forum

Osu open source discussion.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Totomi
I am patiently waiting for the osu source code to be released. What is the status so far?
Maybe if we talk about all the cool things we want to do once osu goes open source, peppy will prioritize it.

I'll start, I want to:
Make an automatic hp system that makes you loose when you deserve to lose and pass when you don't deserve to lose.
Add support for variable CS sizes.
Make spinners give a 300/bonus if you follow the tempo with spins per minute.
Create a hold object.
Replace back and forward sliders that are too close to each other with a hold object.
Reward players for closely following sliders.
Fix streams so that you can press on the secondhitobject if you missed the first one.
Lot's of other things that would make me enjoy the game tonnes more.
Endaris
The feature request subforum is right here my friend:
Make sure you use search first to see whether a feature got already requested and read the stickies.
Topic Starter
Totomi

Endaris wrote:

The feature request subforum is right here my friend:
Make sure you use search first to see whether a feature got already requested and read the stickies.
I'm not requesting any feature unless that feature is Osu's source code.
NoYzE
Yea OSS makes much things easier, and dependent on the license it's not even hurting the right-holder. Even MS is OSing big parts of .NET because it makes better Software and they have to rival Java. On the other hand i would fear rip-offs/illegal forks too what is scattering the community and distracting from development. (Think Windows/Mac vs Linux diversity)
Topic Starter
Totomi
Osu's future public repo:
https://github.com/ppy/osu

As far as I know, they are working on it right now.
No clue how long we shall wait.