forum

Osu! on facebook function [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
wailord2700
Is there any way to let you post hi scores on your facebook wall so that my friends might be interested to play osu! if they saw the post?
Weez
screenshot your score, find it and post it on facebook. Simple!
Topic Starter
wailord2700

Weezy wrote:

screenshot your score, find it and post it on facebook. Simple!
hmm but it would be cool if there is an application on facebook where you could share your hi scores from osu with the click of a button
Guy-kun
Study up the facebook connect/ post API and give peppy the code, that'll give you the best chance (probably) ;3
Mara
Facebook *tisk*
Topic Starter
wailord2700

Guy-kun wrote:

Study up the facebook connect/ post API and give peppy the code, that'll give you the best chance (probably) ;3
hmm i am gonna learn coding but i noe nth of it so tat wud probably be out.hmm
Guy-kun
>out

Out? You do know the API is public right?
mm201
osu!ville
eru

MetalMario201 wrote:

osu!ville
Zetta

MetalMario201 wrote:

osu!ville
Which reminds me, I need 10 sliders, 4 hit circles and a spinner to finish building my stables so my horsies can live, can anyone give them to me plz?
Lunah_old

MetalMario201 wrote:

osu!ville
WIN
qlum
die facebook die!!!

(please no)

came back just to post this
RemmyX25
i'd probably use it. if you dont use facebook, then dont worry about it?
Bass

MetalMario201 wrote:

osu!ville
inb4 FREE OSU!VILLE XP POINTS ETC :lol:
Starrodkirby86
A Facebook application would probably be only an outside venture made by any user who would know API. While it'd be interesting to show off some high scores to friends, I wouldn't be really sad if I don't have it. So...Your best bet is someone who knows the API Code.

I can only think of a theoretical idea of a Facebook application for osu! You can simply specify a user profile with a specified URL, which the application attempts to see the last records in Historical Statistics (Every so often minutes? One particular application, RSS Graffiti, does these periodic checkups on assigned blogs, and while not instantaneous, was still able to post enticing previews to any new articles) and then posts that on your wall for others to see.
laport
serious??

f*ck facebook, and if you want to show ur friends ur scores, let them take a look at your osu! profile page.
Cuddlebun
can those who don't use/care about facebook just...refrain from posting in this thread unless it's actual feedback?

I think this could be a neat little addition to facebook; I would like to see this happen :P
Derekku
Basically what Kirby said, although this would end up being like those annoying applications that spam your wall/your friends' walls. :V
Azphyxia
i think it'd be cool :) it doesnt have to auto post to your friends wall you could make the option between auto or to push a share button
Zelos

Derekku wrote:

Basically what Kirby said, although this would end up being like those annoying applications that spam your wall/your friends' walls. :V
im sure this could be configured to choose whenever YOU want to post and not whenever OSU wants to post.
awp

RemmyX25 wrote:

i'd probably use it. if you dont use facebook, then dont worry about it?
yeah but

Remmy's Soul wrote:

drug abuse is fine. if you don't abuse drugs, then don't worry about it?
I'm readin' between the lines, man!

While I'm one of the masses this does not concern, it seems to me like this would undoubtedly cause a lot of fluff content to fill up someone's wall that the majority of users wouldn't want to see and would have to sift through to get to actual content. And I would have a hard time supporting something designed to encourage someone's ire.

You can compare this to something like flash ads on a website. Some people want to see them, but they tend just to get in the way of stuff you're actually interested in viewing.
Derekku
Pretty sure that peppy wouldn't bother with doing this. If someone wants to try making their own osu! app for FB, then they can do so.
peppy
Personally I'd take the viewpoint of "if you want to share your score, post a screenshot yourself on facebook" because people constantly posting personal achievements on facebook just clutter my stream (which I don't read anyway, so nothing lost).
AdRon Zh3Ro
Lazyness is a serious thing ppl...

Ctrl+F12+Copy link=Happy Players.