forum

Mouse DPI and Sensitivity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Florrow
My friend which is 50k rank is suggesting me to use 1500 DPI and 1.15 or lower sensitivity.
I now use 1500 DPI and 2.5 sensitivity.
I cant full combo anything basically, i either get nervous and fail, either just cant get the notes.
I keep switching the position of my fingers on the mouse from time to time, and that's one of the main reason i just cant get the notes right, and break the combos down.
Any tips on DPI and sens (should i stick with this one that i currently have, which i find confortable, or go with my friend's suggestions ?) and what about the fingers switching positions, i cant keep the hand on the mouse if i dont switch positions so yeah...

im difficult >.<
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Well, if you're comfortable with that setup, then don't try to change it to something completely different.
If your other problem of not being able to reach notes is common, then maybe increase the dpi a little bit.
As for your grip problem, it's a matter of dealing with it as best as you can. There's no one common solution; other mouse players deal with it their own way.
Vexx
- So, I am a mouse player, and I use 2,000 dpi and 1.14 sensitivity. It's all a matter of preference, most prefer higher sensitivity and moving the mouse less. For me, at this level (I can only do AR7, 3.5 stars max at the moment), I am comfortable with my sensitivity. This is all up to you, nobody can really dictate what sensitivity works for everybody.

- This game is all about relaxing and having fun, so don't get nervous and fail, just keep practicing and you will get plenty of full combos eventually.

- I hope you're not using your mouse buttons to hit notes, you should be using your left hand on the keyboard to do that. Your mouse should be only moving to the notes, not clicking. I find that your fingers move less on the mouse with higher sensitivity. The more you move the mouse, the more your hands sweat or slip, and you want to adjust your fingers. I usually hold my mouse with my palm elevated above the center, and my wrist on my mousepad, so that air is flowing through and I can comfortably hit notes.

- To sum up: Your DPI is fine at 1500-2000, I think Doomsday (formally one of the greatest mouse players) used 1500. Your sensitivity is whatever makes you comfortable, and RELAX. Enjoy awesome songs and keep practicing those beatmaps! Don't restart if you fail, keep going and you will slowly improve and master those beatmaps.

Hope I could help!
Topic Starter
Florrow

[Vexx] wrote:

- So, I am a mouse player, and I use 2,000 dpi and 1.14 sensitivity. It's all a matter of preference, most prefer higher sensitivity and moving the mouse less. For me, at this level (I can only do AR7, 3.5 stars max at the moment), I am comfortable with my sensitivity. This is all up to you, nobody can really dictate what sensitivity works for everybody.

- This game is all about relaxing and having fun, so don't get nervous and fail, just keep practicing and you will get plenty of full combos eventually.

- I hope you're not using your mouse buttons to hit notes, you should be using your left hand on the keyboard to do that. Your mouse should be only moving to the notes, not clicking. I find that your fingers move less on the mouse with higher sensitivity. The more you move the mouse, the more your hands sweat or slip, and you want to adjust your fingers. I usually hold my mouse with my palm elevated above the center, and my wrist on my mousepad, so that air is flowing through and I can comfortably hit notes.

- To sum up: Your DPI is fine at 1500-2000, I think Doomsday (formally one of the greatest mouse players) used 1500. Your sensitivity is whatever makes you comfortable, and RELAX. Enjoy awesome songs and keep practicing those beatmaps! Don't restart if you fail, keep going and you will slowly improve and master those beatmaps.

Hope I could help!
Thanks for the tips, i also thought i shouldn't change anything as my current setup is really working for me.
I can reach notes at insane songs, somewhere between 4 and 4.7 stars, but i cant complete lots of songs so yeah..
I used the keyboard for tapping since i installed the game, since my friend told me about it (otherwise i would still be using clicks xd)
Lastly, i think im gonna follow my current settings
ensaz
I'm using 1000 dpi 1.12 in-game sens and it doesn't really feel too slow for me. Slower sens makes everything a bit more accurate for me. I suck even more with high sens. Turned off raw input ~2 days ago and I feel that my accuracy improved a lot. Jumps aren't that scary anymore :p
fr0ztbyte
Another thing that could help is your game resolution, mess around with that and your sensitivies to find something you are comfortable with. Previously, before switching to tablet, I played with 1500 dpi and 1 in-game sens and my native resolution of 1920x1200. I suggest higher dpi/sens for a large resolution and lower dpi/sens for a smaller resolution. Hope this helps a bit, because here goes my post virginity. I really felt like answering this.
mulraf
1.600 dpi and 0,52 in-game sensitivity over here.
and i'm totally surprised right now oO with 1,5k dpi + sensivity over 1 my cursor would be flying of the screen all the time.
yeah, doomsday uses 1,5k dpi but loads of other good mous players also use lower rates.
amai hachimitsu for example uses 450 dpi and 1,0 sensitivity.
anyways. in the end its really up to what's the most comfortable for you.
Endie-
what DPI you use depends greatly on the size of your screen, the resolution of your screen and the resolution of the game.
Personally, I play with 750DPI 1x at 1920x1080 with a 24inch screen.
Gumpy

General Discussion is for non osu! discussion.
Evil_Dude
I've been messing around with my sensitivity a lot lately. Coincidentally, my dpi through Razer Synapse has always been 1500, that's what I use for Osu too. Like I said, I'm still messing around with in game sensitives a bit, but I was using 1.10 almost all day today. It all comes down to personal preference though. Mess around with different sensitivities until you find one that feels right. I would say this applies to just about any video game too.
weihe123
Just keep messing with it until it feels natural. I play at 800 DPI with 1x IG sensitivity and 4/11 windows and "pointer enhancement" off. You can find the second part in the setting. Just turn of the "pointer enhancement" since it actually messes you up on jumps (and flicks on csgo...). You can find it in the control panel, hardware and sounds, mouse, pointer options. Hoped this helped ^^
dung eater
stuck with 300 dpi and x*600 res for an year prob, not too high or low
StephOsu
my mouse and screen setting
Mouse DPI : 1.2k DPI
Mouse sensitivity : In game sensitivity 1.0x, window sensitivity 6/11 precision mode off
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
osu! Resolution: 1366x768 FullScreen
for your question, as long as window sensitivity is 6/11 with precision/acceleration off and 1.0x in game sensitivity or lower, any dpi is fine
try to get your effective dpi to be as low as possible though so you tensing up or shaking doesn't bother yourself too much
FrzR
I play on 400 dpi, 1.0x 1366x768 screen resolution and I'm comfortable with it using fingertip grip.

What I can suggest is play around low or high dpi settings from time to time and see if any of the settings made you play more comfortable and able to connect jumps correctly.
Endaris
I use 960dpi on 1440x900 windowed 1.0 with a claw-fingertip-grip. I have a high uptime of mousecontact with the thumbside of my hand, using a right-handed mouse. It's technically more of a fingertip grip than a clawgrip.

As an advice: It is good to start on a low sensitivity as it trains the mobility of your hand. When you increase your dpi because you have trouble reaching stuff, the mobility will stuff benefit you in the same way(maybe not so much on small CS) while going from high sensitivity to low sensitivity only gives you control about microscopic movements that are almost entirely insignificant on low sensitivity anyway.
Personally I started playing on a sensitivity that was too low for my playstyle no doubt, but on 3* maps it literally didn't matter that I couldn't perform big jumps well cause there weren't any. When I increased my dpi by about 30%(in steps), I could just reach a wider area without suffering any noticeable drawbacks.