forum

windows, ARGGGGGGGG!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0bj3c7i0n
Windows, I really hate you, for so many reasons, but this one just, really, REALLY PUSHES THE LIMIT. Basically, when I boot winblows, I get hal.dll corrupted/missing. GOOD THING I HAVE A LARGE HD, RIGHT? YES, but, like everything else in windows, it will fail. AND FAIL HAPPENED.
What I basically did was create a second partition for winblows so I could store the basic stuff (osu, bookmarks, etc.) I put in my flashdrive, getting everthing ready, when the comp gives a bsod. When I restart, hoping I could retrieve anything, I get the hal.dll corrupt message again. I try, one last time, atm, to just get a list, and write, everything important down... BWAAAAAAAA ;.;
btw, im using the wii, and wiimote.
Edit: live-cd (ubuntu) came in handy.
Loginer
Replace hal.dll and stop whining. :/
Topic Starter
0bj3c7i0n
ive already tried that with the dll in windows folder, said same error, altho I did manage to get everthing off. Now im just getting a replacement cd.
Neo@lex
I love windows, no other OS fucks up in quite the same way.
phill_old
atleast it's free, unlike linux
Fraeon

phill wrote:

Loginer

Fraeon wrote:

phill wrote:

wat
It makes sense, actually. You can easily pirate Windows, but you need to get a genuine copy of most Linux dists. :0
awp
Can you get a non-genuine version of Linux
Loginer
No, and that's exactly my point. At least Windows gives in. D:
xerxes_oli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
of course
xerxes_oli

awp wrote:

of course
hey.....
im new to most of this stuff
LuigiHann

xerxes_oli wrote:

is linux better than windows?
Not for you, no.
xerxes_oli

LuigiHann wrote:

xerxes_oli wrote:

is linux better than windows?
Not for you, no.
wats that suppose to mean?!?!?
kidding!
lol
well why not is it like for advance computer people,like peppy? to make programs and such?
awp
peppy codes in Windows.

Linux and the applications developed for it tend to run with greater speed and efficiency (but to hell with The Gimp). Certain things are more convenient than they are in windows (repositories rule) and the CLI Linux uses is way the hell better than Windows' shitty cmd.exe

Linux generally requires you to have a better understanding of computer architecture, software, and in rare cases the kernel than Windows does. So it's harder to learn, you could say.
xerxes_oli

awp wrote:

peppy codes in Windows.

Linux and the applications developed for it tend to run with greater speed and efficiency (but to hell with The Gimp). Certain things are more convenient than they are in windows (repositories rule) and the CLI Linux uses is way the hell better than Windows' shitty cmd.exe

Linux generally requires you to have a better understanding of computer architecture, software, and in rare cases the kernel than Windows does. So it's harder to learn, you could say.
oh tx awp and thx for explaining it nicely some people would be all retard and noob all over my face :D
Loginer

xerxes_oli wrote:

awp wrote:

peppy codes in Windows.

oh tx awp and thx for explaining it nicely some people would be all retard and noob all over my face :D
Actually, Ubuntu is very n00b-friendly, but unless you never use any advanced Windows-only programs, I'd stick with XP/Vista.
xerxes_oli

Loginer wrote:

xerxes_oli wrote:

awp wrote:

peppy codes in Windows.

Actually, Ubuntu is very n00b-friendly, but unless you never use any advanced Windows-only programs, I'd stick with XP/Vista.
what do you mean by advance programs?
Neo@lex
You know, the GOOD ones.
xerxes_oli

neo@lex wrote:

You know, the GOOD ones.
what photoshop?
??????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Loginer

xerxes_oli wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

You know, the GOOD ones.
what photoshop?
??????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
CS3 has some graphical glitches, but it runs.
3ds Max 2009 won't run, though, nor will a lot games. Programs are the only thing keeping me back from Linux. ;_;
Neo@lex
I meant Osu.
And Syobon Action.
Loginer
Syobon Action is short and easy(After you've memorized the traps). <.<
xerxes_oli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Ashley Tisdale & Lucas Grabeel - Bop to the Top (CDFA) [DC's Bop].osu
Vic
Imagine playing Super Mario Bros. Add some Ghosts`n`Goblins for difficulty. Add Silver Surfer for difficulty too. Add a... cat? (maybe its a Cheetahman) and music from Cheetahmen (this music is awesome), add lulz, then mix everything... poof, Syobon Action.
show more