forum

osu! client for Windows 10?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlitAsuno
I don't know if this is a dumb idea or not, and I KNOW that there is already a Windows client of osu! available, but would it be more interesting to have a osu! client made exclusively for Windows 10 only available through the Windows Store, just like the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition? I am thinking of it having a new user interface and everything, just osu!, but a more cooler version. I would hate it though, if it did get released but you have to pay for it. Just a little idea that came to me when I was browsing the Windows Store. Anyways, long live osu!

PS: I think osu! should really have a loop music option in the main menu, so that osu! can also double as a music playing application. (It does loop, but it only plays a part of the song, not the whole track in the song selection menu.)
Nightblade
-
Espionage724

FlitAsuno wrote:

I don't know if this is a dumb idea or not, and I KNOW that there is already a Windows client of osu! available, but would it be more interesting to have a osu! client made exclusively for Windows 10 only available through the Windows Store, just like the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition?
That's definitely a terrible idea. What problem would a Windows 10-exclusive osu! solve? And why would someone take valuable development time to do this, vs something more worthwhile (like, a native osu! client for OS X/Linux :p)?

Not to mention, why would anyone willingly make anything exclusive for an OS like Windows 10? No real way to skirt around it, but that OS (and Windows Store) sucks.
somotodsyo

Espionage724 wrote:

Not to mention, why would anyone willingly make anything exclusive for an OS like Windows 10? No real way to skirt around it, but that OS (and Windows Store) sucks.
I don't think it's necessary to say the OS sucks, but I agree that the Store is probably not the best option for osu!
I'm pretty sure tablets that can only use Store apps like in Windows RT aren't being made anymore, so everyone running Windows 10 should be able to use osu! just fine.
Espionage724

somotodsyo wrote:

I don't think it's necessary to say the OS sucks, but I agree that the Store is probably not the best option for osu!...
It doesn't necessarily solve any real issues with Windows, and brought forth some bad practices with it (automatic forced updates that break stuff, non-opt-out spyware, etc).

I don't know who would be using it willingly at this point, but if anything, I have sympathy for people who don't know how to switch to anything else.
Nightblade
-
tyrim
hi!

check out this trade!
t/403626
with the new windows universal apps, this two thing is the same.
Seijiro
Quick note: the "loop" you were talking about for the song selection screen was implemented like this no long ago and what you're asking is reverting back to old decisions. ppy made it clear that osu! isn't an mp3 player and that may be the reason of this choice