linked, you'd realize that /r/osugame is more than just an unofficial off-site place. (once again: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... ompromise/). If you have doubts about that, see how much peppy himself contributes to the sub: https://www.reddit.com/user/pepppppy

[Taiga] wrote:

Oh and don't forget completly retarded rule of reddit (started by Kynan - not sure about that but since he was mentioned as king of cheater detective or whatever it was called...): Guildy until innocence proven or something like that.
It's "innocent until proven guilty". I have no idea what Kynan said, but I noticed that many people have issues with this principle (invoke it at the wrong places and or just fundamentally misunderstand how it works). Kynan might or might not be one of them, but rest assured that the basic principle is very useful in minimizing the damage done to a mostly innocent playerbase. It is particularly powerful when backed by a relatively reliable hacker-detection system.
Faust
OT has never gone anywhere beyond providing shit to pass time at work.

I've never really bothered with reddit, much less /r/osugame at all but I say it's still a more constructive place than this, even if both seem to churn out crap.
As Railey here put it, the latter has more merits.
-Makishima S-
It's ok then, yet i need to admit one thing and will keep this till reddit mods will start doing their job and clearing subreddit from shit like "x changed avatar" etc which is purely not-related and discussion worthless:

Amount of shit hides quality content.

And how many of quality content what decide about game is there? 1-2 topics per month in tons of pure shit?

Despite moving all cheaters out of main subforum, still i could completly disable up/downvotes function at all.

It's "innocent until proven guilty". I have no idea what Kynan said, but I noticed that many people have issues with this principle (invoke it at the wrong places and or just fundamentally misunderstand how it works). Kynan might or might not be one of them, but rest assured that the basic principle is very useful in minimizing the damage done to a mostly innocent playerbase. It is particularly powerful when backed by a relatively reliable hacker-detection system.
From when you accuse someone for cheating if you don't have proofs? In real life when you lose something you also instantly accuse random guy who passed you for stealing your stuff and demanding police to cage him? I said i am not sure if it was Kynan or someone else who started this bullshit but accepting this is highly unprofessional.
You can be suspicious but you cannot instantly accuse someone of doing this.
show more