forum

[confirmed] taiko-slider is not beatmap skinnable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nwolf
Hi!

So I've been wondering why taiko-slider and taiko-slider-fail are not skinnable elements because for some people they are actually disturbing or cover up bgs too much. Would also make it possible to have more skin customization options in taiko which doesn't seem like something bad, especially since this bar doesn't influence gameplay at all. So there is no bad side to have this happen!

for reference,

Hope it's possible to make this happen, or have a good reason why it does not since it seems that at some point it used to be possible (luigihann's taiko skin does not use this taiko-slider)

Also I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, it's basically impossible to use the search function correctly because you get "relevant" results instead of newest

EDIT: Skinnable for specific beatmaps, not for skins in general.
Bara-
Topic Starter
Nwolf
according to wiki it's not skinnable and all my tries failed 0.0

EDIT: Edited first post
Bara-
Yep
I checked this, and it's not possible
It works for regular skins, not for beatmap-specific skins
Topic Starter
Nwolf
is it even intentional, does this actually belong in technical support lol
Bara-
It might be
Now that you mention it. Does the Wiki say it can? Then it's a bug. Doesn't it say it can? Then it should be a request
Topic Starter
Nwolf
it says you can't so that's why I posted here, but it might that it says that you can't due to a bug! : D
Yuzeyun
i'd like to mention that the hp bar isn't skinnable either
Deimos
you should call it Beatmap skinnable

less confusing
Stefan
Moved.

I decicded to move it since it sounds rahter like a bug because you can skin the Pippi-don and the Taiko circles:

Anything else cannot be skinned which seems not right at all, I also marked this as confirmed because we all know it doesn't work. :P