forum

[Archived] Huion H420 Tablet doesn't "work" anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Witcher01
Hello.
I bought this Huion H420 Tablet about 6 months ago. It worked fine.
Today I plug in my tablet and it wont "work". By not working I mean it kind of works: The tapping works as if I would just left click a mouse. Also, the buttons still work. What doesn't work (anywhere on my PC, not only in Osu!) is that when I move my pen, it doesn't move the mouse cursor like it should.
I tried reinstalling the drivers (like it says in the manual, the correct way), I tried newer and older version of the drivers, nothing worked. I also don't have a tray icon to the "program" anymore in my traybar. It's just gone without me doing anything. I can still look up the software on my pc and open it, but when I try to configure my pen the program just crashes. When I do the "pressure sensitivity test" it doesn't show any pressure levels anymore.

After trying a lot of stuff (yes I also tried changing the battery and the tip thing of the pen) I don't really know what to do anymore.
Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance!
Nyari
Try restarting your pc.
Topic Starter
Witcher01
Since it says "restart your pc" in the manual, I did that a ton of times
VeilStar
If you're on cuttingedge and have raw input enabled this might be an issue with the game. Switch to Stable and see if that does the trick?
Topic Starter
Witcher01
Thank you for the suggestions, but the tablet also doesn't work on windows.
I think it might have something to do that my PC doesn't recognize the tablet as a table but more like something else since I don't get the tray icon of the software...
VeilStar
:/

I suggest trying it on a different pc to see where the issue lies at more precisely and go from there then.
soopy944
the same thing is happening to me with the same tablet to.
whenever i try to plug it in on my PC or laptop it says it dose not recognize it.
it first started on my laptop when i first plugged it in so i just thought it wouldn't work on my laptop and just decided not to try anything on there.
but about a week later on my PC it started to do the same thing so I've been trying to find a solution to fix it but i haven't found anything.
i'm kinda starting to decide to get a new one to replace it and just return the other one but i'm not going to do anything yet.
Merami Fox
I also have the same problem. it happened randomly with the first sign being the pen only recognize on side of screen.(turned out it was on other screen, but i set it to my main one though) The next day it would light up but windows 7 does not recognize it, ironically that day when it showed a sign the pp calculator also did not work... This happened 4 mouths after i bought for my sister for her birthday(she never used it) which today is 4 days ago.

this is why mouse has an advantage
Death
Sounds like a driver issue, try reinstalling them. Or it could be a hardware issue, trying using a different cable and USB port. I'm not sure what you'd like us to do for you if that doesn't work? If your tablet is not working anywhere on your computer try contacting Huion.

Please also avoid bumping two year old threads in the future.