1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Help
  4. Resolved Issues
posted
Problem Details:
I've had this problem for a while now but i just ignored it thinking maybe it'll just go away after a few updates but it's still there and slowly starting to get on my nerves. Everytime i play a specific beatmap, I get this 1-ms freeze when the first note drops and sometimes halfway through the game, i get this consistent lag which happens at a specified time, Restarting the beatmap won't help either. I don't have this on all of my beatmaps, just a few, but still, it irks me when i'm trying to achieve SS. I have my storyboard and video on and yes, i know these might be the cause but i don't like playing without them. I'm already in compatibility mode and i don't want to switch to fallback. Are there any ways besides these to get rid of this problem? Like Improving PC Performance?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151217.3 (latest)
posted
Could you please post the beatmap where this happens the most frequently?
posted
posted
Looks like it's definitely the storyboard causing it, so not related to osu!mania specifically at all.
posted
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/80747 forgot to add this one, the most notorious and it doesn't even have video. If it's the storyboard, guess i'll just have to disable it then :(
posted
The first map doesn't have a storyboard. How can it be the storyboard? I'm going to assume you meant the video. The video could have been a lower quality. If you can't play with the video, you're just going to live without the video.