forum

[invalid] New rules

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
People do some stupid shit in the chats. Some of these things migth already be rules but i never see them enforced so i wouldnt know.

1. No asking for supporter
2. No asking for getting silenced
3. No PM random people asking them to join your lobby
4. No asking for a song to be mapped

Okay alteast 2. should lead to an immidiate silence without warning. One more that is not so important but should still be there

5. No asking for spectators

THaNkS
Rilene

Sea_Food wrote:

people should realize that this is like asking money from strangers at the street

Sea_Food wrote:

If they ask for it, why not give them? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Of course, give them a confirmation if they really want it.

Sea_Food wrote:

Just enforce them, say like "if you did it again, i'll give you silence" while you didn't give any at all.

Sea_Food wrote:

not sure

Sea_Food wrote:

this is ok but gets ignored anyway and if it is spammed then obviously silence

All of these are just my two cents.
Full Tablet
1., 3., 4. and 5. aren't things that should be prohibited per se (there isn't anything inherently wrong about asking for those things, it's all about how they ask).

Cases of 2. would most likely fall into the "no harassment" rule (trying to provoke the chat mods), or just the "no spam" rule if that is the method of achieving the silence.
Pawsu
Asking for supporter usually results in a mute when they repeat themselves (spam it)

Asking for a silence shouldn't result in a mute, just wait until they do something worth of a mute

There is an option to disable Multiplayer invites from all users, limiting it to friends only. How would that even work? It's in PM.

A mute for asking for a song to be mapped? Unneeded. Just remind them that they should try themselves or ask someone in private.

Asking for spectators is fine until it gets spammed.

Basically all of these are fine until it gets spammed-- "1. No spamming or flooding."
Moderators, as always, watch the chat and deal with these at their own discretion, and I don't believe any of these need to be added.
Make sure to use the command !report <user> <reason> if you see someone spamming or misusing any of these.
xxdeathx

Sea_Food wrote:

too many of these threads on the forums too
Pawsu

xxdeathx wrote:

Sea_Food wrote:

too many of these threads on the forums too
It's already a rule on the forums. Usually get locked. t/23976
Nathanael
> There is a FAQ entry before that asking for a supporter tag is forbidden, idk why it got removed.

> This can be considered as nonsense.

> Use /nopm command or disable invitations at options.
> Moderators will not silence for this reason or we're making the invite system as risky.

> This is already a rule, not just limited to Beatmap Projects.

> If getting too much attention, that is.
xxdeathx

Pawsu wrote:

i know, but maybe they shouldl start silencing for it
Bara-

xxdeathx wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

i know, but maybe they shouldl start silencing for it
I agree with this
Pawsu
...Why? It seems a little much. Just a warning and then perhaps a silence if they persist. Usually they only do it once or twice
Endaris

Pawsu wrote:

Asking for supporter usually results in a mute when they repeat themselves (spam it)

Asking for a silence shouldn't result in a mute, just wait until they do something worth of a mute

There is an option to disable Multiplayer invites from all users, limiting it to friends only. How would that even work? It's in PM.

A mute for asking for a song to be mapped? Unneeded. Just remind them that they should try themselves or ask someone in private.

Asking for spectators is fine until it gets spammed.

Basically all of these are fine until it gets spammed-- "1. No spamming or flooding."
Moderators, as always, watch the chat and deal with these at their own discretion, and I don't believe any of these need to be added.
Make sure to use the command !report <user> <reason> if you see someone spamming or misusing any of these.
I fully agree here.
Silences for Beatmap Requests are useless anyway as most people try it only one time anyway - pointless to hand out a silence there.
Rather try something regarding prevention.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
I would just like to add that i regularly see even veteran players going against my rules 1, 2 and 5. Many times for over 15minutes.
VeilStar
Sorry, but what even is the purpose of this thread/adding these rules? Everything aside from 2 are innocent things to ask, so I completely disagree with adding these rules. Yes, these situations can be annoying if repeated and can lead to unwanted chat, but we don't need rules for stupid stuff like this. Moderators should just apply their own judgement to the situation and respond to it as they see fit.

There is a !report command and there is an option to block peole from privately messaging for you see cases like these that require intervention. Use them instead of having a piece of text somewhere that won't really help these situations.
Stefan
A good thing moderators exist to handle these things case-by-case, isn't that great?! Marked as invalid, reasons are pointed above.