forum

Slider breaking total counter on stats

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Iciee
I know it will be a ridiculous Request but it would be REALLY helpful for people (like me) that love to keep record of the beatmaps they've completed in the past and come back later looking back at it. My goal to improve this is to make breaking off Sliders (holding down a slider then leaving off from it without reaching the end or getting on a slider without tapping the beginning) becoming a miss.
Now, I've experienced something like this right now where I look at my replay of a beatmap I did a week ago so I was looking at the scores and I was wondering "Hmm, did I FC this?" noticing that I have 0 miss "How come I have such a low score?" So I had 18x 100's and 1 50 but I should still have higher score by then right?

So I watched my replay fast forwarding it and suddenly I heard a combobreak and I've noticed it was from a Slider break. Until I've reached the end I've had a crap load of Slider breaks leading me off to a bad score but not a miss!

Please! Change this and make the slider breaking a miss!

P.S: This change would affect people's beatmap scores but I don't want a change on the scores, just add "Miss" notes in the end of a beatmap so that we all know it's not a FC and not end up as a confusion!

Edited: Thanks to Yauxo for the idea and he/she posted a picture of a stat showing off what it looks like a Slider Break counter. Now I would love that added to this feature and would be awesome if this feature passes so my feature request is for Peppy and mods to add Slider Break counters on every stats ever recorded and make it an actual thing! :)

Other Edited: I decided to change the subject as "Slider Break Counter" request (there's probably a request like this out there... But I would like this to be noticed and hopefully this passes.
Pituophis
The way it is now is fine.
Play more for less slider breaks.
Just look at your combo, then look at the combos on global rankings. You'll know if you FC'd or not.
Bara-
1.) Changing this now would have ridiculous impact on every score
2.) Look at the ranking graph. I believe, when you FC it, ranking-perfect appears. I might be wrong though, kinda forgot when it happens
Endaris

Baraatje123 wrote:

1.) Changing this now would have ridiculous impact on every score
2.) Look at the ranking graph. I believe, when you FC it, ranking-perfect appears. I might be wrong though, kinda forgot when it happens
Only upon map completion, not when you check the replay I think.

You may want to take a look at this feature request:
t/320334

This is more likely to happen than your request as yours would affect scores as mentioned by Baraatje.
Topic Starter
Iciee
I know about the combo thing, yes. But I think its too much if they try to fix the replays by adding misses on Slider Breaks, would like to see how this feature works by adding misses between the beginning and end stats on people's replays in general, would cause more confusion if they only add the feature IF they update their song scores currently.
Bauxe

Pakulu wrote:

I know about the combo thing, yes. But I think its too much if they try to fix the replays by adding misses on Slider Breaks, would like to see how this feature works by adding misses between the beginning and end stats on people's replays in general, would cause more confusion if they only add the feature IF they update their song scores currently.
It can't update all the scores since there is no replay data for almost all scores.

Just compare your combo to global rankings.
Yauxo
Why dont we add a tiny thing like this to the ranking screen?

I really think that Sliderbreaks should be shown/mentioned somewhere. It's an element that affects your gameplay (combo/score/pp), yet it's not documented anywhere at all? We all know that they exist, so it'd be really handy to see them somewhere.
Bara-
That'd be fine
Topic Starter
Iciee

Yauxo wrote:

Why dont we add a tiny thing like this to the ranking screen?

I really think that Sliderbreaks should be shown/mentioned somewhere. It's an element that affects your gameplay (combo/score/pp), yet it's not documented anywhere at all? We all know that they exist, so it'd be really handy to see them somewhere.
That would be ideal, from judging that pic it will be really helpful for us (Or people that record themselves with webcam and record the replay to reenact of how they did) so that other people will know if that person FC'ed it or not rather than looking at the combo.

People that don't know a map really well (Or never played it) obviously won't know how many notes are there in total. So if you Slide Break and start a combo all over and end the song with that combo (High combo of course) then they will obviously think that combo will be the combo they'll expect to end the song with (aka FC) Unless, if they look at the replay then they will be wrong.

That's why I want to make a feature like this to end confusion into this game and make it more understandable.
Topic Starter
Iciee
Sorry to those who replied, this post is not about skill level or anything, its just a little feature I would like it to actually happen, so please help this get passed :)

Also, I am hoping that this kind of feature (if they actually make it) to not impact on scores in the future, its just a little counter added in the end of a song and it will appear at the bottom of the "Miss" notes so that people will know if that person FC'ed the song or not :)
Pituophis
I think something that showed slider breaks on the ranking screen would be nice.
Endaris
I really don't think this has any use over the thread I linked above.
What about Sliderend-Drops in this context?
Yauxo

Endaris wrote:

I really don't think this has any use over the thread I linked above.
What about Sliderend-Drops in this context?
I think your linked request just disables the shinyness of the sliderbroken play. How many sliderbreaks though? No idea.
Sliderbreaks are, just like breaks, a thing that can happen multiple times in one play, so a counter would probably be better.

Missed ends are different to sliderbreaks, too. You can still have a "full combo" (no-miss play, combocounter didnt reset) with missed sliderends, but you cant have a sliderbroken full combo, as the combocounter reset.