forum

New Ranking System [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
New Ranking System:

The current ranking system is quite slow because there is more mapers then moders. So with this new ranking system we will speed everything a bit and improve some aspects of it.

Kudo System:
The kudo system have lost it purpose and is un-effective. Players distribute kudo stars just because they are friends, or because they like the song.

Instead of using kudos to give "reputation" to a beatmap, they will be used to give a player the possibility to submit a beatmap. When a player submit a beatmap, 4 kudos will be deducted from him.
The first submition will cost no kudos, although he'll need to aquire 4 kudos to have his first beatmap ranked.
Uploads will cost no kudos.

Stars:
When a certain beatmap reach 25 stars (given from players when they mod the beatmap), that beatmap is now available for ranking.
Kudo stars will not be available anymore.

Ranking:
BATs and MATs will have the same duties but a bit diferent.

A certain beatmap will need to have at least 25 stars (Blue), one MAT star (Pink, proto-bubble), and 2 BAT stars (Yellow, bubble), making a total of at least 28 stars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This way, players will need to help each other, making the ranking process more confortable and easier to inexperienced players.

Discussions and changes in topics above are very welcome.
Mashley
How would this fix anything?
Selee
A certain beatmap will need to have at least 25 stars (Blue), one MAT star (Pink, proto-bubble), and 2 BAT stars (Yellow, bubble), making a total of at least 28 stars.
I think this would make it much slower...

Or you mean more BAT/MAT?
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

Mashley wrote:

How would this fix anything?

Selee wrote:

I think this would make it much slower...

Or you mean more BAT/MAT?
Players usualy make beatmaps but don't mod/help another players. If everyone help each other, would be much better.
maay
Oh lol

I felt maps were getting ranked fast enough already, an average of 4 maps/day is quite fast for me at least >:
Also, shouldn't this be on feature requests?
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
To experienced players is easy to get beatmaps ranked, they know how everything works. But for new/inexperienced players, isn't.
maay

adron zhero wrote:

To experienced players is easy to get beatmaps ranked, they know how everything works. But for new/inexperienced players, isn't.
what
what do experienced players have to do with anything? most of them have never mapped anything at all lol
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
New/inexperienced mapers.

The first submition will cost no kudos, although he'll need to aquire 4 kudos to have his first beatmap ranked
This will incentivate them to search and learn.
NatsumeRin
first you need to prevent the abuse of stars, and it's impossible.

kud for stars only? it may works but also slower than current system i guess.
Claudia_old
The first thing that made me go what the hell: What if a new mapper submits a beatmap, and with the community being somewhat elitist and in general most new mappers become neglected, nobody cares about the map, the mapper loses motivation, an the map gets graved. The next time they want to try again, it's going to cost them 4 kudos they don't have.

How does that fix anything?

The rest went downhill from there.
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

E-Hooker wrote:

The first thing that made me go what the hell: What if a new mapper submits a beatmap, and with the community being somewhat elitist and in general most new mappers become neglected, nobody cares about the map, the mapper loses motivation, an the map gets graved. The next time they want to try again, it's going to cost them 4 kudos they don't have.

Hmm, after his first rank.
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

NatsumeRin wrote:

But it is alredy abused, maybe this way ppl think first before post something (maybe >.>).
NatsumeRin

adron zhero wrote:

NatsumeRin wrote:

But it is alredy abused, maybe this way ppl think first before post something (maybe >.>).
so now the star priority system doesn't work well, and your new system will be meaningless because of this, either. (if no way to solve)
i'd say it's easy for me to gain 25 stars in a day... and if you know Lena's example... gain 100+stars for a WIP map...emm. no.
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

NatsumeRin wrote:

If it is impossible to prevent, create another system?

Anyway, the point of this system is make everyone to contribuite to the comunity. Maybe this way, people understand how the star system works, and stop abusing it.
Derekku
A new ranking system is already in the works. Also, priority changes have already been discussed in multiple threads (e.g., weighted priority stars, removing star privileges from non-modders, etc).
dkun
I'm going to point out some really big flaws in this post you have here.

adron zhero wrote:

If it is impossible to prevent, create another system?

