forum

Custom Editor Resolution. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Claudia_old
So I noticed when I was editing and modding some maps, that the editor interface only comes in a few resolutions: 800x600, 1024x768, 1240x900[right?], and 640x480.

While this works out great for most people, players with netbooks and 1980[?]x1440 monitors are left in the dark. Due to my 1024x576 monitor, I can't reach the bottom bit of the editor [including the timeline] in any of the logically used resolutions, and 640x480 gives ~9fps.

So if it's at all possible, would there ever be the ability to configure the editor interface [not the beatmap selection interface for the editor - you can custom edit that in username.cfg] to fit into Native Fullscreen or something like that? Sorry if this comes off as bitching or complaining, which i'm not.
mm201
Did you know? The editor will retain the windowed resolution you have set for the rest of osu!

osu!'s field is 4x3, so I don't see what purpose a widescreen editor would serve. 640x480 should fit any screen out there from this century.

E-Hooker wrote:

640x480 gives ~9fps.
This really shouldn't be happening, and is a problem with your system. You should take this to Help & Support.

Denying because this already exists.
Topic Starter
Claudia_old

MetalMario201 wrote:

Did you know? The editor will retain the windowed resolution you have set for the rest of osu!

osu!'s field is 4x3, so I don't see what purpose a widescreen editor would serve. 640x480 should fit any screen out there from this century.

E-Hooker wrote:

640x480 gives ~9fps.
This really shouldn't be happening, and is a problem with your system. You should take this to Help & Support.

Denying because this already exists.
I play osu! in fullscreen, and I have windowed mode configured to fit my native resolution yet this still does not carry over to the editor.

And yes, 640x480 fits, but it is windowed and since it doesn't match my resolution close enough, it puts a horrid strain on my graphics card, which isn't a tech issue, it happens all the time.
mm201
I strongly recommend not to run in your native resolution windowed. The bottom/sides will be cut off because of the window border, and Windows just doesn't generally like windows larger than the desktop.

E-Hooker wrote:

And yes, 640x480 fits, but it is windowed and since it doesn't match my resolution close enough, it puts a horrid strain on my graphics card, which isn't a tech issue, it happens all the time.
This is just bullshit. It makes no difference whether the window is as big as the desktop or not. It's handled the very same.