forum

Improving mouse user performance ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gata-kun
Hello guys, I am a mouse-user of osu! orginal that have been playing osu! for 2 years and silent reader of osu!'s forum.

Like the title said, I really want to hear people's opinion about improving the performance for playing osu! original. Like the skins ? Maybe some dpi changing in registry editor ? Or mouse of choice ?

I would like to hear the opinions from the non-mouse user too! I am really grateful if you post your opinions here~

Thanks and sorry for the bad english.
Mr Meeseeks_old_1
It's all personal preference, use a skin that is appealing to you and enjoy using. Same for the mouse, use a mouse that comfortably sits in your hand (if you have small hands use a smaller mouse?)
dung eater
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/search?q=mouse&siteurl=osu.ppy.sh

play a lot more

also check the stickies on gameplay & rankings, the ones that have stuff about getting better
Topic Starter
Gata-kun

jaaakb wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/search?q=mouse&siteurl=osu.ppy.sh

play a lot more

also check the stickies on gameplay & rankings, the ones that have stuff about getting better
thankies ~
Mahogany
Just learn to aim better omg

You're not anywhere near the level of skill required to hit a wall and your playcount is really low, changing your settings around will do nothing but make it harder to attain muscle memory.

If you HAVE to change something, lower your sensitivity. Lower sensitivity gives you higher margin for error, which means you're less likely to miss. The extra time and energy spent moving the mouse an extra distance is negligible.

As long as you aren't using a really shitty skin like the default skin, you should be fine. Niko's skin is what I use.

Play more
Topic Starter
Gata-kun

Mahogany wrote:

Just learn to aim better omg

You're not anywhere near the level of skill required to hit a wall and your playcount is really low, changing your settings around will do nothing but make it harder to attain muscle memory.

If you HAVE to change something, lower your sensitivity. Lower sensitivity gives you higher margin for error, which means you're less likely to miss. The extra time and energy spent moving the mouse an extra distance is negligible.

As long as you aren't using a really shitty skin like the default skin, you should be fine. Niko's skin is what I use.

Play more

The problem is in my house that I was living, I don't pretty much play online rather than using local play only. That's why my playcount is really low, because I closed the program before it could save the score.
For me, my skill is kinda enough because I can play Hyper difficulty sometimes with HD mods.

And anyway thanks. I tried to lower the sensitivity, it didn't help. But with the new feature of osu! when you can setting the cursor size is kinda helpful by using the big cursor.

Much appriciate your answer~
RedKing
Why hasn't anyone mentioned enabling raw input, and disabling 'enhance pointer precision' in mouse options on windows. It's the main thing every mouse user needs. the rest is just practise, and hardware will matter way later down the line, roughly ranks 60k and upwards.