forum

Any expert players who have ghosting problems?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
I wonder how many players here who play 6* and up have ghosting problems. I'm asking because it has come to my attention that having the ranking criteria for a max 6 notes at a time limits the creation of some of the more advanced patterns. I can imagine most of the advanced players would not have this issue since they come from other games which have 7 or more notes at a time. Instead of making a thread in the ranking criteria subforum, I figured to ask first before proposing such a thing.
Kempie
No ghosting on my desktop with my mechanical keyboard, but my Macbook Pro 2015 can only handle 7 keys (actually haven't tried 8, but I don't have high hopes).
Bobbias
This issue has been discussed before, and peppy seems pretty adamant that the 6 key limit stays, so I doubt anything will come from this. That said, I do support the removal of that limitation.

Peppy wants osu to be highly accessible to anyone, and allowing 7 or more keys at once could potentially bar some players from reaching the top tiers of skill by preventing them from being able to play high difficulty maps. Personally, I don't believe it's that hard to find a solution either by finding a key combination that works (remember, entozer plays with left shift z x space k l ; or something similar in order to be able to hit all 7 keys) or by finding a keyboard that can support 7 or more keys, but I can understand why peppy feels that way.