Anyway, the point of this system is make everyone to contribuite to the comunity. Maybe this way, people understand how the star system works, and stop abusing it.
This is the purpose of #modhelp and #modreqs. I don't see you in it, so you're not exploring your opportunities for mods. People know how the star system works, it's quite simple if you think about it.

adron zhero wrote:

Ranking:
BATs and MATs will have the same duties but a bit diferent.

And for the maps that are actually good and don't require mods? This is contradictory to what you "think" the star system is about. Stars are given for a "quality" map. Sure, people just star this left and right, but this is unfair.

adron zhero wrote:

Kudo System:
The kudo system have lost it purpose and is un-effective. Players distribute kudo stars just because they are friends, or because they like the song.

Instead of using kudos to give "reputation" to a beatmap, they will be used to give a player the possibility to submit a beatmap. When a player submit a beatmap, 4 kudos will be deducted from him.
The first submition will cost no kudos, although he'll need to aquire 4 kudos to have his first beatmap ranked.
Uploads will cost no kudos.
The kudos system hasn't lost its purpose. There are moderators revoking unfair kudosu to players. This is a general problem, and is being dealt with accordingly.

adron zhero wrote:

The current ranking system is quite slow because there is more mapers then moders. So with this new ranking system we will speed everything a bit and improve some aspects of it.
There's modders available, you're just looking in the wrong places. Again, this is why #modreqs and mod queues exist. The new MAT "bubble" system is speeding up the ranking of maps as well. The ideas you have posted here will not improve the speed.

And as Derekku said, a new system is in the works. So why not be patient and just wait for it to roll out?
Gomo Psivarh
I support the idea that new maps cost kudos.

And I think we should punish those mappers who have a tons of grave maps.

If your grave maps are more than your ranked maps, you have to spend extra kudos on submitting new maps.
Gomo Psivarh

E-Hooker wrote:

Change the grave system to:

A player's first beatmap will never be moved to graveyard.
anonymous_old

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

I support the idea that new maps cost kudos.
Agreed. Kinda. Rather, I agree with the incentive that a mapper mod other people's maps before their map can be ranked. I think this would go a long way into improving the mapper community.

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

If your grave maps are more than your ranked maps, you have to spend extra kudos on submitting new maps.
Why's that? I can't see any reason why maps in the graveyard are bad other than the fact that they often occupy server space unnecessarily.
Gomo Psivarh

strager wrote:

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

Why's that? I can't see any reason why maps in the graveyard are bad other than the fact that they often occupy server space unnecessarily.

Grave maps are not just occupying server space, but THEY ARE A WASTE OF MODDERS' TIME AND WORK.

Everybody will be pissed off if he or she spent a lot of time on modding a map but eventually the mapper abandoned the map and it get graved.
anonymous_old

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

Everybody will be pissed off if he or she spent a lot of time to mod a map but the map graved eventually.
So be it.
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

dkun wrote:

This is the purpose of #modhelp and #modreqs. I don't see you in it, so you're not exploring your opportunities for mods. People know how the star system works, it's quite simple if you think about it.
I stay almost all day with #modhelp and #modreqs open, and if you did the same you would see that they are hardly used. #modhelp is used but for general purpose, hardly for mod help.

dkun wrote:

And for the maps that are actually good and don't require mods? This is contradictory to what you "think" the star system is about. Stars are given for a "quality" map. Sure, people just star this left and right, but this is unfair.
Don't require mods? ALL MAPS REQUIRE MODS. if they are good, they need less, if they are not they need more.

dkun wrote:

The kudos system hasn't lost its purpose. There are moderators revoking unfair kudosu to players. This is a general problem, and is being dealt with accordingly.
Are you sure? People gain kudos and spend them in beatmap reputation (some don't even spend), but thre isn't any rule to or something that gives a REAL purpose to them. if you gain a kudo, good, if don't, you will lose something?

dkun wrote:

