forum

fuk streams

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Nabel_old_1

a loli wrote:

just play those stream maps a couple times a day, and dont restrict yourself to those maps

i would also play a large variety of maps, focusing one aspect of the game is inefficient and boring
ye ofc, I still play all maps but the maps I replay to improve scores are mostly stream maps since 95% of my bad acc maps are those streamy lower bpm maps.
Kunino Sagiri
But you FC'd rungran at that playcount. Why are you complaining? Doesn't really matter if your acc is bad, you actually did FC a 5 star stream map at that playcount.

People like you are really strange.
Endaris

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

But you FC'd rungran at that playcount. Why are you complaining? Doesn't really matter if your acc is bad, you actually did FC a 5 star stream map at that playcount.

There's a difference between streaming and properly aiming streams while hitting with some relation to the actual speed. 93.9% is like 2 full streams full of 100/50, nothing to be particularly proud of.
Kunino Sagiri

Endaris wrote:

nothing to be particularly proud of.
haha
KanoSet

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Endaris wrote:

haha
chainpullz

a loli wrote:

just play those stream maps a couple times a day, and dont restrict yourself to those maps

i would also play a large variety of maps, focusing one aspect of the game is inefficient and boring
This.

Just focus on maps that feature a lot of streams as opposed to playing maps that are only streams (with no aim at that). Stream practice maps are only useful for building raw stamina which is pretty useless unless you are bootcamping for maps like freedom dive, blue zenith, etc. which you shouldn't be at your level of play.

This way you'll be able to keep your aim/reading skills up to par on the non-stream sections and it won't be full of monotony.
Topic Starter
Nabel_old_1

Endaris wrote:

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

There's a difference between streaming and properly aiming streams while hitting with some relation to the actual speed. 93.9% is like 2 full streams full of 100/50, nothing to be particularly proud of.
Ye rungran isnt a good example, it only has short streams and i just replayed it till i could do the streams by musclememory
Endaris

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Endaris wrote:

haha
The FC is an aim-related accomplishment.~
Streaming is not about aiming in the vast majority of cases. It's about accuracy. 93,9% isn't an impressive accuracy. That's why I'm saying that the play isn't impressive regarding streams(as this is a thread about tapping streams not about aiming them).
chainpullz

Endaris wrote:

The FC is an aim-related accomplishment.~
Streaming is not about aiming in the vast majority of cases. It's about accuracy. 93,9% isn't an impressive accuracy. That's why I'm saying that the play isn't impressive regarding streams(as this is a thread about tapping streams not about aiming them).
I'm lazy so I'm not going to link every single one of priti's garbage maps followed by every map they've inspired but this isn't true at all. I could start by linking freedom dive first but even that would be too much effort to prove a point.
-Makishima S-

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Endaris wrote:

haha
sana - Kokuhaku Rival Sengen [First Love] (96.61%) - garbage acc
Chihara Minori - Aitakatta Sora [Dream World] (97.36%) - not even fc, also garbage acc
Fujijo Seitokai Shikkou-bu - Best FriendS -TV Size- [Fycho's Insane] +HD (97.87%) - peppy pls delete this garbage from my top ranks, it's a shame to not have 99% acc here

and many more.
It's realy nothing to be proud of if you don't give 110% of yourself to do something.
With one thing i completly agree with Azer and honestly i follow this - If you can hit 300 on a circle, there is no excuse to not hit it one more time. If you can hit 300 on first circle, you can hit it on rest.

If i miss on circle what i 100% acc before, there is a point of that i don't try hard enough and i need to improve, also it's nothing to be proud of.
I can be proud of passing something what is way above my skill level only when my acc and combo is competetive to people who play this map on their skill level to fc it.
KanoSet
i don't like the idea of "shame" cuz you didn't get 99% acc on something you actually can or even supposed to be able to do it but you just can't
it's kinda killing the meaning of having fun
and if you got 300 on a circle at the first time then you can do it for the rest is acceptable if you denied few things like there are hunderds of circles and you are a human not a feelingless-100% accurate machine that makes no mistakes
but ofc if fc'ed something you can do it in a better way later.. but you need to be in rly good mood for that
practice makes perfect human feelingless machine, pls enjoy the game
E m i
every 100 is shame
-Makishima S-
i don't like the idea of "shame" cuz you didn't get 99% acc on something you actually can or even supposed to be able to do it but you just can't
it's kinda killing the meaning of having fun
For me 98% and above is already acceptable. But everything whats below is just garbage, fuckin garbage and i feel shame of having this kind of score.

practice makes perfect human feelingless machine
Same in real life - you want to be considered as professional worker, someone who know his shit, you need to be more than perfect in what you are doing. This is main rule of surviving in this world.
KanoSet

[Taiga] wrote:

Same in real life - you want to be considered as professional worker, someone who know his shit, you need to be more than perfect in what you are doing. This is main rule of surviving in this world.
i like you
LoGo

[Taiga] wrote:

So a week ago I decided to focus on learning streams and fixing all my c and B rank fc's on low bpm stream maps.
I started "streaming" with ~140-160 UR @ OD8 @ 160-180 bpm after couple of months of practice. Read as playing for improvment, not for pp. I am still bad at this but i don't mash randomly buttons now.

