forum

A new mod to replace flashlight? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Raging Bull
First off, sorry if someone already made this. I checked the forums a bit and couldn't find it and second, I don't know if it's the right forum. If not, can a mod please move it?

Okay! So we know that peppy said that scores that had a flashlight mod will no longer be ranked. Well, maybe it's time to add a new mod to keep osu! gameplay fresh? :) So anyone have any ideas for a mod? I thought about like a mirror mod where you need to click the beat on the opposite side. For example, a beat appears at the top, you need to click at the bottom instead. A beat appears at the top left, you need to click bottom right. I think it might be hard at first, but once people get used to the beatmap and played using the mirror mod for a while, they might eventually get used to it and be able to click well.

So that's my suggestion, a mirror mod. How bout your suggestions? :D
Jarby
How about...high beam! The area around your cursor is blinded by a powerful light. So it's like the opposite of flashlight.
adam2046
Requested before:
viewtopic.php?p=6390#p6390 (Posts from 3 years ago yeeeeeah)
viewtopic.php?p=60567
viewtopic.php?p=169935

Mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?p=47322
ShaggoN
Hmmmm... i want my flashlight back T_____T f...ing cheaters :evil:
Topic Starter
Raging Bull

adam2046 wrote:

Requested before:
viewtopic.php?p=6390#p6390 (Posts from 3 years ago yeeeeeah)
viewtopic.php?p=60567
viewtopic.php?p=169935

Mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?p=47322

Ahh sorry, didn't wanna necro a topic. Anyways, I'll probably try to think of another one.

ShaggoN wrote:

And yes, I kinda like flashlight, except you really need to know the map, and the light gets even smaller once you reach 100 combat -_- But It was a good mod.
Zekira

Jarby wrote:

How about...high beam! The area around your cursor is blinded by a powerful light. So it's like the opposite of flashlight.
Why isn't this in lime?
Topic Starter
Raging Bull
Hmm..How about a random mod? This basically changes the whole beatmap by changing where the beats are places, but it should remain the same distance as the original. For example, beat 1 is at the left and it's about 5 grid away from beat 2 which is at the top. (I don't know what mappers would call it o_O) With the random mod, beat 2 would be about 5 grid away from beat 1 just about anywhere. (top left bottom right diagonally) Probably would be hard to implement.
Lunah_old
New Mod ! , will be funny
James2250
Expected this in off topic...

Kiai time mod! Kiai time plays for the entire map annoying the heck out of people (yeah idk)
adam2046

Raging Bull wrote:

Hmm..How about a random mod? This basically changes the whole beatmap by changing where the beats are places, but it should remain the same distance as the original. For example, beat 1 is at the left and it's about 5 grid away from beat 2 which is at the top. (I don't know what mappers would call it o_O) With the random mod, beat 2 would be about 5 grid away from beat 1 just about anywhere. (top left bottom right diagonally) Probably would be hard to implement.
viewtopic.php?p=12423
viewtopic.php?p=350109

I don't think you're searching hard enough.
ShaggoN
I've been thinking a little hmmm... new mods would be cool and funny to get some new experience. However making changes in mods (removing or adding) would affect the scoreboard. Lot of people would complain because they couldn't be able to beat score achieved with no more available mod. The chain reaction of it could be some score deletes which would create even bigger mess.
So if thinking about longer period of time...it's not so good idea.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi

ShaggoN wrote:

Seconded.
Lesjuh
Hidden+! All objects are invisible!
Derekku
Denied; please try searching harder.

(thanks adam)
Lunah_old