There's modders available, you're just looking in the wrong places. Again, this is why #modreqs and mod queues exist. The new MAT "bubble" system is speeding up the ranking of maps as well. The ideas you have posted here will not improve the speed.
Again, they are TOO slow. People hardly post there, they prefer to ask one by one, wich can be even slower if all say "no" or "too busy, ask too someone else". And not everyone use them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
damn "]" :P ty
Sakura

Derekku wrote:

A new ranking system is already in the works.
Like Derekku said...
Seriously, just wait it out
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
So where is it? I want to discus it, see how it works. Just say "they are working on it" is pretty vague and disappointing don't you think?
Mismagius

Derekku wrote:

removing star privileges from non-modders
How can someone be considered a "modder" on this system? Like, a certain amount of kudosu gained or what?
Derekku

Blue Dragon wrote:

Derekku wrote:

removing star privileges from non-modders
How can someone be considered a "modder" on this system? Like, a certain amount of kudosu gained or what?
Basically, yeah. Having a certain amount of kd to be able to star, and if stars get weighted, then more modding experience would give a higher weight. A big problem right now is effed up priority due to star spam, so changing star privileges would alleviate that. Here's the weighted priority thread.
Zekira

adron zhero wrote:

So where is it? I want to discus it, see how it works. Just say "they are working on it" is pretty vague and disappointing don't you think?
It's somewhere out of your reach anyway.
tieff
4-7 ranked maps per day it's... SLOW?
Zekira
Guy's dreaming big, I guess
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

adron zhero wrote:

This way, players will need to help each other, making the ranking process more confortable and easier to inexperienced players.
Hahaha... well, an avarage of 4 months to get a beatmap ranked is soooo fast.

More moders, better maps.

And who said anythng about getting maps ranked faster? What i am saying is, QUALITY FIRST, THEN RANKED!

Zekira wrote:

adron zhero wrote:

It's somewhere out of your reach anyway.
No need to be a meanie. =)
NotShinta

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

What.
Derekku

adron zhero wrote:

well, an avarage of 4 months to get a beatmap ranked is soooo fast.
It usually only takes that long when the mapper doesn't take enough initiative to get their map ranked (or does stupid things like refusing to apply critical mods or bugging every bat every day).
Claudia_old

NotShinta wrote:

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

What.
anonymous_old

adron zhero wrote:

And who said anythng about getting maps ranked faster?
You did.
Derekku

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

The day that the graveyard stood still...
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

strager wrote:

adron zhero wrote:

You did.
The current ranking system is quite slow because there is more mapers then moders.
Maps will not get ranked faster because there is the same amount of BATs. This is to mainly improve the moding process, making maps better, making the ranking process easier to BATs. This way, they can rank maps faster.

Note:

What is better: 5 well made maps ranked per day or 20 bad maps ranked per day?
anonymous_old

adron zhero wrote:

strager wrote:

You did.

adron zhero wrote:

... This way, they can rank maps faster.

adron zhero wrote:

What is better: 5 well made maps ranked per day or 20 bad maps ranked per day?
The former. Why are you asking this? You have in no way mentioned the quality of maps other than saying it is essentially inversely proportional to the speed of a map getting ranked:

adron zhero wrote:

And who said anythng about getting maps ranked faster? What i am saying is, QUALITY FIRST, THEN RANKED!
You seem to have a self-conflict?
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
Getting maps ranked faster is a consequence, it's not the main concern of this system. It maybe will improve the speed, but mainly, it will produce better beatmaps.
anonymous_old

adron zhero wrote:

Getting maps ranked faster is a consequence, it's not the main concern of this system. It maybe will improve the speed, but mainly, it will produce better beatmaps.
That's definitely not what you said in your original post.
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
Well, i think i didn't fully explained everything (my dissertation skills are bad >.>), but that was what i mean.
blissfulyoshi
Just going to say that forcing players to mod will probably not lead to decent modding post, and 4 bad modding post will probably be worth next to nothing to a map in the long run.
mm201
Moved to Feature Requests (where it belongs) so Derekku can deny it :P
Derekku

MetalMario201 wrote:

Moved to Feature Requests (where it belongs) so Derekku can deny it :P
d'awww, you DO care <3