forum

spectrumGenerator |sG 0.3|

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XinCrin
Hey guys, I made a little application to generate the most "wanted" effect, yeah, the spectrum. Let's see some screenshots before to start.

► Before to start

1. Be sure to have the latest java update, you can check it in cmd (Just type java -version and enter), example

► Installation

1. Download the rar file from current link
  2. Extract where ever you want

► How to use it

1. 1. Open Spectrum.exe and there will appear a dialog, select your mp3 file and open it
  2. 2. Before to start, complete all the text boxes with all the values that you need
Open
  1. Style: Set the Style of spectrum {0;1;2}
  2. Save: You can set where you want to save your osb code, by default it will save it to your desktop . You can just type the filename and the txt file will be created in the same folder
  3. Path: The path of your image
  4. startTime: Here is where your spectrum will start (ms)
  5. endTime: Here is where your spectrum will fade-out (ms)
  6. fade:Opacity |1-full visible|0-hidden|
  7. ms before fade-in: yeah that (ms)
  8. ms before fade-out: you know it (ms)
  9. Color|r|g|b|: The color of your spectrum
  10. Color2|r|g|b|: The second color of your spectrum *You only need to enter a value here if you are going to enable ColorLoop*
  11. X: X position where the first bar will start appearing
  12. Y: Y position
  13. VH: Horizontal size of your bars
  14. Distance between bars: Distance between each bar (px)
  15. Origin: Is this really necessary? yes. The appearance of your spectrum will depend of this Example: BottomCentre,Centre
  16. Additive: Enable it if you want an additive blend effect to your image
  17. oneBeat: (ms)
  18. Loop: How many times the loop will work
  19. xWave: X distance for the wave
  20. Radius: Value for the circle shape

► Style

1. 3. Before to start you should know that there are three styles for the spectrum, normal spectrum, waves and circular spectrum. What's the difference?, Well Let's see it now
Normal Spectrum

1. A simple spectrum

Waves

1. You need to combine images with the tool and you could get that kind of spectrum with waves style
  1. 4. Now you have to choose a style: |0 - Normal Spectrum||1 - Waves||2 - Circle|| I'll be adding more styles if you have any suggestion
  2. 5. If you will use the first style (0) you can ignore the next text boxes (oneBeat||loop||xwave||radius)
  3. 5.1. If not (Waves) , we have to introduce the next values now
Open
  1. oneBeat: Well, one beat, that, the distance between a white tick and the next one (miliseconds)
  2. Loop: How many times the spectrum will be moving (Waves)
  3. XWaves: How many pixels the bars will move in the Y position (20 should be okay, to have a soft movement)
  1. 5.2. If you will use third style (Circular Spectrum) we need to add these values and we can just ignore (oneBeat||loop||xwave)
Open
  1. Radius: The circle radius
  1. 6. Color Loop Option There's an extra feature where you can have a colorful spectrum with two color values like waves and circular spectrum example, What do we need for this?
Open
  1. Color(r,g,b): First Color
  2. Color2(r,g,b): Second Color
  3. oneBeat: (ms)
  4. Loop: How many times it will be being looped
  5. And the most important thing: Enable ColorLoop checkbox
  1. 7. Now Press START , wait a bit please, don't press it again. Why?. Because it takes a while to skip to the startTime ms
  2. 8. It should stop when it reaches the endTime value. Anyways you can press STOP button if you want to
  1. 9. Now go to your Desktop or the path that you've choosen to save it and there should be a txt file named spectrum.txt will all your storyboard code
  2. 10. Just copy all the code and paste it into your .osb file
►NOTE: You can set how many bars you want to generate by editing bars.txt at SpectrumGenerator folder and change the quantity. (Why didn't you add this into the GUI?. ~ Because the app should know how many bars will appear before to start the app). Be sure to edit this txt file before to start the app or it would crash.
►NOTE: The max. number of bars that you can set is 120
  1. If you want to work with coding be sure to take a look at Wafu's Guide
  1. There was an auto-updater but let's remove it for now since it isn't working very well :(
Ashasaki
Great help for the storyboarders for this Xincrin!
Gero
I tested this already and it works perfectly fine, good job Xin.
arviejhay
yay
Yumeno Himiko
This is good LoL

We have TWO spectrum generators now XD
Len

Ashasaki wrote:

Great help for the storyboarders for this Xincrin!
arviejhay
I have a problem:
when i set the bars number to 80, then i press start after i fill out the needed values, the spectrum didn't showed up.
Bray-
wow

good job xin

but there is an problem when i start it and nothing happen, i already have latest java, and i do all the steps, but negative >.>

gonna wait for your update soon :) :)
Topic Starter
XinCrin

arviejhay wrote:

I have a problem:
when i set the bars number to 80, then i press start after i fill out the needed values, the spectrum didn't showed up.
Yeah, my bad. 60 was the max number of bars but now I've changed it to 120
I've just fixed it, here's a new download link: http://puu.sh/m7fpG/9a08beaa42.rar
Cellina
What should I have to do to place my spectrum at perfect centre?
Topic Starter
XinCrin

Reana wrote:

What should I have to do to place my spectrum at perfect centre?
What do you mean by centre?. X or Y?

Y:240
X: It will depend of bars quantity
Wafu
Cool stuff! Let's see how are people going to use this :)
Also thanks for linking my thread, did the same as I really see this can do a lot of things.
Topic Starter
XinCrin

Wafu wrote:

Cool stuff! Let's see how are people going to use this :)
Also thanks for linking my thread, did the same as I really see this can do a lot of things.
Thanks for linking my thread too :)
Yep, I just hope it doesn't will be overused in beatmaps :p
crystalshower
Finally :D
byfar
Yuzeyun
Change the locale to Locale.US, please. Using the program under a locale that has, for decimal values "0,1564" breaks everything.
Topic Starter
XinCrin
Yeah, my bad. I'm gonna fix it soon and upload a new version
Done, Here's a new download link. I've edited the link in the main post too.
byfar
after i apply the spectrum, osu becomes super laggy when i open my map in the editor. it doesn't lag on any other map with an audio spectrum.
Topic Starter
XinCrin

byfar wrote:

my map in the editor becomes super laggy when i apply the spectrum, it doesn't lag on any other map
Can you provide me your beatmap?
byfar

XinCrin wrote:

byfar wrote:

my map in the editor becomes super laggy when i apply the spectrum, it doesn't lag on any other map
Can you provide me your beatmap?
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/340048
show more