I also played these long stream practise maps every day and I am getting really frustrated with my progress so far.
Don't play them? They are for delusional people who think they can improve by this?
Bullshit.
Play moe maps with streams, both - stacked and spaced. Additionaly play maps like Yousei Teikoku - Kyuoki Chinden, Yousei Teikoku - Kokou no Sousei by full alternating, playing like streamlike map. This helped me a lot with aiming spaced streams.

-are these longstream maps usefull?
No, they are shit.

wat?
clearly you can progress in terms of stamina by playing this, but question is how you use them, if you need a warm up to do higher bpm then don't play long streams, your hand will just get tired (even if you don't feel tired, you(at least i ) can't get same burst as with just medium/high bpm warmup.
And playing every day till you literally can't stream wont do good, you need 1 day without long streams (although it's hard to assume, everyone is different, for me 2-3 days of few tries on long streams and then next day not touching long streams was quite efficient)

i love how people who barely have played game and just sit on the forum talk about things they don't understand :- )
-Makishima S-
@LoGo - sorry but stream practice maps will not give you practice in aiming streams. Someone who mainly train them will not be prepared for streams in for example - Gimme Gimme Gimme or Cirno Math Class. As you know they are mainly in rectangular shape, perfectly stacked so they require minimum of aim.

I agree that they are good for stamina but for pure practice normal maps works better.

Sorry for copy&paste top players ask answers into forum, i apperently gather too much theory -.-, someone need since all you 3 digits are too busy to farm pp and don't even care about shitstorm called every single day "i can't stream" topic.
Endie-
Never give up, never back down.
LoGo

[Taiga] wrote:

@LoGo - sorry but stream practice maps will not give you practice in aiming streams. Someone who mainly train them will not be prepared for streams in for example - Gimme Gimme Gimme or Cirno Math Class. As you know they are mainly in rectangular shape, perfectly stacked so they require minimum of aim.

I agree that they are good for stamina but for pure practice normal maps works better.

Sorry for copy&paste top players ask answers into forum, i apperently gather too much theory -.-, someone need since all you 3 digits are too busy to farm pp and don't even care about shitstorm called every single day "i can't stream" topic.
The thing is, to aim streams you need to hold that specific bpm really consistently and if your stamina ends at first stream about what stream aim can we even talk ?
- as long as you look on the stream(and your cursor doesn't fly off the screen) you should be able to do that stream quite well
- with time it's possible to develop literal feeling of every single press when you stream which gives quite good control in streams, sadly i always end up losing motivation to play when i get close to that point
And of course actually playing map you can't do probably will be way more efficient than grinding long stream you can barely do, but personally when i start a map with confidence that i can press 200 bpm without a struggle, i end up doing way better than when i start a map and barely can hold 180 bpm cause of cold hands, those maps should be used for pure stamina improvement/warm up
-Makishima S-
I cannot disagree on anything. You have good point my friend. Honestly i didn't took much care about stamina becouse i am not on level where i realy need it that much, so far longest stream type map for me is Chain Destruction what i can properly play.

- with time it's possible to develop literal feeling of every single press when you stream which gives quite good control in streams, sadly i always end up losing motivation to play when i get close to that point
I think it's more about devloping more coordination betwin tapping and that what we hear. So far as i jump on random twitch streams of low ranked players and by myself mainly i can say that main problem of streaming is just lack of practice - playing high variety of maps what contain streams, don't give fucks and move on, just don't throw this away. About practice, i mean just spending time on game and gaining this rhythm coordination.

I do way better streams where i can cleary hear them than streams what are placed as "fillers" - or i just don't recognize beats on them but as i always say - play moe solve this.

I tryed stream practice maps couple of times and honestly, i am feeling way more improvment by having over 40k maps and playing every day something else.

Well, Happy New Year, good to see someone with experience to discuss about technical things, wish we get some more occasions to do this as i like "research paper" :).

@Ninja Edit - YES - LoGo is right!
E m i
LoGo is right. :3
LoGo
Now you both make me feel weird :'D, oh and i think the key thing here is time taken, it takes way longer to get consistent high stamina without really long streams ( but normally at least for me, if map has so long streams that i can't do them after trying more and more it gets better ( in a reasonable bpm range ))
Also other possibility could be taiko + relax, that could be best for developing accuracy and stamina but with aim sacrifice :- (

Happy New Year to you too
-Makishima S-
Now you both make me feel weird :'D
Welcome to GnR :D
Even you can be not only experienced player but also experienced (shit)poster in our little cave ^^.
Kunino Sagiri
I guess the daily shitposting is in effect even in New Years.
KanoSet

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

I guess the daily shitposting is in effect even in New Years.
anytime everyday everlasting