forum

Unranked Advanced Mod Settings?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rubeus
Hello everyone, I have a suggestion for you to take a look at. I think this idea will help players get better at osu! at a much faster rate.
The basic idea is adding 'scales' in the mod section where it goes from 5% - 100% where you can change the level of effectiveness of the mod as according to the percentage.
Simply, the lower on the scale the arrow is, the less the mod works, where the higher up, the closer to the original effects of the mod. Examples:
HT: The lower the arrow is on the scale, the slower the bmap is going, the higher up it is, the faster the song goes. 100% is the original song speed.
DT: The lower the arrow is on the scale, the slower the bmap is going, the higher up it is, the faster the song is going. 0% is original speed and 100% is Double Speed.

This idea can be applied to all mods as well, following the same rule.

The reason I think this should be considered is practice. Some maps may be too fast so you want to practice it by DTing it, but the regular DT may be too fast for you to efficiently practice, this is where the scale comes into play. Now you can change the speed to be a little quicker than the regular speed, going by percentage. Maybe going up by 5% is a good idea and you can keep practicing that bmap, slowly going up the scale, perfecting each percentage until you finally reach 100% and now you can DT the song. It's a simple yet very effective way of getting better at anything.

This should be unranked as it would not be fair for this to be added to your score, so maybe this option could be added to the "Special" mods section :)

Thank you for reading and I hope this idea sounds useful! It would be great to see this as a feature in osu!

-Slythys
Endaris
t/103530

Hi, wrong forum, see the ones above!
Topic Starter
rubeus
Ahh, very sorry.
I just saw "Development" and thought it was the correct place. Sorry for your time. I will head to the correct place right away, thank you :)
Seijiro
Don't worry, some moderator will move this to the right place as soon as it is seen, so don't make other threads (just in case)