forum

[duplicate] Fail by accuracy [waiting]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
The idea for this MOD is simple and it goes something like this...

You have a knob/dial in the MOD selection screen which you can adjust to the level of your choice, and then if your accuracy falls below the level you have chosen with the MOD, you fail the beatmap. Since everyone has different accuracy skills, having an adjustable setting would mean that each person could set it close to the level that they can cope with. And then over a period of time, the person could adjust the setting to a higher level when they improve their accuracy. :)
Duoprism
Problem with this idea is that it doesn't take into account maps with tricky sections that may cause you to drop below the mark when you would have achieved that accuracy by playing through the map without the mod. Useless mod in my opinion, you may as well play through the map to improve your timing.
Gemi
It could be useful if it actually tracked the maximum accuracy that is possible to get after each note, so if you are aiming for 99% and you take a few 100's it known if you still can get 99% or not, and fail you if it detects that even full 300's wont get you a 99% in the end. This would also remove the need for a mod that fails you after you get anything that isn't a 300, since you could set it for 100%.
awp

Gemi wrote:

It could be useful if it actually tracked the maximum accuracy that is possible to get after each note, so if you are aiming for 99% and you take a few 100's it known if you still can get 99% or not, and fail you if it detects that even full 300's wont get you a 99% in the end. This would also remove the need for a mod that fails you after you get anything that isn't a 300, since you could set it for 100%.
That is a quality revision to the idea imo
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

Gemi wrote:

Well done. :) I overlooked a major flaw in my idea, but it seems that you have solved it. :P

All we need now is for peppy to like the idea and implement it.
peppy
I'm happy to implement this, but would rather do it at a set accuracy %, rather than vaiable. This is mainly to retain the current mod screen layout, and not gimp it with some textbox/dropdown menu. In order to allow for varying levels, I was thinking we could have 2 or 3 fixed levels (90%, 99%, 100%) or something, though.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

peppy wrote:

I'm happy to implement this, but would rather do it at a set accuracy %, rather than vaiable. This is mainly to retain the current mod screen layout, and not gimp it with some textbox/dropdown menu. In order to allow for varying levels, I was thinking we could have 2 or 3 fixed levels (90%, 99%, 100%) or something, though.
How about having a layout similar to the following?

I wanted to put the word 'accuracy' below the percentage box but it would have made the font too small, so I opted for the word 'timing' instead. However, please feel free to change this if you want to use another word. The caption when you point at the box would obviously say something like "fail by accuracy", or something else if you can come up with a better name for the MOD.

The MOD in it's default state would have the word 'Off' or '0 %' in the percentage box, and a person could change the value in two possible ways. First is by double clicking on the icon and then typing in a new value, and then pressing Enter. The second method is to click anywhere on the icon and drag up and down whilst the button is held down.
peppy
yeah you see, coding it is the hard part. the estimated time it would take to code a dynamic mod icon like that outweighs its usefulness in my eyes.
Duoprism
Gemi's suggestion is much better. Although I still question how useful the mod is, since the aim for people on maps is generally to pass, beat their own or other's high score, full combo or attain an S or SS rank. All situations listed here are not necessarily achievable with higher accuracy, except SS rank for which another mod has been suggested for anyway.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
Okay, since peppy feels like the 'fail by accuracy' MOD would be too time consuming to program in it's current form, I have one final revision to this MOD which could make it more useful.

Instead of setting the accuracy value like I originally suggested, we could set a letter grade instead (SS/SSH, S/SH, A, B, C, D). Osu! would then keep track of the highest possible rank that can be achieved from where you are in the beatmap, and the moment the rank falls below what you have chosen with the MOD, then you fail the beatmap. This MOD could save valuable time by stopping the beatmap when a 'S' rank is no longer possible, rather than the person playing the final two minutes of the beatmap only to find out they only got an 'A' rank at the end of it.
Vic
Then why not just make a box somewhere that tells you how good you`re doing? At example, you play a map and you score all 300, lets say 9 of them. You have 100% acc. Then you score a miss and you have 90% acc.
Gemi

Vic wrote:

Then why not just make a box somewhere that tells you how good you`re doing? At example, you play a map and you score all 300, lets say 9 of them. You have 100% acc. Then you score a miss and you have 90% acc.
Because this doesn't tell you if it's still possible to get a certain rank or not. 2x 50 might still let you get S in the song if it has more than 200 notes, but in a song with less notes it will prevent you from getting an S.
Vic
Then lets add it under/above the scoreboard.
xerxes_oli
if we get a fixed one can there also be a 80% one cause the nonperfect osu players will feel left out (me being the president)