forum

[invalid] Song Request Subforum

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sparx21
As you can probably tell from the title, this is more for the forums than the actual game. If you're like me, and you're too lazy to make a beatmap yourself/suck at making them, but you really want one in, then you'd most likely want to ask someone if they'd be willing to make it. Ultimately, this is more of development requests rather than song requests, and the song requests end up being ignored in this endless void. If we did make a song request subforum, not only would it give us a shot at getting a really great song in osu, but it would also give the creators some ideas as well. Ultimately, it might end up strengthening our community as well. I would recommend organizing requests by genre, so that way you know what to look for if you're searching for an idea. Plus, it could get pretty crowded scrolling through what will most likely be the countless amounts of electronic songs just to find that one rock song. This is how I would make a request:

Song Name
Song Artist
Song Album (If any)
Link
Reason for posting
Recommendations

As for Pros and Cons, I'll just give you a brief rundown.

Pros
-Allows a voice for lazy people/people who suck, like me
-May offer more options & ideas to creators
-May inspire some to make a beatmap
-Can introduce us to songs we may have never heard of before, or remind us of an amazing song we forgot
-Probably wouldn't take much to create, since you really don't have to much to the actual game itself, just the forums

Cons
-There will always be trolls
-May still be a bit difficult to find songs even with the organization system I suggested

Overall, I think the pros outweigh the cons by far, but that's about all I have to say! Thanks for hearing me out! ;)
Endaris
If you're like me, and you're too lazy to make a beatmap yourself/suck at making them, but you really want one in, then you'd most likely want to ask someone if they'd be willing to make it.
-Allows a voice for lazy people/people who suck, like me
That's the problem about making beatmaps dude. You are too lazy to do the ones you want to see, I am too lazy to do the ones you want to see(I rather make the ones I want to see), everyone is lazy.
Lazyness doesn't have to be encouraged.

-Probably wouldn't take much to create, since you really don't have to much to the actual game itself, just the forums
And this is straight bullshit :^)
How would you know if you never tried?
Vuelo Eluko
you realize making a beatmap takes time commitment and passion, right? there's going to be thousands of requesters to every 1 willing to actually take one of them. Now, if we had some sort of system where you could commission maps that might work and get a lot of mappers' attentions.
Bara-
It used to exist, but soo little requests got accepted it got closed

You know why? Mapping takes long. If you make a 6 diff set at a 3 minute song it can take weeks to finish. If you also want ti get it ranked, you can add some additional months/years

The only reason this'll be useful is to prevent people from making new threads, and making the request thread be completely useless. I'm fine with that actually
Seijiro
@Endaris, he was referring to the creation of the subforum, not the beatmaps x)

This isn't bad as a concept, or rather, as a workaround to avoid all those useless threads we find everywhere with "can you make a beatmap for this".
Even tho, it is true what Endaris said about being lazy and enforcing lazyness.

Tbh I'm in a grey area right now, even if it would really piss me off: I did a huge "training" to learn mapping just because I wanted the songs I love to be mapped the way I wanted them to be (or at least I try to) while all those people who will post in there will just be waiting for it to happen.

Actually, on a second thought, please no.
Pawsu
it's in the rules not to request beatmaps, I don't think this will happen
ask someone in private or use the many sources available to learn it.
on another note there was one, but it seems it got closed due to lack of mappers/motivation t/167205/
Stefan
We used to have this but it didn't end well, marked as invalid.