[deleted]
ZenithPhantasm
if you're not sure just stick with mouse
Endaris

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

if you're not sure just stick with mouse
I second this.
Mouse is a fine way to play the game.

I'm not really familiar with tablets as I'm playing with mouse myself but the Wacom CTL are products mainly designed for the use as a graphic tablet including drawing etc. Therefore its technical specs won't consider the needs of an osu! player. The CTL490 has some upsides above the 480 but these are mainly beneficial for people who actually draw with it. It doesn't suck but based on most players impressions the CTL480 is more suited for osu!.
If you don't plan to buy the CTL as a drawing tablet it doesn't make much sense to get it over a Huion/osu!tablet and I'm pretty sure that you didn't use all possibilites you got to get your hands on them(parents). They're considerable cheaper from my knowledge and serve just as well if it's just about playing osu!.
ZenithPhantasm
Huion is most likely better for osu due to higher report rate but the pen is heavier than Wacom
Topic Starter
-Strawberry-
[deleted]
ZenithPhantasm
At your level mouse drift isn't very significant lol. Play more.
Topic Starter
-Strawberry-
[deleted]
ZenithPhantasm
Your friend is already bad for buying razer gear
Bengon

-Strawberry- wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

At your level mouse drift isn't very significant lol. Play more.

I feel really bad when my friend who played about the same amount beats me by a mile because he have a razer mouse and a razer mousepad :(

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

When my old crappy naga broke I started playing with this random HP mouse I had. Best mouse plays I've ever had on osu!
Vuelo Eluko

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

razer mice are pretty good though...?

its mostly all their other stuff that is hot garbage.
silento
490s are fine. I use one and have been able to compare with a 480. There isn't that noticeable input lag from what I've seen. FixMyPen with the latest drivers is the only thing I recommend to add, but I'd say that for all tablets anyway.
Topic Starter
-Strawberry-
[deleted]
I Give Up

-Strawberry- wrote:

I feel really bad when my friend who played about the same amount beats me by a mile
Why do people worry about this? Even if 100k playcount more than your friend if you beat him it does not matter. play more
KanoSet

KukiMonster wrote:

Why do people worry about this? Even if 100k playcount more than your friend if you beat him it does not matter. play more
this and

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

this
thier mice are good tho
ZenithPhantasm
Their mouse is plain garbage. Anyone can throw S3988 sensor into their mouse nowadays... Its a public sensor now. Razer cant beat any of the other manufacturers in build quality except for Steelseries also their Synapse software has the mind boggling effect of decreasing sensor performance somehow
[ Kakuja ]
Actually bought a CTL490 just four days ago, because my CTL480 is going nuts sometimes.
The input lag is noticeable, cursor smoothing on the CTL490 makes it IMPOSSIBLE for me to play. I played with it for 7 hours straight, I got used to the cursor smoothing but at higher bpm jump maps 5.7-6 star'ish...The only thing I could think of was: ''oh boy, how do you even snap with this insane cursor smoothing''.

I've tried the CTL480 with the same driver version as CTL490, and it felt completely lag free even though it has the cursor smoothing (but much more balanced)
I even tried with different computers, windows versions and ''old'' drivers.
Driver version: 6.3.15-2 on Windows 10 and 7.

I've decided to return this tablet, I hope they'll take it back.. it still looks like it's unused otherwise I'll sell it cheaper. I'll stick with my CTL480 until Wacom decides to make cursor smoothing a toggle option and almost 100% inputlag free drivers.
-----
This is MY experiences with this tablet.
I'd recommend you looking for CTL480, it should still be available somewhere or get a Huion H420 (They should be pretty good for osu from what i've heard.