forum

[invalid] Screen Effect on Misses (osu!)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aniviuh
Before I say anything, this request is completely optional, you can toggle it on and off in the settings menu. (If this ever gets added.)

Basically, what I want to do is everytime you miss something on osu! (either miss or slider break) I would like a screen effect to happen, not only that, but it's skinnable. I think that this would be a great addition to the game because of more unique skins, well, one more thing that would be unique between skins. AGAIN this is optional I don't want everyone to rave how they can't see anything when they miss a stream and fail because there were too many effects of screen. Here's what I've done with my game:

What I did was I took my miss png and make it a 4k resolution, then I made the whole image have a red background with 15% opacity, so In therory, I should have the screen blink red when I miss something and it works! But a few problems though.

The whole results screen is tinted red, and when I play online with other people, the score board shows misses and half the screen blinks red, (I fixed this by turning it off but some people like to have the scoreboard on at all times.)

Thoughts? Thanks for reading xdddd
Bara-
It can be nice, but I'd never use it
imo it'll only cause more misses then (and on my toaster it'll cause lag, like almost everything >_>)
abraker
Can see for use in cinematic purposes, but that's all
XinCrin
There's the same effect when you fail if you have enabled Shaders at Options. (I'm not really sure if it has been changed, I don't use it)
Bara-
That's when you have low HP, not after 1 miss
Gnoske
This should be possible if you make the image for the miss a ~1980x720pixels 75% transparent red square.
Bara-
Have you read his last part?
It covers the results screen, and also happens in multi (when others miss)
lilynya
LastExceed
That's already skinnable by adding the effect around hit0.png (you have to make it 4x the size of your screen resolution so you wont see the borders when the miss is in the cornerof the screen)
Bara-
Have you even read the request?
Topic Starter
Aniviuh

Baraatje123 wrote:

Have you even read the request?
These ppl. lol
pp
get it idk
Stefan
That's by far more distracting and causing a chain reaction of more misses. Having the miss sound is a better and lesser distracting feedback if you miss and don't notice that. And I really don't believe many will be that opinion it'll have potential use.
Pawsu
Combo fire all over again. :)
Topic Starter
Aniviuh

Stefan wrote:

That's by far more distracting and causing a chain reaction of more misses. Having the miss sound is a better and lesser distracting feedback if you miss and don't notice that. And I really don't believe many will be that opinion it'll have potential use.

I don't want to bump this but I beg to differ, when I do this it's not too distracting, it's not really flashing red, it sort of just tints red, for the distracting part, I see that this could be distracting, (but it's optional) and when I play it i sort of use it as "HEY! GET UR HEAD BACK IN THERE" And I refocus and continue comboing. Comboing? Combo- Fkn.