forum

[duplicate] Automatic NoFail

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
FathomAssembly
A lot of the time, I'm playing both really hard maps and maps that I can pass no problem.
But the thing is that when I need NoFail to play hard maps, I forgot to disable it 50% of the time when I'm playing 'easy' songs again.
The reason I don't see that I have NoFail activated is because I play with the user interface hidden.

So, my idea is that, when you play a song, the game calculates both your normal score, and the score you would have with NoFail activated. If you ever fail, then, NoFail activates automatically. For the players who don't want to submit NoFail scores --> It could be an option that could enabled/disabled in the options.
I ask for that because it's quite frustrating to play a map, do a really good play.. and in the end be like 'fuuuuuck' because there was NoFail enabled and you lose 10% pp and sometimes won't have anything no matter what because your NoFail score is lower than your last high score (but would be higher without NoFail)..

(By the way, what is the purpose of the life bar in your opinion ? I'm not asking for a removal of it since it will never happen anyway, but because it is there, I'd at least like to find one purpose to it !)

I know a lot of people will just say 'Take the habit of re-enabling your interface before each map to see if NoFail is activated or not'.. but that won't prevent me from posting that topic !
Deimos
A: Dupe t/14112

B:

Jesus1412 wrote:

When you start playing a map, you play it with an objective in mind: passing, fcing, top ranking, B ranking etc. The score penalty is compensation for a safety net when you COMPLETELY FUCK UP part of a map. Nofail is rarely used for top ranking aside from special maps and when it is used for ranking the player should know that if they don't get the combo they need at the easier parts of the map then their score will not be successful; giving the player 2 options for success (passing a hard map instantly placing them high in the rankings or gaining a relatively large combo via grinding) should not happen.

If you want to top rank a map that is impossible to pass for you at your level then you probably aren't good enough to top rank it and don't deserve the rank in the first place (excluding special maps such as tag4 difficulties).

I don't see any reason for this, you will NEVER use nofail to get a rank on a map because your score will be too shitty to get you a good rank even if you do pass. If you want a serious score then don't use nofail, there are NO ranked/approved maps as of now that have not been passed so if you can't keep up with the the consistency of other players then you shouldn't be given an option to compensate for your own incompetence.

I would use this mod if the changes were applied but that's only because you'd have to be a moron not to.